Keene, TX
Southwestern Adventist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Adventist University

Chardonnay Alexis De'Jenea

Southwestern is a good school. It's somewhat easy to become involved. The faculty and staff are friendly and helpful. They are always there to talk and help you out in anyway. It's a really chill campus most of the time. There's always something to do most times. The games are always fun and hype. The only problem I had was I wished the cafeteria served better quality food and updated their menu on the app more often. Overall, SWAU is a great school! Go Knights!

Saul Asiel

the thing that is most unique about this school is that it is very spiritual and since it is a small school the teacher can really help students one on one if the student would like it.

The advice that I would give myself is to never give up even when it seems like you can't go this just keep going. I would also tell my younger self to continue studing hard for every test and to make friends that will motivate you to do better. Last but not least, i would tell my younger self to alwasy keep God first in my life. He is the one who has granted me the ability to think and to comprehend things. So always keep him first in your life and he will work miracles for you.

A person that is motivated to learn and a person that is looking to make life long friends. Also this school is for the kind of person that wants to get the most out of thier education by doing team projects, presentations, and reaserch papers.

Alicia

My classmates are very united and helping. We look out for each other and help each other with what is needed.

As a high school I always was looking forward to collage, but one advice I would give myself is do not stress, find your priorities and do not say yes to everything, you will find yourself with no time. Collage is great if you know how to mange.

I believe that everyone is welcome to Southwestern Adventist University; there is more than 57 Nationalities in this university. All the races get along and there lots of social events on campus so students would be able to socialize. We have many people from different places such as Mexico, New York, Korea, China, and Dallas. Our enrollment team is in charge of getting different students on board. I believe Southwestern is a great university. Walking down the sidewalk students always have smiling faces, here at Southwestern no one feels left out. We are family and everyone I welcome on board

Sage

Going back in time, talking to myself, I would say: "Build a foundation for yourself. Nothing is more important than getting into college. You will never have this chance again. You're able to mess up now, but don't take advantage of it. Work on your spiritual life and focus on what matters. Don't let others get you down they aren't going to be around forever. Respect yourself and others, Learn to focus and use your time wisely, but most of all reconize that you can do anything you set your mind to because it's all about motivation.

The food is limited. It's a Ovoo lacto diet.

Katelin

Every student should expect hurdles in college and all should be prepared. If I were to go back in time I would have a plan put into writing by my advisor and by records to make sure I can graduate in 4 years. I put too much faith into my advisor to have my best interest in mind. Everything that I expected was not at all what I thought it would turn out to be. Many events took place that caused me to take more classes than expected which in turn cost me more time and money. If I could do things different I would have looked into the school I went into a little bit deeper and made a four year plan. I would have scheduled my classes all the way to graduation day. If I would have done that I would not be as stressed to graduate. If I would have done that I would not have such a finicial burden and an overload of classes. If I were to give myself any kind of advise it would be not to assume that my advisor knows whats best and have a complete plan before making a big desistion.

I wished I would have known what I was truly getting myself into. They gave me a speech that sounded like sounthwestern was the best option for me at the time. I was a transfer student to Southwestern Adventist University and they failed to tell me that classes in my degree were offered on a two year rotation. My advisor lead me to believe that I was good to go for graduation in 2 years but 1 semester from graduation I find that I am short upper level credits which caused me to take an overlod of classes to finish.

This school due to inadequate advising has cost me more time and money than needed. For example, I submitted my schedule for the semester to my advisor and he approved it. But I had two classes that were over looked and these classes are on a two year rotation. And because they offer classes every two years they offer indepedent studies which is great but they charge more than just tuition for the classes. Had both my advisor and myself been on top of things I could have avoided taking online classes which would have saved me time and money.

Our school is best known for its nursing program. It has a very good nursing program that offers a bachelors in science in nursing. The school is also adventist, so it is a private school.

