Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Melinda

I did not believe it would ever be possible to go back to school. Now, I wish I had done it much sooner. Delaying your education delays your life. Why in the world would anyone intentionally do that to themselves? I have discovered I am not stupid. I was just ignorant to the possibility of going to school and getting a wellrounded education. The Professors and my classmates are wonderful people who are willing to help you every step of the way. The experience has been exciting and nerve racking but in a good way. I am looking forward to the next step in completing my education.

Computer issues make online school difficult but they are manageable.

It really doesn't matter. Everyone is entitled to an education it is your choice where you go and what you do.

anthony

my school is unique because now it is a four year college while before it was only a community college so that means more oppertunity for me

i have gotten so much out of my college experience such as learning not to be afraid of meeting new people or trying new things, my school has really made a huge impact on my life as far as building life skills and everyday problems. the teachers are great and they really care about getting your moneys worth so if there is extra help or one on one time that i need they make sure i get the little boost that i need to help me along my way!

the type of person should attend this school should be someone who is hard working but needs school to work around there life style

Jamie

I think I have gotten a lot out of my college experiance thus far. I've learned many thing from my first year including just to believe in myself and to just work hard. Good grades aren't just given there achieved through hard work and lots of studying. I'm excited to embark on the rest of my college journey and learn more and more about my myself and the things I can achieve.

Debra

I went to college a few years after graduating from high school. Although I loved the classroom experience and the diversity of students, I have had to continue working while trying to advance my degree. This has been a lengthy process and the opportunity to learn via a college atmosphere , even though invaluable has at times been impossible. I continue to advance my degree by on-line studies. The college experience has enabled me to study on my own, with the availability of on-line forums to discuss challenges and discuss and resolve problems that the learner faces, similar to the college classroom. College is a wonderful way to experience responsibility, independence, and the ability to focus on a particular area of study while learning from different educators and diverse teaching styles.

I have gained many things from attending college. The most important of those is knowledge. Many of the science classes I have taken apply to day to day experiences. Anatomy and Physiology taught me a lot about my body and how it works and I am able to use that information to know that the carb diet is not healthy and that you cannot get collagin into your skin with a cream, as well as many other thing. Psychology has taught me so much about how people think and why. Some of the many other reasons I have benifited from college are self confidence, respect from others, time management skills, and friendships. One other important factor is that my children watch me as I study and they are learning the importance of college from my example. I read my text books to them and sometimes the read them to me. They see how hard I work to get good grades and proud I am of my successes. One of my boys is already in the gifted and talented program and I like to believe that watching me has shown him the importance of school.

melanie

ive learned alot in so little time! from how to use my time wisely for studying and doing homework as well. the people at the campus are focused on helping you in any way that they can.

i wish i would have know what a arc was. also how the buildings were set up.

the cafeteria is really nice. and i love the outdor campus alot.

Angela

My school is best known for its two year degrees, but now they have converted to a four year degree school, which has brought alot more students to teh school. The two year degrees make easy for to get an education and get into the work field quick with an education.

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school I would tell myself the truth about getting a higher education. A higher education is so much easier to get when you are younger and without children . You can focus alot better without children interfering with your study time and you can take on more classes to get done quicker. the best advice I would give myself is DON"T GIVE UP! Education is a gift that no one can take away from you. The more education you have the stronger you are in the work force. But for some reason if you can not go when you leave high school it is never too late to go and get a higher education.

The best thing about my school is that the hours and days of the classes are very convient for me. The class sizes are not too large which makes it nice to have one one with the proffesors. They offer online classes as well that make it very convient for someone who does not have transportation.

Shelby

In high school I was a bit of a slacker and I believed college wouldn't be as difficult as adults and teachers made us picture it. Oh was I wrong. College is a complete different ball game from high school. In high school there are teachers pushing you to complete your work and to show up to class. In college that differs, yes college teachers do care about whether the homework is being done and what the attendance situations are but college teachers don't push you to do anything. This is all the responsibility of the student.

I think my school is meant for everyone. It is not a major financal burden as other colleges can be. They also have a wonderful tutoring center I feel is a great contribution to other students. I know me personally I am in the tutor center quite often.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not the classes or anything academic wise. Other students and myself find parking completely rediculious. Driving up and down rows of a parking lot for 10 minutes or more gets quite frustrating and irritating and it somtimes causes you to be late to class.

Joseph

Oh to go back in time knowing what I know now! If only I could! If I could I would give myself advice to stay focused, get organized and most of all delay gratification because everything comes around in good time. Staying focused is key and making sure to not get derailed from my studies with distractions and peer pressures. I would tell myself to get and stay organized; use file folders, notebooks and calendars so I am never late with an assigment and don't lose important papers and notes. And of course I would remind myself to set goals and not let anything get in my way of making those goals. To do my work first and reward myself for my work with play; that is what I mean by delaying gratification. It might be fun now to play first but the work will still be there and will be harder if left to do later. Stay focused on your studies with a sense of purpose is what I would tell myself and keep that positive self esteem in focus too and the world is your oyster!

The type of person who should attend this school is one who has a love for learning and a sense of adventure! There are wonderful teachers at this school who really bring out the best in the students and they can even instill a love of learning in the most disinterested student. There are many clubs and activities to involve students and keep them interested and inspired.

I can't think of anyone who SHOULDN'T attend this school! This school has so much to offer it would be a shame not to recommend it to someone!

ALLISON

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a senior in highschool about college I would definitely inform myself of the challenges you will be facing. I would tell myself to be prepared for the work load and to work hard for good grades because in end my career will depend on this. I would tell myself to be prepared and ready for a work load that will require alot of studying and research. I would also tell myself to present myself to professor in a professional manner by showing up to class on time and completing assignments on time as required by my professor. I would also tell myself to be prepared to face the fact that you are surrounded by people from different ethnic background, from different walks of life and people who will have an opinion that you need to respect because here in highschool people are restricted from expressing themselves and their opinions about certain issues that affect us as americans today and years ago.

I consider the best thing about my school is that is a small campus. I like that is it a small school because I have more interaction with teachers and tutors if I need it. If I was at big university I know I wouldn't get the same advantages as I get at this school I am attending. I also like that I have many resources to help with assignments.

When I brag to friends about my school I tell them about how I get more interaction with my teacher because of the small class sizes. I feel a smaller class size for no more than 30 students is better than a class with 300 or more students. I brag to them about the assistant and help you can get to complete papers, research projects, math assignments and more.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.