DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

George

Stetson University is a school that prides itself on the individuality of its students and gives them support to succeed in today's society and to be upstanding citizens.

My classmates are hardworking and talented individuals who are some of the best undergraduate music students in the country.

Julie

I would tell my self how important your education is and to study, work hard. I have been in the work force 25 plus years now, but last year had just been laid off from a job that I thought I could retire from. Now I find myself starting over with no degree I see how important it is to have. I am so proud of myself for going back to school after all this time and focusing on a new profession in the Medical BIlling & Codeing. I hope to achieve this on two years. It has been difficult with only one paycheck from my husband but with school and bills it has been a real struggle. So now being older I am not giving up, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and am looking forward to the next chapter of my life. You just have to stay positive and hope everythings works out.

Feryal

Self motivated, artisitic, and full of life.

Self motivated, artisitic, and full of life.

Stetson University is a very welcoming and nurturing University. It is perfect for students who want that one on one attention with their teachers and that want to be in a small environment while studying. The party and night life is almost non existent in the area and is perfect for students who are focussed on studying and gaining a successfull education.

To all highschoolers out there...College is a very important step in life! It is a time where you get to meet people that have similar interests as you do. It is great for networking. It is a great place to meet you future spouse, as you both would have the same level of education which will help on the long run into your marriage. It is also a great time to get to know yourself and get involved in various activities. It has trly been the best years of my life thus far, and it would be a shame for any highschooler to miss out on such an extraordinary experience. To all prospective college students, do not let financial reasons get in the way of your University education. There are many scholarships available to you. You just have to put the time and effort! Remember you are the writers of your life. You have onone to blame but yourself for any path you choose and that is a great part of life to experience! Independence! So, make sure you get your GPA up to standard and study well! Good luck!

Chelsie

A competative academic body who is able to interact and form relations with community members by the act of volunteerism.

Don't be afraid, College is not as scary as it sounds. Think of college as some of the best times of your life. You will get the chance to learn in different environments, be exposed to new cultures and grow as a person. You will have the ability to choose what you want to learn and will be able to learn more about yourself. Also, don't stress about moving, finding time to study or doing laundry. All of these tasks will prove to be feasible and will only help you become a well refined person ready to enter the world.

A student at Stetson University should have interests in academic achievement, research and community involvment. Students are encouraged to become active members of the community and to volunteer on a regular basis. Emphasis is placed upon academics and research; high expectations are placed upon each student and their performance in class.

They are very interesting people in their own, respective ways.

They are very interesting people in their own, respective ways.

"Hey me! When you get into Stetson later this year, remember to say something along the lines of 'I am the worlds biggest geek' when you get into the dorm. It really went over well and helped you... well... me... to make lots of good friends. Oh, and don't forget to just enjoy the day-to-day life. See ya'!"

The atmoshpere created by the University is the best I have ever been around. I tell my friends that it is a place to connect socially and intellectually with others on equal ground. Living on campus has to have been the best year of my life and I, many times, have expressed a desire to return before the summer ends for that reason.

Joseph

Stetson provided me with teachers who will do their best to not help you when you were stuggling in a certain subject but also helped give me the strength to push through when my work load got to big. The staff at Stetson is commited to helping their student where ever they can, whether it be from stress to having trouble in the class room.

Don't be afraid but dont be too confident. Truely expect a hard road with lots of work and sacrifices socially to pave your road to success. Even though you feel that college will be your chance to break from the shell you've made over the years your main focus needs to be ur education. don't let urself fall into deep dispair and freak out when ur class work builds and be proactive. Do your assignments as soon as possible and don't wait untill the last minute, for that has been the downfall for more than one student. Stay strong and be confindent. Work hard and remember that you can do because your purpose has a meaning. You worked so hard to get as far as you did so dont give up and slack off now thinking your in the clear. keep pushing forward for your better future.

I believe the type of person that should attend this school is someone who really wants to better themselves and create an opprotunity for a better life for themselves. I believe that for a person to attend Stetson they must be hard working, comitted, and willing to make the neccessary sacrifices to better themselves for the future.

Cariss

I feel very strongly that I would give myself the advice to have courage. It is easy to lose track of where you are going and what you are meant to do in this life when times get tough and life throws you a curve ball. I am so glad that I am currently pursuing my passion for cooking. I am a career changer and making the decision to attend culinary school was the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. I don't think I could have forseen the joy that this path would bring me, now and in the future.

Ashlen

The advice I would give myself is this: I would tell myself that it is not the end of the world to have a tough time in a class, and that you can't procrastinate because it just makes it worse. Your professors actually do care about you, no matter what you may think. Your professors, and your fellow students, actually do care about you as a person, and if you pour your heart and soul into your work, you will succeed. Don't stress the small stuff, it ends up being small stuff in the end. Take it one day, and one semester at a time, and don't be afraid to go talk to your professors if you need help. They are there because they care about the subject and they care about their students. And if you try your hardest to always turn in your best work, you will do fine, and grow as an individual in ways you never would have thought possible.

If you are a slacker, then Stetson University is definitely NOT the place for you. Especially the History Department. The professors expect your absolute best, and they push you until you perform at your best. If you can't handle the pressure, or aren't willing to put yourself out there and work harder than you ever have before, Stetson is not the place for you.

I brag about the professors all the time. I love the history professors especially, but I have yet to meet a professor at Stetson that I haven't liked. They care about their students and if you are willing to work and learn, they are thrilled to help you along the path of your education.

Amber

Stetson offers an abundance of knowledge to be shared. There is so much to learn, and that is why students are encouraged and pressed to do their very best work. This school pushes students hard, and it really pays off. Stetson students are known for being astute because of thier dilligence and work ethics.

Confidence. Every time I make an appeal to a prospective college student or ask myself this question I always come up with this word. I believe high school offers a unique experience, where self assurance is built and students really get to know themselves. As a high school senior I knew I wanted to be a teacher. In fact, I knew since I was in elementary school myself. Then, however, it was easier to beat myself up when I didn’t score perfectly on exams I studied hard for. Now that I can clearly see the benefit of my natural drive to do my best, I would regress two years and give myself surety of my success to come. I surprise myself all the time; It’s incredible how much I’m capable of and how hard I work. With the help of my professors I'm already closer to fulfilling my dream than I ever I thought I’d be. I love working with children; I've been volunteering at local schools and have even landed a teaching apprenticeship. Confidence, although it was acquired over time for me, is what motivated and still motivates me to expand my limits.

Stetson University has been known as a prestigious school for a long time, and it deserses that title. The teachers really are amazing, and it's almost insane how much they know about thier subjects. They honestly do care about their students and even put in their unpaid time to help them out. It's such a friendly place to learn so much. I love it here.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.