Keene, TX
Southwestern Adventist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Adventist University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Bryan

I have had the opportunity to visit a couple of times and I really like what I've seen. The people I've met so far are really helpful and seem to genuinely care about the students and their success. I'm looking forward to my first year at Southwestern Adventist University.

Lilly

This university is very friendly and the professors are amazing. It is a smaller college than most but this is a good thing when it comes to the professors. They are more involved and form personal connections with the students. It is also a very safe campus and many clubs and activities can be found throughout the year.

Esther

If you're looking for a cozy, remote, private school interested in your spiritual well being, Southwestern Adventist University is the school for you. The small class sizes allow each student to receive the attention they need and make your academics a priority.

Erin

I love the campus. First of all, I feel safe and secure when I walk class to class. The people there are accepting and very easy to get along with. It is full of people just like me. The education there is amazing because the teachers actually want to help you succeed and they are always available when you need them.

Josh

It has a great Adventist atmosphere. You get great and close friends. The teachers are always willing to help, and you'll find help anywhere. The school always has some event that is going on, and the cafe has pretty great food. There are a lot of great people here.

Chardonnay Alexis De'Jenea

Southwestern is a good school. It's somewhat easy to become involved. The faculty and staff are friendly and helpful. They are always there to talk and help you out in anyway. It's a really chill campus most of the time. There's always something to do most times. The games are always fun and hype. The only problem I had was I wished the cafeteria served better quality food and updated their menu on the app more often. Overall, SWAU is a great school! Go Knights!

Saul Asiel

the thing that is most unique about this school is that it is very spiritual and since it is a small school the teacher can really help students one on one if the student would like it.

The advice that I would give myself is to never give up even when it seems like you can't go this just keep going. I would also tell my younger self to continue studing hard for every test and to make friends that will motivate you to do better. Last but not least, i would tell my younger self to alwasy keep God first in my life. He is the one who has granted me the ability to think and to comprehend things. So always keep him first in your life and he will work miracles for you.

A person that is motivated to learn and a person that is looking to make life long friends. Also this school is for the kind of person that wants to get the most out of thier education by doing team projects, presentations, and reaserch papers.

Alicia

As a high school I always was looking forward to collage, but one advice I would give myself is do not stress, find your priorities and do not say yes to everything, you will find yourself with no time. Collage is great if you know how to mange.

I believe that everyone is welcome to Southwestern Adventist University; there is more than 57 Nationalities in this university. All the races get along and there lots of social events on campus so students would be able to socialize. We have many people from different places such as Mexico, New York, Korea, China, and Dallas. Our enrollment team is in charge of getting different students on board. I believe Southwestern is a great university. Walking down the sidewalk students always have smiling faces, here at Southwestern no one feels left out. We are family and everyone I welcome on board

My classmates are very united and helping. We look out for each other and help each other with what is needed.

Sage

The food is limited. It's a Ovoo lacto diet.

The food is limited. It's a Ovoo lacto diet.

Going back in time, talking to myself, I would say: "Build a foundation for yourself. Nothing is more important than getting into college. You will never have this chance again. You're able to mess up now, but don't take advantage of it. Work on your spiritual life and focus on what matters. Don't let others get you down they aren't going to be around forever. Respect yourself and others, Learn to focus and use your time wisely, but most of all reconize that you can do anything you set your mind to because it's all about motivation.

Katelin

I wished I would have known what I was truly getting myself into. They gave me a speech that sounded like sounthwestern was the best option for me at the time. I was a transfer student to Southwestern Adventist University and they failed to tell me that classes in my degree were offered on a two year rotation. My advisor lead me to believe that I was good to go for graduation in 2 years but 1 semester from graduation I find that I am short upper level credits which caused me to take an overlod of classes to finish.

This school due to inadequate advising has cost me more time and money than needed. For example, I submitted my schedule for the semester to my advisor and he approved it. But I had two classes that were over looked and these classes are on a two year rotation. And because they offer classes every two years they offer indepedent studies which is great but they charge more than just tuition for the classes. Had both my advisor and myself been on top of things I could have avoided taking online classes which would have saved me time and money.

Every student should expect hurdles in college and all should be prepared. If I were to go back in time I would have a plan put into writing by my advisor and by records to make sure I can graduate in 4 years. I put too much faith into my advisor to have my best interest in mind. Everything that I expected was not at all what I thought it would turn out to be. Many events took place that caused me to take more classes than expected which in turn cost me more time and money. If I could do things different I would have looked into the school I went into a little bit deeper and made a four year plan. I would have scheduled my classes all the way to graduation day. If I would have done that I would not be as stressed to graduate. If I would have done that I would not have such a finicial burden and an overload of classes. If I were to give myself any kind of advise it would be not to assume that my advisor knows whats best and have a complete plan before making a big desistion.

Southwestern Adventist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.