Tallahassee, FL
Tallahassee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tallahassee Community College

Rem

The school has a friendly and welcoming feeling, however it needs some upgrading

Margaret

TCC is a school that encompasses all student types. I like the ease of being able to make a choice of attending on-campus or online courses, or both. The Instructors are very kind, caring, and understanding. The Administrative staff keeps you updated on all of your financial matters, so that you are able to attend your classes without any kind of setbacks. You are kept abreast of when it is time to register, to withdraw, and to pay for your educational learning. I am happy I chose TCC to further my education and that I could do so even while I work!

john
Great Place to Be

Great Place to Be

This is a great place to learn and have a career. The classes are small and the professors are always ready to help. It has a large number of learning opportunities with great medical teaching facilities, criminal justice and arts. They have 4 partner colleges on campus to advance you studies and Florida State right down the road. Cost is the best in the area nad lots of scholarship and financial aid sources. A truly great college.

Rose

Quiet, outspoken, annoying, cool, helpful, spaced-out, motivated, just coasting, and all in between.

I would tell myself to learn a language in my free time. Try to meet tons of people your first year, but choose your friends carefully. Don't underestimate the value of a few, good quality, close friends. Parties will always be there, and if you and your friends choose parties over school, you will not make it far. Alcohol is fun, but there is much more to life. Even if you're not 100% there, try to make it to every single class. Get help if you need it! With life, advice, tutoring, friends, whatever. Everyone in college has tough times sometimes and needs help, there's no shame in going out and getting the help you need! I would say that you can't skip days or skip assignments like you did in high school. You need to have your head in the game every single day to succeed. Live every day like the competition is dying to take these opportunities away from you, because they are. Have fun when your work is done. Know what your goals are, never forget how far you've come, never stop growing, and keep your eyes to the future!

Anyone unintested in college or unmotivated to succeed professionally.

Jesse

I would tell myself to drop out and play the powerball winning numbers. On a real note though, I would focus more on my time managment skills and study skills. I realize this now while in my second semester of college that life and college does not give second chances and that I should take each opportunity I get and to do that to the best of my abilties.

I wish I had known that it was not going to be as challenging and student orienteted as I had percieved it to be.

The lack of attention that some of the students at my school recieve. I feel as though it is mainly about the finances and amount of money the school can collect instead of the quality of the education.

Emma

Being one of the best Community colleges in the nation!

Being one of the best Community colleges in the nation!

Make good decisions in high school. Don't slack off. Study as much as you can and as hard as you can. Always do the best you can and greatness will come to you

The mentality of some of the students.

Sayvion

My school is very unique in terms of resources. My school has services such as the "Learning Commons" which provides free tutoring, and an online library alongside the ability to submit work to teachers electronically with helpful feedback. The most substantial aspect of these services is that it is available to everyone attending.

If I could go back in time (which is scientifically impossible), I would definitely lecture to myself on why I shouldn't ignore the opportunities that were basically handed to me and ruin the mentality "I can't do it". The dialogue would go something like: "College is a transition into a more essential part of my life. I know for sure during your senior year, you was worried about what other people thought of you, thus making you not do certain things simply because "it wasn't cool". In reality, the only thing that should matter is the idea that helping you and everyone around you is the only right thing to do. Take every opportunity, take every chance to change, take every great idea and make it happen. No one is holding you back but yourself. Your education determines your future, not the new iPhone that is going to be discontinued as soon as the newer one is released. By the way, you need to take all the dual enrollment classes available, join all the clubs, and please make sure you sign up for the right college classes."

An individual who has decided that they would like to pursue a career that doesn't need much college education should consider this community college, it is a great place to start.

Beeta

Tallahassee Community College is nationally ranked as one of the best community colleges in all of the nation. It is the perfect stepping stone for a variety of people's needs: transitional students, new students, international students, adults coming back to school, trade or skilled individuals, etc. TCC is a great place to build successful individuals and it is accomodating to almost any person.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would emphasize how important it is to be motivated for a career goal and not just a diploma. Back then I thought the most important thing was being in college and taking classes. I assumed the rest fell into place. I had no real plan- just illusions of the future. I would explain to my naive younger self the importance of long/short-term goals and the beauty of having a passion for something. I would stress time-mangement, the cost of living, and that college wasn't just about moving out and having freedom. I would tell myself how important it is to stay on top of school work and be aware of distractions. I would tell myself that my boyfriend who's going to break up with me is not worth ruining my education. I would RE-EXPLAIN what every guidance counselor, parent, mentor, and advisor, tried to explain to me but couldn't get me to realize. I would say that nothing is what it seems and there are few miracles; the rest of life is overcoming obstacles and reaching for goals.

A frustration I've encountered has been inconsistency with professors. It can be difficult to adjust to college-level education when different work ethic is expected depending on the professor. I've had to retake classes or adjust ways of learning in order to pull a decent grade. Some professors are active and very involved with their students, while some lack in communication. Also, some may have only three tests the entire semester which could hinder a grade severely if a student messes up on one. The truth is some just don't want to grade papers.

Latoya

My school allowed me to work on campus between classes. At the time I wanted to major in Business Administration so I was able to get a Work Study job in the Business Office where I am currently working as an Office Assistant, OPS. The employee and staff members are very family oriented and understand what people go through to raise children. I would also like to point out that in most cases professors allow make up work for missed assignments as long as there was a good reason for missing one in the first place.

Latoya, you are going off to college now and you should be very proud of yourself because you are the first one in your family to go. You have the opportunity to further your education and not many people do. Please be sure to stay focused on your goals and try not to take any breaks between semesters because they tend to last longer than you plan to. I know that you get anxious when it comes to math and test taking but many people do. Don't get discouraged and give up. Your college has tutors and a Learning Commons that will help you with your studies and math problems. The library is often open until 7pm for your convenience so please use the facility wisely. Remember that your goal is to graduate so that you can further your education. Also, make a goal to finish each class with at least a B so that your grade point average will be impressive. Use the resources and campus instead of leaving once class is over to go home to study. Take all of my advise and you will find your journey a bit more stress free.

Well, when I came to this school I was unsure about my major and did not continue right out of high school. I was not as focused as I should have been either. I wanted to continue my education but I also needed income to support my family. I wish I had known how to manage my time between home, school, and work. I wish I would have known how to stay focused on my studies and not on outside situations like what my sisters where doing back at home. it is very important to consult with advisors on campus.

Tallahassee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.