Clearwater, FL
St Petersburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Petersburg College

Kaylyn

The worst thing is sometime they don't have the classes you need during that semester which can hamper graduating. The teahcers tend to teach by the book for the most part.

Haley

To my younger self, I tell you this: College isn’t that much different from high school. You will have classes you love and classes you hate, and late nights finishing homework you should have done a week ago. But that’s where the similarities end, because college is a choice. You choose to be there, you choose your classes, you choose what you want to learn and who you want to put up with for the year. And it is from this understanding that I bring to you my only advice: learn. Learn as much as you can. College is fun, but not free, so squeeze every drop of knowledge out of it that you can while you’re there. Have a question but think it’s irrelevant? Ask it anyway. Unsure of what path you should take after college? Ask about that, too. The teachers aren’t just there to give you a grade, they want to see you succeed just as much as you do. But most important of all, learn about yourself. Learn what you want to do in life, and don’t waver under indecision just because choosing something else seems easier. Believe in yourself.

Katherine

My school tries to offer the best options for its students.

My school tries to offer the best options for its students.

It cares about the students' successes.

I advise my high school self to not be too hasty in getting a degree. Be hasty in getting stuff done on time, but do not try to cram what seems like 4 years of college in 2 years. It's not good for you and your GPA. Be cautious of people around you and be more organized so you'll be successful in life.

regina

Looking back I would have changed several things. The first being that I would have taken 2 years of a foreign language in HS instead of college. If you think HS Spanish is difficult , try it in college. The second thing that I would have done differently is that I would have applied for more scholarships and grants during my senior year in HS . I can only imagine how many thousands of dollars in student loans I could have saved by doing this over again. The most important thing I would have done differently is that I would NOT have stopped going to school no matter what. I could have completed my AA degree 20 years ago. Going back to school is one of the most important things I can do to better myself today. I also have 3 teenagers and they see just how hard I am working to get my degree and can appreciate my hard work for their behalf. As I grow in my education, my job prospects will get better and I can give my children a better life and provide for their college education.

Some one looking to party. This is not the school for that. Many of the people that attend are people that hold down jobs full time. This is not the campus for kids to hang out in.

Its a smaller school that fits perfect in our area. Its a great school with teachers that really care about you and the classes are perfect sized.

Joshua

Not everyone in the world is out to get you, you know. It pays to hold a bit of reservation, and caution is only natural; however, don't be so withdrawn. There are good people in the world, but if you continually put your head down and plow through everything, you will never get the chance to meet them. By being less reclusive, you learn more and have a better experience on the whole, which is far better than boredly trudging your way through the next two years of your life. Don't forget to take "fun" classes! Taking an entire semester of sciences and maths not only gives you a lot of work, but it dampens your mood and will to succeed as well. By throwing in some interesting classes that you actually want to take, you brighten your outlook and help motivate yourself to succeed in the process. History. Take all of the History you can. People are only able to make progress if they know what NOT to be and do. By neglecting this important part of education, you can do great harm to yourself and to others.

Casey

My classmates are good team players.

My classmates are good team players.

Knowing what I know know about college, if I could go back in high school and give my self advice it would be to practice not procrastinating. It is important in college not to procrastinate. It is also important to learn time management in doing assignments and studying for tests. I would tell myself to develop good studying habits.

You shouldn't attend this school if you don't like doing work.

Andrew

My classmates are very eger to learn and very willing to help. They want to see everyone succed in there course of study.

The advised I would give my High school self would be to study more and select a career path before you start. High school is more important than you think it is. The higher your GPA in high school the more likely you are to get scholarships. You do not want to acquire the student loan debt that your future self is forced to deal with. It is very difficult to do. You will have good times in college, but you must work hard and give it your all. Before you can attend college you must maintain your high school grades and graduate with a high GPA. This will ensure a possibility of Scholarships, which will be life changing.

Christine

We ask many questions about the material; some people may not understand what's being said and most of us aren't afraid to speak our minds.

My high school senior self was technically already a college student through an Early College Program. But going through the hustle and bustle of its processes and learning what college really was, it all took a toll on me. I would definitely tell myself to STUDY, all capitals intended. I didn't really think first year college courses would be that much different from senior honors courses so I often on studied what I did during high school: roughly one hour every night. Boy, was that a slap in the face. While a couple of classes I had to take were in fact quite easy, other classes were on the other end of the spectrum. If only I had studied a bit longer and a bit harder, maybe I wouldn't have to retake the one class I failed. It also didn't help that I was also taking a full course of 15 credits at the time but that was still no excuse for slacking off and catching "Senioritis."

Small class sizes: the instructor is avaliable during their office hours to provide insight to any questions a student may have. The Learning Support Commons is another good alternative if the teacher is unavaliable that have both teachers and students to help in any way they can. The clubs (that vary on each campus) is a great way to meet new people and create new friendships.

Senior year of high school, students still have training wheels on. While high school classes challenge our young minds to think outside of the box and come up with original ideas on our own, teachers still provide students with outlines and worksheets to help guide us on the "correct" path. With the resources our teachers provide us, it becomes easy to fall into a lazy pattern, to simply follow an outline as opposed to thinking on our own and letting our own great ideas flow. It becomes easy to not put 100% effort, originality, and creativity into papers, and our mind is metaphorically in idle. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be creative! To come up with my own ideas and use my brain to its full potential in preparation of what college classes have in store. Because one things for sure, there are definetely no outlines or diagrams to guide papers into a cookie cutter five paragraph intro, body, and conclusion paper with a two-sentence thesis. I would tell myelf to start thinking for myself, go outside my comfort zone, and put my brain in drive.

Doreen

SPC is a great school with phenomenal professors.

SPC is a great school with phenomenal professors.

This was such an easy question for me because I think about it often! Growing up in a large family, for some reason, the girls were not expected or encouraged to go to college. Growing up, I never even considered going to college. My goal, as I was taught, was to get married and have kids. But that mentality is extremely old-fashioned and I believe it significantly hindered my professional and personal life. I was married too young, had no college education whatsoever, and I was totally dependent on my husband. It took about 10 years for me to even imagine that I could go to college, and it took even longer for me to realize that I was smart and capable enough to succeed. If I were a high school senior and could go back in time, I would tell myself that I AM intelligent and I AM capable enough, as much as a man, to go to college and SUCCEED. And that's what I'm trying to do now, in my 30's, but with a family to support at the same time. It would've been much easier 20 years ago!

The kind of person who should attend SPC is someone who is serious about completing their degree, but also has a home and family life that come first.

St Petersburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.