It seems that as a senior in high school you know everything, I know with great certainty that that is very wrong. I would tell myself that I needed to find a way to go to college full-time, instead of going part-time and working. I would tell myself to take advantage of all the opportunities offered and get involved in everything that I could because it really does pay off later down the road. I could tell myself to never ever play around with a single grade, no matter how small I thought it was, because every grade really does count in the long run especially after high school. Be a sponge and take in all that you can now, and don’t take anything for granted. Make good study habits in high school that last throughout college life. I would like to tell myself to have fun, go to your prom. I did not go to my prom, and that is one experience I would love to have back. Last but not least do not forget why you are pursuing your education, always remember your goals and don’t lose reach of them for anything or anyone.

I wish that I would have known that I would not get any financial funding.

Kacie

Small christian school that focuses on religion and living by God's word.

Small christian school that focuses on religion and living by God's word.

As a 32 year old woman attending a university full of fresh high school graduates my first year of college has been an adjustment. I would love to go back in time and give myself some sound advice. The first advice would be on how to prepare myself for college. I would tell myself to learn how to study and create good study habits now while school still comes easy to you. I would then tell myself to not worry about that boy that you think is so special and to go to the college you want because if you stay here and attend the junior college it is way too easy to drop out. If he doesn’t want to wait on you or try a long distance relationship then he is really not worth it. Boys don’t always last but that degree will last a lifetime. I would tell myself that college is so much harder when you are older and have more responsibilities. I would also tell myself that not going away to college you are missing out on so many social opportunities and making those friends that last a lifetime.

Any person that is religious based that enjoys friendly professors.

Alexander

It’s bizarre to think that I’m not the same person I was just a couple of years ago. Yet, I am – the one and only me. Feeling evermore wise, (100% likely deceptively) I have an abundance of things I would love to convey to myself. I imagine that once the conversation initiated, (once we got past the whole awkward meeting yourself thing…), it would proceed somewhat similarly to the following: Listen here, dear me, do not let anyone else try to rule what you really are; we both know your true ambitions, what wholeheartedly drives you each day. Pronounce those ideas, and let them be heard, escaping your mind. Lose any fear in branching out, and just do it – you could (and will) make new friends, of which some appear to be for the long haul. Furthermore, the camaraderie you manufacture will help you achieve nearby goals more easily in the educational world as well as on the floor at work. Let your musical taste flourish (embrace The Beatles – you’ll admire them soon enough!). Finally, in tangent with diversifying yourself and meeting new people, always remember the people who shaped you into who you are, today.

Benjamin

I'm tired of answering your questions.... Friendly .

I'm tired of answering your questions.... Friendly .

You don't know me , but I know you. I don't want you to utter a word. I want you to sit there and listen. Just for a moment and you'll never see me again. This year in high school you've grown more than all of your years of education combined. You know life hasn't always been kind to you. You've had to fight for everything you've ever had, yet you’ve made it this far and that is truly amazing. I dislike telling you this though, but your not done fighting; not by a long shoot. Pick up your shoulder off the floor. Stop pouting! Baby! I'm here to tell you that you'll make it. All those naysayers , all those people who excelled way before you've ever had dream of spreading your wings and flying away. Will fall to sides as you slowly climb up mountain of successes. It will take you time and you'll will struggle more than others will . Just keep on fight and trying and doing what you've always done best. Never give up and you will make it.

The food and the people.

Catherine

Southwestern Adventist University is a Christian bases school training thousands of students around the world to better serve their communities and reach this world for Jesus.

Southwestern Adventist University is the only higher education school that God told me specifically to go to. My advice is that you pray about where to go and go wherever God leads. That's the only way you will truly find the school that is right for you.

As you finish high school and look to your future, seriously consider where God wants you to be. Go there. Fear not. God is with you. College is not like high school. It's more structured, more fun, and much more rewarding. Leaving home is scary, but God is with you and will guide and protect you. You still have your family to support you from afar. The staff is friendly and helpful. God can work out your finances, trust Him. You will learn alot of new and exciting things. Look ahead and attempt to finish homework and long projects ahead of time. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Be open to learning new things. Work hard. Rest well. Stay close to God. Be faithful and honest in all you do. Pray over every relationship. Enjoy this time. Praise. Praise. Praise God in everything.You will save yourself alot of pain and suffering by taking this big step of going to college. Your life will never be the same. It will be better. You won't regret it.

Southwestern Adventist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.