SUNY College at Potsdam Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for SUNY College at Potsdam

Ally

I love going to Potsdam. There is a great sense of community among all the students and faculty. There is always an opportunity to make new friends, learn something new, and just enjoy college. Potsdam is a visually beautiful place to be all year round, but especially in the fall.

Samarah

I am currently enrolled into my sophmore year at SUNY Potsdam, and thus far has been quite the experience. I love SUNY Potsdam, it is like my second home. The people there are very supportive, and they will help anyone. I met so many new people over at Potsdam that I consider family now. I am a Studio Art major and I believe that SUNY Potsdam is going to help me reach my career goal into becoming an art therapist in my near future. The food is beyond amazing. There are so many places to eat and just lounge around. Since the college is right on the Adirondack region and next to a beautiful river, the scenary is picturesque to say the least; especially in the fall. They have some many facilities and student related resources to go to if in need of some assistance. Overall, I'd say that Potsdam is one of the best decisions I've made in my early adult life.

Tara

I think Potsdam, and crane both are wonderful places. Both allow interactive and upbeat learning. Teachers are attentive and helpful to students. I love the school, and love the homey environment. I feel at home at this school, because everyone is there for you. It's like wonderful little community. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Journee

SUNY College at Potsdam is a very welcoming school! From the staff to the students everyone is so welcoming. The class size is perfect and the teachers are all very accommodating. If you are struggling there is always a professor there to help you figure what you need to do to get back on track! I knew from the first time I ever stepped foot on campus that I wanted it to be my new home.

Jada

It's an amazing school. Everyone is easy to talk to and there is always someone that can help you out. There is always a display of activities and there is always something going on. The town is a walk away and there is a decent variety of food. The teachers are willing to help out and rarely change office hours!

melissa

I haven’t visited yet but I have heard such wonderful things about it an have talked to some wonderful an compassionate administration who work there. The online campus tour is absolutely beautiful an I cant wait to hopefully become a bear at Potsdam !

SUNY Potsdam is one of the best schools to go to. If you are a artistic performing arts person you'd fit right in. Theres a place for everyone and no one is left out. The classes are the right size for the obtaining the most knowledge, the professors are very caring about you and your work, the sports and team spirit is amazing and the food is awesome, and everyone is friendly. I honestly love my school so much and I know I made the right choice coming here. And I recommend other people to come here as well.

Tessa

Potsdam is a wonderful environment where I believe students finally have an opportunity to explore who they are and have a huge support group behind them. There are endless friendly faces and endless opportunities to get involved in so many ways on campus. It's a community unlike any other I have ever been a part of and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Lashunda

SUNY College at Potsdam is a great school. At first, it's somewhat different because I'm not used being in such an isolated area but you get used to it as time goes by. The people on campus are friendly and always look out for each other for the most part. The classroom sizes are generally ok size not to big not too little. Teachers encourage students to attended office hours if they don't understand something or simply because they need to discuss an issue they are having. All sports teams and other extracurricular activities encourage team bonding and a way of building a family or friendship​ for everyone.

Emberlin

SUNY Potsdam is a wonderful school particularly for students who have limited opportunities, financially. However, the school falls short in the sense that the enrichment of particular majors is very limited. A student who considers pursuing a degree at SUNY Potsdam would benefit most were they to go into the school's wonderful music or education program. Otherwise, further investigate the value of other programs before committing full time to the school.

Angela

Suny Potsdam is not a very gig campus which means that in a few month you will get to meet a lot of people. This school is dominant by white Americans but there is diversity. This school is not perfect, any issue that is presented can be fix in a few weeks.

Malik

When I first entered SUNY Potsdam in Spring 2016, I had gotten my first glance of the traditional college experience and what it’s like to be independent. Taking some of my favorite and more influential classes such as Physical Geology, Calculus, and Anthropology, as well as more rigorous classes like Chemistry, Structural Geology and Igneous & Metamorphic Petrology, I developed a love-hate relationship with Potsdam, just with a more prevalent emphasis on the love spectrum of things. Every college has its dark days but I’m glad Potsdam uses its dark days as learning and teaching experiences that I’ve personally used towards myself and to others. You will meet some of the most interesting and treasured professors that will root for you, even after graduation and will always stay in contact with you. You make memorable friends and when times start getting rough at Potsdam, you can depend on the community to be on your side.

Grace

I hate it there! The people are not friendly and they are even less intelligent, they are far too proud for their level. The interact with prospective students in a manner that should be saved for their drug dealers and they expect people to look at it like it's normal.

Raechelle

It’s an amazing school overall , as time goes on it’s becoming more and more diverse . The school is also very inclusive. I feel safe on camp expressing myself and being who I feel I truly am. There is always something happening on campus , always a show or something to do so I’m rarely ever bored. I also enjoy the fact that the class is very close knit and everyone knows everyone .