Potsdam, NY
SUNY College at Potsdam

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College at Potsdam

Richard

Small classes; Excellent communication between professors and students; Available help if needed; Excellent Computer Science Department; Exclusive dormitory for seniors and juniors; Excellent meal plans and quality of food.

After my fist year of college, I began to realize how important it is to take things in life seriously. I began to see the world through a different perspective, and rather than attending college because I had to, I started thinking along the lines of attending college because I wanted to learn more. I never thought that I would be aiming for a goal of taking more than one major, and trying to fit in as many classes as possible into each semester until college showed me that there is more to education than just learning essentials about a potential career. College has been a huge value for me to attend because it showed me that, while I can never know everything, I want to strive to know as much as possible, even the things that I do not have to. It showed me the true meaning of knowledge, and in the process, made me a more responsible and aspiring student.

College is located in small village, with no public transportation, no shoping possibiilities and very limited out of campus life. Without a car you can reach a supermarket, movie theatre, pizza place and bagel place only.

Felicia

SUNY-Potsdam is bested known for our Crane School of Music and our Education School. We also have a pretty well known math department.

My college experience has offered me a chance to experience the carreer I want while I'm still studying my degree. SUNY Potsdam offers many observation and interern oopurtunities in the teaching field. You have to complete two practicums in a school, and student teaching before you graduate. Besides those there is mentoring oppurunities and other optional practice with teaching. SUNY Potsdam also has many clubs, and i have gotten to participate in the running of three different clubs. I also have been working in my SGA (student government) and the school offers leadership confrences that help you gain skills for the work place.

The most frustrating thing about the school is the weather. Some days it is warm and the next day it is freezing. The weather can go from raining to snowing in the same day. Also it rains a lot in the spring and the sidewalks get huge puddles.

Sharice

Focused and hardworking.

Focused and hardworking.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have grown so much through my experiences. I have had some of my best memories during my years at college. I will cherish the times I shared with my friends and professors. I?ve learned a lot from them inside and outside of the classroom. Whether it?s finishing a paper on time, being in my college's fashion show or studying abroad I have changed for the better. These experiences made me more responsibility, outgoing and confident.

The people. The faculty and students are really nice and interesting.

Alex

For me, college so far has shown me some amazing opportunites. I have been able to meet many different kinds of people from all over the world for different reasons. I have met actors, scientists, historians, I even learned how to spin a rope from a Chinese circus artist. So many things have happened because of college. I been able to open up more in social situations, I have gained confidence that I lacked before in my ability to handle situations, I have grown as a person and an artist. Most importantly, I have discovered my love of learning. Every single class I have taken has taught me more than what is outlined in the course syllabus. With each class comes fellow students and an instructor. And in each person there is a different viewpoint and experiences. It helps us all to learn when we can see the problem at hand from other peoples viewpoints. Sometimes, I only was able to grasp an idea because someone elses vantage point. To me, college is more than an education, it is about learning how to be around other people and learning to absorb as much as possible when you can.

All of my classmates are very diverse with individual opinions, of which they are not afraid to speak.

I have found myself in attending SUNY Potsdam. By going away to school, I was able to break free from high school and create a new name for myself, something I have greatly enjoyed. Meeting new people and making new friends has been great. Everything I have experienced at SUNY Potsdam has been wonderful, and I've learned a lot of good life lessons.

The campus is very small, making it hard to meet new people.

Shawna

I am currently attending Anthem College in Beaverton OR. It is one of the best experiences i have had the teachers and staff are very supportive and do everything possible to make sure you succeed. Its a family atmosphere and its an open door policy with and of the staff members from the counselors to the dean of education. I love that they not only teach you your core classes but they also prepare you for the professional world.

Gena

Beginning college after some traggic times in my life was the best decision I could have ever made. This was such a wonderful college that helped boost my spirit and gave me a stronger sense of self. I raised three children on my own for several years and continuing college at SUNY Potsdam has been a blessing for my family. My oldest son will be graduating from high school in June 2010 and now he is deciding to pursue his education into this college also. He has seen the strength and wisdom I had gained from my duration within this beautiful college and he wants to have the same. Education no longer appears to him as a chore but as something fulfilling and enlightening. SUNY Potsdam has not just brought me progress and education but a sense of peace that my children believe that if I can still struggle with obsticles and make it, so can they. It was a win, win situation due to my choice of attending SUNY Potsdam.

I believe the worst thing about my college is that they rarely cancel classes due to bad weather. I believe this is to allow the students all the education they deserve yet holds back students who commute.

I bag most about my instructors and how much knowledged I gained from their lectures.

susan

College has been a frustrating experience but has helped me to see being exceptionally bright in high school holds equivalence of average in college. I have learned in my third semester you must stay above the game. Meaning always strive for successes in every homework assignment, every lecture, everything you take time to learn never forget. In college there is always something new to learn and a new teacher to learn from, so adjusting is frustrating but necessary. Work very hard, high school was easy because the teachers taught to the average student -college, you?re on your own -sink or swim you?re paying for it and if you?re like me and don't receive financial aid there is not enough money for... OOPZIES! Success was something that would come in the future- success was a dream that I was slowly building up for myself. But entering into a state college makes success feel like every day is pulling me closer and closer to my dreams and unselfish aspirations. From high school to a college student I have learned hard work is not optional and because I have understood that concept, I will be successful in the future.

Amy

When I started college in 2002, I was terrified. I figured that I was going to have the same experience as I did in high school; I would be laughed at for asking questions and made fun of for trying too hard to fit in. At the start of my college career, I told myself that I was going to focus on my studies and let everything else fall into place. That is the best thing that I could have done. I was able to enjoy schoolwork and the people around me while discovering my true self. My college experience as well as professional experiences while in college have molded me into the strong person that I am today.

I strongly believe that you get back what you put in to college. We are a single income family, so broadening my career horizons, allowing me to earn more income for my family, is essential. A few weeks ago, one of our neighbors had an explosion in their home. This sparked a fire that destroyed our home and everything in it. We lost every possession we owned. This event really did a few things for me. It made it all that much more important that I continue my education so that some day we can afford to replace the things we lost to the fire. The fire also made me very aware of an existing need to care for people who are injured, but specifically, by fire. People suffering from burns require a lot of care, and who is more capable of understanding their needs, but some one who has been through a similar ordeal. Through all of this, I have managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA. The teachers at my college have made this possible. Their teaching process is so easy to understand. Through this process, my college has given me a future; a better future.

SUNY College at Potsdam administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.