DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

david

If I had an oportunity to go back in time and speak to myself as a high school student, I would make the following sugestions: I would appreciate the teachers, I would pay strict attention to what they were telling me, I would have taken as much college credtis as I can, I would prepare myself for success at an early stage, I would encourge all my friends to do what I was doing, I would certainly get involved in every student activities that were available, I would demostrate all chrcteristics of an honor roll student, and ofcourse , I would also getin volved in some sort of community service, in order to display good charcter on campus and of campus. There are many other , things that I can say to myself, if I can turn back to the hand of time. Those beautiful advices that I have just now mentioned, have enlightened me. Therefore I am going to act as if I am still in high school. Now I am going to do everything in my power to be wne of the best student that ever walked across the college campus. Thank you for listening to me.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice I would give myself is to stay at the school and do homework. I had a high school teacher tell me this and I didn't really listen to her because I thought I could just sit down at home and do it like I always have. My first semester in college I didn't get very good grades because I would come home and get distracted. I ended up having to withdraw from the semester due to medical reasons, so my grades didn't count for the semester. When I re-started my first semester in the Spring, I listened to the advice the teacher at the high school gave me to stay at school and study. When I did, I got so much done and learned so much more than I did in the previous semester. I know when the Fall semester comes around I am going to continue to stay at school and do my work because I get it done that way.

rebecca

When looking back at my senior year in high school all I could think about was graduating. Now that I am going into my final full year of college there is so much more I should have been concentrating on besides graduation. Due to the lack of financial assistance I may not be able to attend school in the coming semester; due to this fact I should have been more focused on paying for college instead of hurrying to graduation. If I could go back and give myself advice it would be to get focused, apply for scholarships, and find other ways to save up for college.

If you have any financial struggles, are not rich, and not very involved.

People that can either get a full ride scholarship or has a lot of money to spend on tuition and fees. Also they are very interested in involvment in their school and using more than just the classroom to learn.

Raveena

As we grow older I, as well others, want to say our lives were lived without any regrets. We don’t think about the present and how it will look when it is our past. Every person is different on how they apply these words of wisdom. There is never a concrete “right” answer in life, well except in math.. Some decide that they will dedicate their lives to sports, some education; some spend their whole lives discovering themselves. When we are the critical age of deciding our future, we are compared to the wonders of the world. The CEOs, the doctors, the one who makes a million dollars, the one who got into that Ivey League College. You never have to live up your life to someone else’s success but your own. A mistake should not be seen as a failure. It has been drilled into us “don’t make that mistake again”. A mistake can’t be a mistake if it ends up leading you to the path you desire. . If the career choice you choose fulfills your heart’s desire then your choice can never be wrong.

The worst thing about this school has nothing to do with the education but with the housing. Although there are new updated housing buildings since the school is old most buildings have historic infrastructure which is great but the rooms are abnormally small as compared to other colleges dorms.

A person who wants to have an avid night lifestyle and wants to go to college to party should not attend this school. The students that come here really do take their education seriously and that trumps having a crazy party life.

Annamaria

I was in high school thirty years ago. I would caution myself to be more invested in myself. I would explain that the more I learned only could benefit me in the end. I always had that deep drive to acheive what people said I couldn't but maybe I could use that drive in my studies. I would tell myself to learn about Scholarships and Grants. I never had the financial support of my parents and couldn't figure out how to pay for college. That's why I put it off. If I knew about avenues for helping pay for college, I might have gone back sooner. I would explain that life and love could wait but that education will last you forever. I would help myself to see that I was worth the better things in life that can be achieved with an education. I spent to much time trying to be an adult and not enough time just enjoying being in the moment. These are some of the things I tried to impart to my sons.

Stetson is a great school with a beautiful campus, caring professors, and lots of fun extracurricular activities.

Stetson has the best Teaching Education program around, it's one of the biggest reasons I chose Stetson.

