DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Diamante

Dear Diamante, I know you may seem confused on whats next but take it easy youl make. Two years from now youl get accepted to oregon even though they denied you the first time. Keep your competitive spirt hard work and drive to be the best stay postive its going to be alright . Your bright kid everyone will see it some day. Dream reality, life is what you make it this is only step one.

waylan

i would let myself know that now is the time to make anything happen that i wanted and that i should not wait.

i havent acutally started yet, not tilll fall of 2011, however the reason i am going there is due to the centeredness around the arts, and on top of that it is located in a beautiful town and the campus is amazing.

Saad

I would make myself as strong of an individual as I am today, and overcome all the personal struggles I went through that caused my grades to fall terribly, which made all the colleges I applied to decline me. I very do wish that I could go back in time. Life would be much easier if only had the strength then, that I have now. However, there is a flip-side to this, because I believe the strength I have now is directly because of who I was in highschool, and all the negative results of not getting into a good college is what spurred me on into becoming who I am today. So, to be clear, I do not really know whether I would want to change anything. Everything in life shapes who a person is, and I am happy with who I am.

Meleisa

Looking back on what I know now versus my senior year of high school, if I could give my past self advice that would improve my future at the university level, it would be to always stay focused and determined and always study and work hard but do not over do it. It's good to have free-time to socialize and have fun. Though, you must always remember that there is a time and a place for play-time. Keep in mind your over-all goals! School comes first! And finally, live and be as and who you are because people like you better that way. Remember to smile!

One should attend Stetson University if you are looking for a small close-knit yet very diverse campus life. To attend Stetson, one should be very focused and determined, friendly and out-going. One should also excell academically. Be a people person!!!!!!

Honestly, all I have to say is that I go to Stetson University and people marvel over just that alone. But if I were to brag about Stetson I would say that it is a family school. As in everyone for the most part knows, has seen, or has a class or activity with another person on campus. So you can get very familiar with your surrounding environment and therefore become comfortable. Its a wonderful school to meet people and make friends for life.

Natalie

Stetson is best known for its small town atmosphere and being the first private university in the state of Florida. It is also known for its college of law which is located in Gulfport, Florida, whose trial advocacy team is ranked number 1 in the country.

I have gotten a lot out of my first semester in college and it has only been one semester. Mostly I have learned that challenge is a good thing,because it shows you that you can things that at the beginning you thought would be impossible. Experiencing challenges is valuable for all aspects of life, because you are going to experience adveristy and challenges everywhere and learning how to deal wuth those things in college saves us the trouble of learning them later when it will be too late.

The best about Stetson is the small class sizes and the oppurtunity to work closely with you professors as an undergraduate. At Stetson you are not just a number on a roll call sheet; your professor knows you by name and they are always willing to help any students who may be struggling with the course load.

Katie

I have been able to find a freedom from my abusive home life. School is my key to a new life for myself and my younger brother. College also has made me more aware of the world. I have also had the pleasure of meeting many professors who are true altruistic people. The experience is worth all of the stuggles.

I wish that I had known that I would run into a financial wall, and also I wish that I would have known that it will be hard to leave all of my friends that I have made at Stetson, due to having insuficient funds.

Stetson University increases tuition every year, and I believe that the most frustrating thing is seeing all the students who do not depend on financial aid. They rarely, truly appreciate their education at Stetson. I have to struggle to find an additional 3000 dollars each year, while other students can't even fathom what it is like to have to worry about how to pay.

My classmates are individuals who express there thoughts very well.

My classmates are individuals who express there thoughts very well.

Coming to college was a very difficult transformation. I grew up in the Virgin Is;lands and moving to Florida, where my immediate family did not live was extremly difficult for me. The first couple of month my freshman year was not to exciting. I really missed my home and family. Although I had those difficulties I knew that I was getting a great education and that I needed to stay here to be successful later in life. I have learned so much for all my classes and from relationships with teachers and other students. I have also become a more responsible and mature adult.

A person that is comfortable in bigger classrooms settigns should not attend this school.

Maya

I picked Stetson because it's so small that I really feel a sense of community. I love the class size and there are so many options and things to do!

I'm a freshman in her second semester and already I've learned so much about myself. I'd never taken a physics class before and now it's my major. I learned exactly how to get along with people, but possibly the most valuable thing I've gotten out of my college experience is the ability to know myself. I'm learning my limits and boundaries step by step and it is because I feel safe enough at my school to break out of my comfort zone. Stetson has allowed me to really begin finding myself and I look forward to the rest of the journey.

I brag about the size of my room (seriously, it's huge) and the number of things I can do here. I also like telling people how quickly I met my friends and how easy it was.

carly

My classmates are pretty intelligent for the most part, as there are always a few questionable characters, but I enjoy the majority of them and like the variating insight they all provide.

We have an oustanding business school as well as an exemplemary political science department, the school of music is also very well known and highly accredited.

I am now a sophmore for the 2010/2011 school year, and I have to say I love Stetson very much. The campus is beautiful, the students are wonderful, and I couldn't ask for a better or more understanding staff. The small class sizes have allowed me to gain a personal relationship with a few of my professors and I learn far more than I could on my own. The small campus is easily navigated and promotes a sense of community.

Sterling

I am in my second year at Stetson University. I have learned independance and how to stand on my own to feet. I was very dependant on my mom. I have learned to make decisions, life skills and time management. I really needed assistance in writting and educational planning which I have made enormus progress at Stetson. I would love to stay at Stetson and continue to grow but without the help of additional financial aid I may not have that opportunity.

My school is a small family enviorment, everyone knows and watches out for each other. We have small classes and the professers are always there to help. You are a person and individual not a number or a last name. And guess what? The foods good also.

Someone who is looking for a large school. With thousands of students. Though we do have alot of fun it is not just one big party.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.