DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Zachary

It's a small, intimate school that cares about you, has lots of resources...but they're expensive.

We are a very diverse family.

You NEED to get organized! Make a schedule, make a budget, and find the motivation you need to spent four more years of your life in an expensive school while working two to three other jobs. Also, don't go with management...pick marketing :)

Karif

Going back in time and the advice that I would give to my high school self are few simple things. 1) Become more organized not only in my learning but how I organize my work in folders etc. 2) Take dual-enrollment classes so to give myself the advantage of having a step up in my college status. 3) Develop better study habits, in high school where I could cram the night before and ace every test, in college that is not at all possible. In college having structured study habit can take you a long way. Study groups and doing well-informed study guide are very instrumental for success within college. Last and most important I would tell my past self being lazy and lackluster is bad. In high school where you can switch often once in a while and still be average, in college that is certain not possible. In college you must stay upon your game at all times, submit all your work on time because in college the professors aren't there to baby you but to produce successful citizens of society. In simple terms don't be average strive to become extraordinary.

Stetson is a very diverse prestigious institution, where success, hard work and determination can get you a long way. There are a lot of individual who can triumph at Stetson, those who plan on becoming doctors, scientist etc but there others who wouldn’t be able to with stand the sustenance that Stetson expects. Individual who aren’t organize, lazy and anyone who think College was just a party place doesn’t belong nowhere close to Stetson and would find that out immediately. So if you plan to go to Stetson plan on working hard.

The most frustrating thing about Stetson University is the lack school participation and school spirit. For Stetson being such a small university with about 2500 kids it lacks togetherness and unification. Stetson has a large amount of school based activities like soccer, volleyball games etc and also Friday night socials like dances, game night etc that aren’t well supported by the students. The sport participants would sometimes like to see a crowd screaming they names and giving them the belief that they got love and support behind of them. Stetson serious needs to increase school participation.

Krystal

More fun than you ever thought you could have studying and having a cookie party.

My school is must known for being stone-cold sober and incredibly hard.

Dear High Schooler Me, I know you want to take as many credits as you can your first semester: don't. Life is hard enough without eighteen credit hours of Chemistry, Calculus, Italian, and so on. Here's another idea: don't plan to major in Biochemistry. Why don't you take Intro to Linguistics instead? Trust me, you'll love it. Spend more time reading the text books, they actually work, and study hard. The first year is always the hardest. Stay strong little me. Keep at it.

Diamante

Dear Diamante, I know you may seem confused on whats next but take it easy youl make. Two years from now youl get accepted to oregon even though they denied you the first time. Keep your competitive spirt hard work and drive to be the best stay postive its going to be alright . Your bright kid everyone will see it some day. Dream reality, life is what you make it this is only step one.

waylan

i would let myself know that now is the time to make anything happen that i wanted and that i should not wait.

i havent acutally started yet, not tilll fall of 2011, however the reason i am going there is due to the centeredness around the arts, and on top of that it is located in a beautiful town and the campus is amazing.

Saad

I would make myself as strong of an individual as I am today, and overcome all the personal struggles I went through that caused my grades to fall terribly, which made all the colleges I applied to decline me. I very do wish that I could go back in time. Life would be much easier if only had the strength then, that I have now. However, there is a flip-side to this, because I believe the strength I have now is directly because of who I was in highschool, and all the negative results of not getting into a good college is what spurred me on into becoming who I am today. So, to be clear, I do not really know whether I would want to change anything. Everything in life shapes who a person is, and I am happy with who I am.

Meleisa

Looking back on what I know now versus my senior year of high school, if I could give my past self advice that would improve my future at the university level, it would be to always stay focused and determined and always study and work hard but do not over do it. It's good to have free-time to socialize and have fun. Though, you must always remember that there is a time and a place for play-time. Keep in mind your over-all goals! School comes first! And finally, live and be as and who you are because people like you better that way. Remember to smile!

One should attend Stetson University if you are looking for a small close-knit yet very diverse campus life. To attend Stetson, one should be very focused and determined, friendly and out-going. One should also excell academically. Be a people person!!!!!!

Honestly, all I have to say is that I go to Stetson University and people marvel over just that alone. But if I were to brag about Stetson I would say that it is a family school. As in everyone for the most part knows, has seen, or has a class or activity with another person on campus. So you can get very familiar with your surrounding environment and therefore become comfortable. Its a wonderful school to meet people and make friends for life.

Natalie

Stetson is best known for its small town atmosphere and being the first private university in the state of Florida. It is also known for its college of law which is located in Gulfport, Florida, whose trial advocacy team is ranked number 1 in the country.

I have gotten a lot out of my first semester in college and it has only been one semester. Mostly I have learned that challenge is a good thing,because it shows you that you can things that at the beginning you thought would be impossible. Experiencing challenges is valuable for all aspects of life, because you are going to experience adveristy and challenges everywhere and learning how to deal wuth those things in college saves us the trouble of learning them later when it will be too late.

The best about Stetson is the small class sizes and the oppurtunity to work closely with you professors as an undergraduate. At Stetson you are not just a number on a roll call sheet; your professor knows you by name and they are always willing to help any students who may be struggling with the course load.

Katie

I have been able to find a freedom from my abusive home life. School is my key to a new life for myself and my younger brother. College also has made me more aware of the world. I have also had the pleasure of meeting many professors who are true altruistic people. The experience is worth all of the stuggles.

I wish that I had known that I would run into a financial wall, and also I wish that I would have known that it will be hard to leave all of my friends that I have made at Stetson, due to having insuficient funds.

Stetson University increases tuition every year, and I believe that the most frustrating thing is seeing all the students who do not depend on financial aid. They rarely, truly appreciate their education at Stetson. I have to struggle to find an additional 3000 dollars each year, while other students can't even fathom what it is like to have to worry about how to pay.

My classmates are individuals who express there thoughts very well.

My classmates are individuals who express there thoughts very well.

Coming to college was a very difficult transformation. I grew up in the Virgin Is;lands and moving to Florida, where my immediate family did not live was extremly difficult for me. The first couple of month my freshman year was not to exciting. I really missed my home and family. Although I had those difficulties I knew that I was getting a great education and that I needed to stay here to be successful later in life. I have learned so much for all my classes and from relationships with teachers and other students. I have also become a more responsible and mature adult.

A person that is comfortable in bigger classrooms settigns should not attend this school.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.