Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

James

My classmates in all of my classes are indescribable.

My classmates in all of my classes are indescribable.

If I was able to have a conversation with myself about college life I would have gave myself tons of tips and advice. I would inform myself about the hassle of getting to school on time. I would explain to myself the frustration of trying to obtain financial aid for education. I would illustrate myself the hard work that I need to put in for school. In addition to telling myself about the hard work to put in I would also tell myself to not let the responsibility of school get me down. I would inform myself that even though the requirements for school can stress anyone out but I would tell myself not to let it bring you down into a depressive state of mind. The most important advice I could give myself because four years of paying for education is something I believe I should enjoy.

There are many things that frustrate me about my school. The most frustrating thing about school for me is paying for it. The finances needed for school is a heavy burden on me. Having to rely on financial aids is my only hope for being able to attend college. Due to the crisis of this economy or recession that the United States is in money has become an object that is hard to earn and keep. In addition to needing money for school I also need money for classes and books.

Zuleyka

As a high school senior there will have been many things I would change like: I wish I would have apply for ton's of scholarship during my senior year; Also would have save money for tuition and fee's . College is expenses, Another tip I would liked to had change was the idea of really researching colleges and speaking to student that are currently attending the school I would be applying for. By reach out to resources such as career counseling and academic advising I would have been well prepare for college. Another transition I wished I would have done is going away for college such as, living in a dorm with roommates; reasons why to learn responsibility, organization, and desire to learn new things. If I would have known this as a high school senior my life would been so different. However I am glad I am in the position I am now in life. Even though I did not have the information as a high school senior but now I have the knowledge as a college student to be successful in life.

The wrost thing about Manatee Community College is the parking lot is to small for so many students and employee. The parking lot should be divied into two one parking lot of employee and the other for students. Benefit of having different parking it save time and there will be more parking spaces for both parties which are students and employee. I feel that teacher and staff have the right to have their own parking spot studnet . As a student we pay high tution and fee's therefore, I believe we have the rights to have our own parking lot.

Melinda

I believe that formerly known as Manatee Community College, now known as State college of Florida is best known for its four year nursing program. Although the scholl is continuously adding new four year degrees.

If I were to be able to go back in time and tell my high school self a bit of advice about college it would be, "You can do it, you need to do it, and you should do it." My advice would be that you can achieve anything that you set out to achieve and that there will only be a few events in your life that will be as life changing. This one experience of college is something that nobody can take away from you and will put you on a path to personal and professional freedon.

The only frustrating thing about my school would be the commute. the time and gas that it takes to get to The Bradenton Campus from the area of Venice.

jessica

If ic could go back in time when i was a senior in highschool, my advise to myself would've been to have payed more attention in class, ask more questions when needed, to study instead of party, to have attended math tutoring to learn more basic math, to not worry about my apperence as much as my work, and to have joined in more school activities rather then none at all. these are all the many things i would've done if i only knew better.

I wish i would have known just how much college was in general.

When i talk about my with my friends i brag most about the classes and the teachers. The teachers their are so friendly, live, and they care. The classes at night are only 1hr long and in that little time i learn so much. I love my school.

Melinda

I did not believe it would ever be possible to go back to school. Now, I wish I had done it much sooner. Delaying your education delays your life. Why in the world would anyone intentionally do that to themselves? I have discovered I am not stupid. I was just ignorant to the possibility of going to school and getting a wellrounded education. The Professors and my classmates are wonderful people who are willing to help you every step of the way. The experience has been exciting and nerve racking but in a good way. I am looking forward to the next step in completing my education.

Computer issues make online school difficult but they are manageable.

It really doesn't matter. Everyone is entitled to an education it is your choice where you go and what you do.

anthony

my school is unique because now it is a four year college while before it was only a community college so that means more oppertunity for me

i have gotten so much out of my college experience such as learning not to be afraid of meeting new people or trying new things, my school has really made a huge impact on my life as far as building life skills and everyday problems. the teachers are great and they really care about getting your moneys worth so if there is extra help or one on one time that i need they make sure i get the little boost that i need to help me along my way!

the type of person should attend this school should be someone who is hard working but needs school to work around there life style

Jamie

I think I have gotten a lot out of my college experiance thus far. I've learned many thing from my first year including just to believe in myself and to just work hard. Good grades aren't just given there achieved through hard work and lots of studying. I'm excited to embark on the rest of my college journey and learn more and more about my myself and the things I can achieve.

Debra

I went to college a few years after graduating from high school. Although I loved the classroom experience and the diversity of students, I have had to continue working while trying to advance my degree. This has been a lengthy process and the opportunity to learn via a college atmosphere , even though invaluable has at times been impossible. I continue to advance my degree by on-line studies. The college experience has enabled me to study on my own, with the availability of on-line forums to discuss challenges and discuss and resolve problems that the learner faces, similar to the college classroom. College is a wonderful way to experience responsibility, independence, and the ability to focus on a particular area of study while learning from different educators and diverse teaching styles.

I have gained many things from attending college. The most important of those is knowledge. Many of the science classes I have taken apply to day to day experiences. Anatomy and Physiology taught me a lot about my body and how it works and I am able to use that information to know that the carb diet is not healthy and that you cannot get collagin into your skin with a cream, as well as many other thing. Psychology has taught me so much about how people think and why. Some of the many other reasons I have benifited from college are self confidence, respect from others, time management skills, and friendships. One other important factor is that my children watch me as I study and they are learning the importance of college from my example. I read my text books to them and sometimes the read them to me. They see how hard I work to get good grades and proud I am of my successes. One of my boys is already in the gifted and talented program and I like to believe that watching me has shown him the importance of school.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.