DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Chelsie

A competative academic body who is able to interact and form relations with community members by the act of volunteerism.

Don't be afraid, College is not as scary as it sounds. Think of college as some of the best times of your life. You will get the chance to learn in different environments, be exposed to new cultures and grow as a person. You will have the ability to choose what you want to learn and will be able to learn more about yourself. Also, don't stress about moving, finding time to study or doing laundry. All of these tasks will prove to be feasible and will only help you become a well refined person ready to enter the world.

A student at Stetson University should have interests in academic achievement, research and community involvment. Students are encouraged to become active members of the community and to volunteer on a regular basis. Emphasis is placed upon academics and research; high expectations are placed upon each student and their performance in class.

They are very interesting people in their own, respective ways.

They are very interesting people in their own, respective ways.

"Hey me! When you get into Stetson later this year, remember to say something along the lines of 'I am the worlds biggest geek' when you get into the dorm. It really went over well and helped you... well... me... to make lots of good friends. Oh, and don't forget to just enjoy the day-to-day life. See ya'!"

The atmoshpere created by the University is the best I have ever been around. I tell my friends that it is a place to connect socially and intellectually with others on equal ground. Living on campus has to have been the best year of my life and I, many times, have expressed a desire to return before the summer ends for that reason.

Joseph

Stetson provided me with teachers who will do their best to not help you when you were stuggling in a certain subject but also helped give me the strength to push through when my work load got to big. The staff at Stetson is commited to helping their student where ever they can, whether it be from stress to having trouble in the class room.

Don't be afraid but dont be too confident. Truely expect a hard road with lots of work and sacrifices socially to pave your road to success. Even though you feel that college will be your chance to break from the shell you've made over the years your main focus needs to be ur education. don't let urself fall into deep dispair and freak out when ur class work builds and be proactive. Do your assignments as soon as possible and don't wait untill the last minute, for that has been the downfall for more than one student. Stay strong and be confindent. Work hard and remember that you can do because your purpose has a meaning. You worked so hard to get as far as you did so dont give up and slack off now thinking your in the clear. keep pushing forward for your better future.

I believe the type of person that should attend this school is someone who really wants to better themselves and create an opprotunity for a better life for themselves. I believe that for a person to attend Stetson they must be hard working, comitted, and willing to make the neccessary sacrifices to better themselves for the future.

Cariss

I feel very strongly that I would give myself the advice to have courage. It is easy to lose track of where you are going and what you are meant to do in this life when times get tough and life throws you a curve ball. I am so glad that I am currently pursuing my passion for cooking. I am a career changer and making the decision to attend culinary school was the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. I don't think I could have forseen the joy that this path would bring me, now and in the future.

Ashlen

The advice I would give myself is this: I would tell myself that it is not the end of the world to have a tough time in a class, and that you can't procrastinate because it just makes it worse. Your professors actually do care about you, no matter what you may think. Your professors, and your fellow students, actually do care about you as a person, and if you pour your heart and soul into your work, you will succeed. Don't stress the small stuff, it ends up being small stuff in the end. Take it one day, and one semester at a time, and don't be afraid to go talk to your professors if you need help. They are there because they care about the subject and they care about their students. And if you try your hardest to always turn in your best work, you will do fine, and grow as an individual in ways you never would have thought possible.

If you are a slacker, then Stetson University is definitely NOT the place for you. Especially the History Department. The professors expect your absolute best, and they push you until you perform at your best. If you can't handle the pressure, or aren't willing to put yourself out there and work harder than you ever have before, Stetson is not the place for you.

I brag about the professors all the time. I love the history professors especially, but I have yet to meet a professor at Stetson that I haven't liked. They care about their students and if you are willing to work and learn, they are thrilled to help you along the path of your education.

Amber

Stetson offers an abundance of knowledge to be shared. There is so much to learn, and that is why students are encouraged and pressed to do their very best work. This school pushes students hard, and it really pays off. Stetson students are known for being astute because of thier dilligence and work ethics.

Confidence. Every time I make an appeal to a prospective college student or ask myself this question I always come up with this word. I believe high school offers a unique experience, where self assurance is built and students really get to know themselves. As a high school senior I knew I wanted to be a teacher. In fact, I knew since I was in elementary school myself. Then, however, it was easier to beat myself up when I didn’t score perfectly on exams I studied hard for. Now that I can clearly see the benefit of my natural drive to do my best, I would regress two years and give myself surety of my success to come. I surprise myself all the time; It’s incredible how much I’m capable of and how hard I work. With the help of my professors I'm already closer to fulfilling my dream than I ever I thought I’d be. I love working with children; I've been volunteering at local schools and have even landed a teaching apprenticeship. Confidence, although it was acquired over time for me, is what motivated and still motivates me to expand my limits.

Stetson University has been known as a prestigious school for a long time, and it deserses that title. The teachers really are amazing, and it's almost insane how much they know about thier subjects. They honestly do care about their students and even put in their unpaid time to help them out. It's such a friendly place to learn so much. I love it here.

Zachary

It's a small, intimate school that cares about you, has lots of resources...but they're expensive.

We are a very diverse family.

You NEED to get organized! Make a schedule, make a budget, and find the motivation you need to spent four more years of your life in an expensive school while working two to three other jobs. Also, don't go with management...pick marketing :)

Karif

Going back in time and the advice that I would give to my high school self are few simple things. 1) Become more organized not only in my learning but how I organize my work in folders etc. 2) Take dual-enrollment classes so to give myself the advantage of having a step up in my college status. 3) Develop better study habits, in high school where I could cram the night before and ace every test, in college that is not at all possible. In college having structured study habit can take you a long way. Study groups and doing well-informed study guide are very instrumental for success within college. Last and most important I would tell my past self being lazy and lackluster is bad. In high school where you can switch often once in a while and still be average, in college that is certain not possible. In college you must stay upon your game at all times, submit all your work on time because in college the professors aren't there to baby you but to produce successful citizens of society. In simple terms don't be average strive to become extraordinary.

Stetson is a very diverse prestigious institution, where success, hard work and determination can get you a long way. There are a lot of individual who can triumph at Stetson, those who plan on becoming doctors, scientist etc but there others who wouldn’t be able to with stand the sustenance that Stetson expects. Individual who aren’t organize, lazy and anyone who think College was just a party place doesn’t belong nowhere close to Stetson and would find that out immediately. So if you plan to go to Stetson plan on working hard.

The most frustrating thing about Stetson University is the lack school participation and school spirit. For Stetson being such a small university with about 2500 kids it lacks togetherness and unification. Stetson has a large amount of school based activities like soccer, volleyball games etc and also Friday night socials like dances, game night etc that aren’t well supported by the students. The sport participants would sometimes like to see a crowd screaming they names and giving them the belief that they got love and support behind of them. Stetson serious needs to increase school participation.

Krystal

More fun than you ever thought you could have studying and having a cookie party.

My school is must known for being stone-cold sober and incredibly hard.

Dear High Schooler Me, I know you want to take as many credits as you can your first semester: don't. Life is hard enough without eighteen credit hours of Chemistry, Calculus, Italian, and so on. Here's another idea: don't plan to major in Biochemistry. Why don't you take Intro to Linguistics instead? Trust me, you'll love it. Spend more time reading the text books, they actually work, and study hard. The first year is always the hardest. Stay strong little me. Keep at it.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.