Laurinburg, NC
St Andrews University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Andrews University

kallista

So far I am finding it to be what I expected. I am part of the equestrian program which is very good here. Equestrian staff is always accessible, even the very high up people. The dorms could use some renovating, especially the bathrooms. Its nice that all classes are on one side of campus and dorms on the other.

Danny

St Andrews university is a small private school and is sports oriented. The class sizes are very small and have and has lots opportunities, for one on one session with teachers. The school is very old and still has chalkboards. The school is in desperate need of upgrades inside and outside the classroom.

Rico

I love the small campus and small class sizes. The people are friendly and personable. They make you feel right at home. The athletic programs is growing and building. It feels good to be a part of a growing process. Everyone wants to be a part of something already established, but this works just fine.

Kashard

St Andrews has a safe and relaxed environment, Very warm faces and friendly.

St Andrews has a safe and relaxed environment, Very warm faces and friendly.

Small campus, everyone knows everything.

Small campus, everyone knows everything.

If I could go back in time to my high school senior self, I'd warn myself that it's a bumpy road ahead. Times are going to be tough, unfair, wrong, demanding, stupid (but there will be some good times). I'd want to prepare myself with a few experiences, and hope that I'd be able to knock some sense into myself, (if not then explain that it will be okay and I will grow and learn from the experience). I'd tell myself to stay true to who I am and not to change for anyone.

Someone who doesn't like the idea of attending a huge university; a person who doesn't mind a small campus.

Amy

I would tell myself to really rethink my views on school and to just get with it and let myself know of all the positive outcomes that could have been accomplished a lot sooner in life than waiting till it became mandatory to have a degree in order to get a decent job and not be the screw up I turned out to be, which makes it very hard to turn your life around but it can be done.

Shannesse

Have you ever wish you can go back time and talk to your yourself as a high school senior? I do. I would go back in tell her to not worry and be free. Life will go as course if you just believe and be positive about life instead of always being negative. In you will have a wonderful fiance at age 21 who would buy you your first car; Your family would be a very big impact on your life. Its not only because you would work hard with five hours in between school and work, Its only because you would be the first in your family to graduate college and be extremely successful. College wouldn't be so scary and difficult at all if you stay focus and on track with your school work. Please stop being shy and make trustworthy friends who you can trust. Do you remember that Math class that you had nightmares about once you started college you will fail is really no big deal. Make sure you do all your homework and projects on time and don't forget to stay focus and wear your glasses because you will need them.

Ahmad Waleed

I always advice to myself that I should be an engineer in construction field to help our poor people and also help myself in future and this faculty is very reasonable for me and I must study hard and I want to study this fcaulty in foriegn country because in our country afghanistan there not good universities and there is not chance for me to go there because I am a poor person and I can't pay much more money and I will wait untill I get a good scholarship but I believe on God that he will help me soon. Thanks Ahmad Waleed Jalali

In high school I was always set on becoming a Veterinarian. As I became older I changed my mind multiple times; so when I graduated I was unsure of where I wanted to go. I attended a community college for a year so I could find myself. Finally, when I visited St. Andrews University I knew it was where I wanted to be. I could pursue my love for horses and art; and be in a comfortable, diverse environment. If I could go back I would tell myself to explore more options rather than focusing on one decision . I don’t feel like I wasted any time at community college, but I wish I would have found St. Andrews earlier while I was in high school. I would also advise myself to become more prepared for college by saving money. Community college was a cheap fall back so I could save money for university. If I would have started saving earlier I could have started my journey earlier. I have no regrets and I believe that things happen for a reason. My choices over the years have walked me into an optimistic future.

I consider my school to be very involved with the student body. There a great deal of hands on experience with your field of study. Since the school is has a small ratio of students, there is a lot more one on one time with your professor. If you went to a larger university you wouldn't have as much opportunity to receive the devotion you need. The small population also gives you more opportunity to make lifelong friends.

The only thing I wish I would have done before attending this school would have been to apply for more scholarships. Since this is a private school there is a larger tuition and I know it is going to be tough to pay back so many student loans. Even though money is limited I know this is where I am supposed to be; and I will fight to stay here as long as I can.

Stacy

They are a variety of people who like a variety of majors and activities.

They are a variety of people who like a variety of majors and activities.

Their equestrian team and therapeutic horsemanship program.

Start early to learn time management. My Mom always told me this and she was right. No matter what your workload, as long as you don't get behind and plan your time properly, you will always have time to finish your work, take a nap and have fun. It's all in the planning process. I tried very hard freshman year to stay on top of assignments and it worked! Thanks Mom!

St Andrews University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.