Potsdam, NY
SUNY College at Potsdam

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Potsdam

Journee

SUNY College at Potsdam is a very welcoming school! From the staff to the students everyone is so welcoming. The class size is perfect and the teachers are all very accommodating. If you are struggling there is always a professor there to help you figure what you need to do to get back on track! I knew from the first time I ever stepped foot on campus that I wanted it to be my new home.

Emberlin

SUNY Potsdam is a wonderful school particularly for students who have limited opportunities, financially. However, the school falls short in the sense that the enrichment of particular majors is very limited. A student who considers pursuing a degree at SUNY Potsdam would benefit most were they to go into the school's wonderful music or education program. Otherwise, further investigate the value of other programs before committing full time to the school.

Jada

It's an amazing school. Everyone is easy to talk to and there is always someone that can help you out. There is always a display of activities and there is always something going on. The town is a walk away and there is a decent variety of food. The teachers are willing to help out and rarely change office hours!

Samarah

I am currently enrolled into my sophmore year at SUNY Potsdam, and thus far has been quite the experience. I love SUNY Potsdam, it is like my second home. The people there are very supportive, and they will help anyone. I met so many new people over at Potsdam that I consider family now. I am a Studio Art major and I believe that SUNY Potsdam is going to help me reach my career goal into becoming an art therapist in my near future. The food is beyond amazing. There are so many places to eat and just lounge around. Since the college is right on the Adirondack region and next to a beautiful river, the scenary is picturesque to say the least; especially in the fall. They have some many facilities and student related resources to go to if in need of some assistance. Overall, I'd say that Potsdam is one of the best decisions I've made in my early adult life.

Marissa

For the most part it's alright. Some departments are really lacking funding though, of course one of them being my major so that really limits the classes that are available for me to take and that's really a bummer. The school is nice though I guess.

Laura

SUNY Potsdam is the perfect size for everyone. The class sizes are perfect. They are small enough that the professors can really take the time to get to know you and help if you need it. But at the same time the school is big enough that you are always meeting new people and making new firends. It also happens that SUNY Potsdam was rated number 1 for food service throughout the SUNY system, so that's pretty awesome as well. Not to mention it's also beautiful!

I would tell myself that it is okay to branch out and meet new people. The worst thing you can do is get stuck in a friend group in which you can't be yourself. Do not settle. You can always be nice and say hi to the nice people you meet, but don't settle just because they are nice people. Find the people that make you laugh so hard you start crying. Be brave and try new things. It is okay to do things by yourself. College is a time for new adventures, so go out and try whatever you want to!

Before coming to this school I wish I had known that finding the perfect friend group takes time. I came in expecting that I would instantly make friends and that they would be just as great or even better than my friends from high school. It takes time but you have to be patient and open-minded. College is filled with many personalities, you just have to search for the right ones and try new things.

Andrew

My school is unique in the sense that it is very small, because of this I am able to build a relationship with my proffesors. My first semester here i found research with a genetics professor, Jan Trybula. In any other university it would be much more dificult to do this.

Stop being lazy! To be honest didn't care about school nor did I try. I was lazy and I just got by with everything I did. I didn't even think I was going to college until my senior year. I expected to be a used car salesman just like my father. Knowing what I know now about college if I can go back in time I would defidently give school my all. Sitting in chemistry class I have to work twenty-times harder then the person next to me because I didn't learn the basic terminology that you learn in highschool. It's hars for someone to feel like they don't fit in with others. That is the way I felt when i first came to college. The transition was really hard for me. If I could do it all over again I would.

The type of person that should attend this school should be open minded. SUNY Potsdam, although the small size, is very diverse. Coming to this school should mean trying many new things. When I first came here i never though i would be involved with anything. A semester later i am a part of the Biology Club, Pre-Health Club, and scientific reseach of the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus.

Leslie

Something unique about my school is that even though we are a small school, you can still meet new people and make new friends every day. Also there is never a chance that you can feel lonely in this school because there is always someone that would like to hang out with you. My school's environment is very friendly and you can feel it when you visit the school.

I would tell myelf that this transition is going to be one of the toughest things you have ever done, but you shouldn't worry about it because in the long run you will be able to provide for your family and make them proud. I would also tell myself that just because you are independent now, you should learn how to use your time wisely and make sure to concentrate on your studies. A life lesson that you should keep in your mind always is that friends come and go but your family is always there for you because there will always be people who don't like that you are succeeding further than them. I would advise to join clubs based on your own interests not other people because you never know if you find friends.

I wish I had known how cold it would get in the winter time because my first year in this school, I wasn't really prepared with a good jackes and boots.

SUNY College at Potsdam administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.