Clearwater, FL
St Petersburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Petersburg College

Tara

Do not stress out. The transition from high school to college really is not that horrifying as you think. The main thing to focus on is what you would like to accomplish and what you would like to major in. Talk to as many teachers and counselors as possible because they can really help out a lot. The classes are challenging, so be prepared to work hard but it will all be worth it in the end.

Saint Petersburg College is a fantastic school that can help students become what they want to be.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a person that is not motivated. Even though this school is considered a community college, it is now offering 4 year degrees. This school is rapidly becoming a community of hard working students and challenging teachers. Students must be willing to work hard at this school and the hard work will pay off.

malcolm

If i could go back in time, I think I would tell myself to just put in the work more and take more chances. I didn't really learn that if you put work into studying, it'll pay off on test scores. I took a college algebra course and I just wasn't enthusiastic about it at all and I slacked off on homework because i thought i knew the material. When the test was in front of my face, I could barely answer half of the equations confidently. It didn't click in my head to try and practice with the homework assignments until the semester was a little over half way over and the hole that my laziness had dug for me was just to deep to come back from. I'm now re taking the course and am going full force with homework and tutoring on a regular basis. I'm hoping to pass with flying colors and prove to myself that hard work pays off.

The best thing about my school is either the fact that many of my friends also go there so I'm not alone or the fact that the school isn't far from my parents. The school i want to transfer to is 4 hours away and only a few people i know go to it but at SPC that's not the case and it is also something i appreciate.

I wish i had more confidence in high school. I think what I knew was enough, I just needed to take more chances and step up to the plate more. I think i missed out on social learning experiences because I was scared to just go for it. I took the safe route most of the time but i think that if I risked things more often, I would learn more about life overall.

Laura

St. Petersburg college is a community that has recently turned into a 4 year college. This is a wondeful thing they did because it is less expensive and you are allowed to stay there until you have completed your bachelor's degree.

Knowing what i know now about a college student's life and being able to go back in time and give myself valuable information i would have to say i'd tell myself to have found a job alot sooner. College is a big investment, and requires you to have money in your hands at the time of registration. Relying on financial aid to be there for you when you start is a silly thought and it doesn't come till classes have alreayd started. I would have also told myself that i should have done volunteer work and that i should have signed up for the scholarship that was available to me at the time.

The worst thng about my school would be the office. They do not supply you with you any information whether it's important to the students or not. You have to wait for hours to get this information and during that time you probably have seen five different peopl who work in the office.

Save every penny. College is expensive. With the food, living, books, class, and other expenses that come with being in college, how can a college student not be broke? Loans are difficult, financially to figure out a plan to pay it all back. I dreamed of being a doctor and graduate school is even more expensive and I cannot imagine what that will cost. The other advice I would give my previous self would be that making strong connections with people is important. You meet so many new people that you have to work with and can help you in the long run through study groups. If you are very introverted, making friends in college can be difficult. Keeping in touch with high school friends can at least help you to have someone to be able to trust in when college becomes overwhelming and you just need a friend. It is easy to get lost in the confusion of what to do in college. College is a lot easier if you have some idea of a major you want to try out. I would tell myself and anyone to research careers extensively before you graduate. It really makes a difference.

I love the small class sizes. With less people in the class, I can interact with my teacher much easier. My teacher's office hours are not used up as much as if I were at a University because there are not as many students taking up that time. Teachers also have more time to respond to e-mails which is very important when the college has a strong teaching element in technology through a computer system called Angel. Even with asking questions in class, with less adults in class, the teacher has more time to devote to answering questions.

Saint Petersburg College does not only have one campus. It has several. The main campus is not close to my home. That particular campus offers the most variety of classes while the other campuses offer a much fewer. I am going to community college for money reasons and I do not have a ride to and from school. I walk. My particular campus, that I attend, does not offer more than two science classes a semester. To graduate with an AA or an AS, I will need to travel to take the class. It is not ideal because of transportation.

Meagan

the advise i would give me self is that i should have better prepared my self financially and studyed alot more for the SATS so that i could have gotten the bright futures scholorship and that i should have payed more attention to the fact that college life is alot different that high school, its not all fun and games, its alot of time and money and effort, that if your not going to put in the effor t then dont bother with college

that it is close to home and low tuition costs to that i am able to afford to go to school

What is most frustrating is the way class registration is set up.

Derrick

Take more dual enrollment classes as well as re-evaluate the necessity of working a full time job while in school.

Someone who wants to complete a 2 year degree for less and get an education that is just as good as a 4 year.

Anyone can attend this school, it is very flexible for all walks of life.

Meghan

Thinking back to my highschool experiences last year, I would go back and tell myself not to worry so much about what everyone thought, but just to be myself. Everyone always told me how college would be such a dramatic change, but I never believed them. I figured the same kind of people would always be around the rest of my academic life, but I know now how wrong I was. I would've told myself to still work hard in my classes, but to have more fun and find joy in each day. It doesn't matter now what anyone thinks of me. I am who I am and for the most part people like that. I just wish I would've known then what I know now and accessed this "not caring what others think" personality sooner.

Not to sound cliche, which means I'm going to, there is not one bad thing about Saint Petersburg College. I love everything about it. The atmosphere is phenominal and the students and professors are what make it that way. Everyone is polite and respectful to everyone else, and the school even hosts social gatherings for the holidays. It really gets everyone involved. I'm going to be sad when I leave after I'm done with the Early College Program.

A person who is willing to give their all to achieve academic best. A person who not only meets minimal expectations, but also goes above and beyond. Basically, a person who doesn't mind work.

Jeanette

There are alot of options with regards to online classes....many to choose from.

Please study and do your homework. Pay attention in class. Ask alot of questions and get advice from teachers and counselors with regards to colleges and universities. Have yourself tested to find your interests. Stay focused and think about the rewards from a college education. Be responsible and save your money earned from your part time job to be able to afford the applications. Do not let your family convince you that it is a waste of time and money going to college.

The expensive books you pay for and how little you get back when you sell them back.

Michelle

My school is known for having pretty small classes. It is also cheaper than 4 year universities so many tend to go there. Also, St. Petersburg College is know for being more diverse than any other community college in my area.

I would keep telling myself to keep my grades up and do very well because when I get to the college life it will only get harder and temptations will surely increase among my peers. Also to take advantage of education .

St Petersburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.