DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Mary

I like the small classes and access to the professors.

I like the small classes and access to the professors.

I would tell myself to stick with the hard classes. The Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment courses you take in high school will be a great benefit in preparing you for college courses as well as providing flexibility in classes you will be required to take. Every advanced class you take now has the potential to remove a basic required class and allow you to move into the meatier college classes sooner. Keep your nose to the grindstone to earn those college scholarships which make going to the school of your choice a reality. Stay active in sports and community service so you are well rounded and a leader in your school. the academic excellence combined with the activites will make a difference in your options.

The worse thing about my school is that is in in a small town. There aren't really any jobs available for college students unless you previously worked for some chain of stores with a location here.

Roseanne

My classmates, are very helpful, intelligent, and supportive of each other.

My classmates, are very helpful, intelligent, and supportive of each other.

if i was able to go back to high school , the only advice i could possibly give myself is to learn to manage time more efficiently.

The most frustrating thing about my school , is two things actually.I am very frustrated with the disorganization of the financial aid office , and how i receive notifications of payments after due dates have been passes.I am also very frustrated with the fact that teachers save all the due dates for the last week of school.

Paola

My school is academically competitive, culturally diverse, and well recognized.

My school is academically competitive, culturally diverse, and well recognized.

The best advice I can give to myself would be to financially plan, give yourself many options, make sure that your carreer is something that you really enjoy doing, and don't rush into a decision if you're not sure. In order to make this transition I think that's the best advice I can give to myself and anyone, because by making sure to follow, and listen to those four points as a high school senior someone can make a good decision abou college.

A person that shouldn't attend Stetson University would be someone that is not dedicated, and not a good student. Some other characteristics are a person that doen'st like to read, get involved, and have a challenge. Lastly, someone that doesn't to meet people from different places, and learn from different cultures shouldn't attend this school.

Robin

It just had an intimate, at home feel to it.

It just had an intimate, at home feel to it.

Go to Stetson University. You will really enjoy going there, and will get an amazing education. It is situated in this adorable town that has art festivals, dog parades, and a farmers market on Sundays. But start saving your money now, because college is expensive! Just be yourself, because like minded individuals always seem to attract one another, and it will be easy to make friends, and find people you have things in common with. Avoid all boys! They are a distraction, and very immature in their college years.

The beauty of the campus, really awesome intelligent professors, and small class sizes (usually 12-15 students).

Lyndsy

My classmates are accepting.

I would advise myself to take the classes seriously and learn how to study before getting to college. School always came extremely easy for me so I assumed that college would be no different. I would tell myself to focus on academics more that my social life my freshman year and to not get behind in studying/class-work for it seems to take forever to catch back up. I would also advise myself to start preparing for exams about a week before hand rather than the night before as I used to do in highschool.

My classmates are students that I see all the time and we all know that learning here is everything later.

Oh if only I could go back and tell myself not to go wild for the first two years of college! When I got to Stetson,I met all these really cool people and got invited to all these event for new students. Some of the event were school oriented, however other events were off campus and had nothing to do with school. I let fun times be first when and school work second, when it really should have been the other way around! I have learned my lesson though, I just wish I could go back and have learned it a little sooner!!

I think the best thing about Stetson University is that because it is a small private college, professors can give thier student more attention. The classroom atmosphere is very open and comfortable and students don't ever worry about being embarassed to ask the teacher a question. Now thats a good way to learn!

William

Our Music program and recently our law and finance programs. Our jazz and symphony programs and our Roland George investment program brings in kids from around the country.

The rules for high school dont apply here. If you want to change your habits or your relationships with your frinds and parents, if you really want to become independent, you need to start taking REAL steps. make a plan, right down ten of your top goals on a sheet of paper, right down some measurable, time sensitive steps you can accomplish to get there. you dont have to be afraid to tell people how you really feel. And remmeber why you want to work in microfinance, why it motivates you, and then apply that to all your work. Keep your long term goals right in front of you and youll always have a way to feel motivated to organize everything day to day without being discouraged. and never be afraid to TALK about what's stressing you. keeping it all hidden throughout highschool isnt healthy, and you know you'll need the support for your first year. and dont slack off on your bible studies each night, they help you get to sleep, keep things in perspective, and remind you how each event in your life has a real purpose, even if you cant see it now.

Someone looking for a big city, fast paced environment. Not too many special interest majors, and few teaching majors.

Tamara

My advice would be to make sure I have as much control over myself as possible and to make sure I go for only what I want. The knowledge I gain should be up to me and on my terms. Also, do more independent projects and post them online and start contacting people for internships in the southwest and SoCal already.

I love how I have alot of control over my major and set of courses I take. I do not know any school where you can mix and match Digital arts , art, computer science, and music to get the main focus and track you want. Right now I'm doing digital arts with a track in art. I am hoping to become a Game Designer or involved with the film industry since I am heavily into 3D modeling and animation (I am gaining interest in the music components too). I hope to live in Phoenix, Dallas, SanDiego, or LA.

When I talk about my school I brag about how I have alot of control over my major and set of courses I take and how this allows me to gain alot of skills for the video game or film industry while in a fun environment where I can explore my interests.

Khrystyna

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to apply yourself more. I would covince myself to stay focused and study every night. Then my grades would have been better and I could have applied to academic scholarships while I was in high school. I would also tell myself to start researching on colleges that would be right for me. I would try to convince myself to explore different types of scholarships.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.