Dear High School self, You are extremely lucky because you already know what you want to do and you are going to be great at it. By starting at community college, you are saving yourself (and your parents) a TON of money- smart choice. When you get to Stetson, you need to get involved. It's going to be a pain because you live at home and you're shy, but it will be worth it. Join clubs and actually attend meetings, sit in the cafeteria even if you're alone- maybe someone will join you. Enjoy your time with classmates who, like you, want to be teachers and can understand the work load you are going through. Step out of your comfort zone girl! Sincerely, College self

Zuri

One unique thing about Stetson Universtiy is that we ARE one of the friendliest schools in the south. This is a proven fact that can be backed up with proof. Also some of the famous movie Waterboy was filmed here at Stetson University and in Deland at Deland High School.

Zuri Sellers I am your future self. Being a senior right now will be one of the greatest times of you life. But now it is also crunch time. College is right around the corner and I know you haven't been accepted to any schools. Volleyball isn't coming to you right now on a silver platter so you need to apply to more colleges ASAP! You also need to push yourself harder in class also because Senioritis is going to bite you in the butt VERY VERY hard. Applying for scholarships needs to be all you think about. You need to eat sleep and breathe it beacuse mom and dad can't do it on their own. Do your best and you are going to love the school you get into. Trust me I'm you.

One of the worst things about attending Stetson is the surroundings. Deland is a small city and some of the residents that live around the school don't accept that I am African American and yell obscene words toward me if saying I'm walking downtown of Deland.

rebecca

If I went back in time I would tell myself to enjoy every moment I had and to apply for more scholarships to prepare for the future. When I was a high school senior all I could think about was getting out of high school and moving on to the next part of my life. I knew that it would be more difficult, but I didn't know that it would be this hard. I would tell myself to plan for the future by applying for any scholarship I was eligible for and try to prepare for the hard road ahead. Knowing what I do now and the financial situation I am in, I would have saved up as much as I could and spent more time focused on my future education; instead of just getting out of high school.

At Stetson University the worst thing about the school is there is nearly one type of student and there isn't much for activities outside of campus. The type of students that are on the campus are mostly rich and some what stuck up. The way they talk about the things they have is shocking sometimes. There also isn't much to do off-campus, there is no clubs, no movie theaters, not really much at all; unless you like bowling.

The type of person that should attend this school is rich and smart. Many of the students in the school have the latest and greatest of everything, ipads, iphones, pretty much anything that is Apple related. They also take about money and items like it doesn't mean anything to them. I am not rich, nor talk about money like it's not a big deal. I have found a few people like me on campus, but there are very few.

Sabrina

My school is strong and challenging when is comes to education, diverse and unique when it comes to culture, open and understanding about what your values and beliefs are, comfortable when it comes to housing and residential life, open and beautiful when it comes to the campus, and overall a place I am happy and lucky to be at.

If I could go back in time and talk to my, high school self, I would. First, I would remind myself that I will not be staying in my own state for college, so spend less time joining every organization at school and remember to spend time with friends- who I will not see anymore. I would then get down to business. I would tell myself to begin studying French before jumping into it in college (because its much harder than expected). I should know that they are not kidding when they say that you should only join three clubs/organizations, because if I do more I will be overloaded and run down. I would also tell myself to make sure I bring motivation to eat healthy and continue to work out- because since I will have no sports here- like I did in high school- my motivation will decrease, and my schedule will be very busy- so I need to MAKE time to be healthy. If I could go back and have a conversation with my high school self, I think I would have been a little more prepared for the things that sneak up on you in college.

When it comes to the ‘downside’ of my school, I would have to say that the food could be better. Yes, you could roll your eyes and say “I am just another picky eater” but I honestly wish we had heather choices. My school gives out great messages and hold interesting lectures about being healthy. However, when the calorie count is through the roof and all the tasty foods are deep friend and cooked in grease, you only have so many choices.

Stetson has great professors who care about you, a great campus with lots of places to hang out or study and it's located fairly close to both the beach and Disney!

My classmates care about doing well in every class and each person takes responsibility when working with a group.

Dear High school self, you weren't involved in high school, but it would be in your benefit to change that in college. There are so many great people you could make friends with, just try to step out of your comfort zone a little (or a lot). Also, start saving your money. You will end up going to an amazing college, but you will need to take out loans and saving your money would help you pay for books. It may seem scary going from a small community college to a larger school (even though it's a pretty small school) but don't be afraid- you will experience a warm welcome from everyone. Did I mention you should get involved? Sincerely, College self.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.