Texarkana College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texarkana College

Cameron

As a social anxiety-induced teenager, I realize that TC is and was the best option for me. It let me go to college and attend school at a reasonable price and put myself out there at my own pace. One of the things that I truly appreciate however, is that while the school is bigger than my high school, a staggering 400 students in that facility, significantly reduced by the near few thousands that attend TC, I still feel calm. The classes, while pushing the limit, and by "the limit" I fully digress to meaning my limit, with thirty-something students, are honestly not that full. I can fully focus on my studies with a teacher if need be, because they are available at the time in which I may or may not need them. Granted, there are times when you need to speak to one who you can't particularly meet, there are nearly four different ways to contact one teacher. TC is wonderful in that sense to be honest. It's amazing that I can communicate openly with people and be heard rather than being dismissed as another face who is "wasting their time" purely because I do not understand what I am learning. Now granted, I know a lot of professors from the larger universities are not like that and that there are some teachers from smaller colleges who are. Maybe it's just the stigma that's unearthed from some of my old classmates and friends who attend the larger universities and have less than pleasant stories to share about their professors. Perhaps that's being influenced by the mass but if a mass quantity of people are saying it, perhaps it's true. I've gotten somewhat off track, but believe me this just furthers the belief that Texarkana College was an excellent choice. And I wouldn't change it at all.

Justin

It is truly a great college. It is home based and has a great staff. The college has a great many opportunities such as the workforce programs and the academic programs. Because of the low student to teacher ratio, there is a lot of opportunity to talk with the teachers.

Madison

Texarkana College has a very good academic and theater program.

Cameron

To be quite honest, Texarkana College is an amazing choice to go through with. Like most other college students, I am almost positive that money for a university is, quite high compared to the budget that I actually have. Going to Texarkana saved me a lot on money, regarding gas, and the classes themselves, period. There may not be much to do regarding sports, and activities, but most people who come here, are not really looking for that type of stuff at the moment. They're trying to go somewhere affordable, and somewhere that is easy going compared to other schools. Which is exactly why I chose to go to TC.

Breayah

Texarkana College is a great place to be! Things would be better if we had sports, more groups to join, and a fraternity. The professors are easy to get in touch with, but i do recommend to get on rate my professor so you can see who you are dealing with before you take the class.

Jamie

Lowest tuition around, clean campus and great professors. My pell grant was plenty of money to cover my tuition, fees and books. The professors are always available and give their numbers so we can contact them anytime. I have really enjoyed my time here so far.

April

Its a great Transition school and starter school people of ages 19 and up are learning or starting over to gain new opportunities. Not much to say the bulldog Bistro is amazing with food galore. Their career fairs are education and inviting. The knowledge from teachers never fail to surprise me at all. Never had an issue with anyone at all. Students are welcoming and school supportive. Also their luau festivals and chili cook off competitions just bring a smile on our faces. Literally no bad thing can be said About Texarkana College

Darnisha

Great place

Amber

The Instructors push us to learn in class as well as outside of class. They are always accessible by email and have regular office hours as well. The campus is very safe, campus police is always available. I would recommend this campus to students who are willing to put in the work required for a degree.

jolene

I am in online classes due to the fact I work a full time job at 50 plus hours a week. With that said, every time I do go to the campus I always feel safe and never have a problem. The people that work there are always helpful and kind.

Andria

I love my community college. It really is a great place for me to start over. I recently beat breast cancer, have been separated from my husband, and have one child in college and another who is a senior in high school. I realized I was not able to support myself, and decided to pursue my dream of becoming a nurse and hopefully helping someone else through the same struggles I have overcome.

Abril

I personally thought that my overall experience was going to be worse since it’s a community college, but I actually enjoyed attending classes at TC. The teachers are really helpful and are very lenient with their students. When we moved to online classes in March it was very easy to attend classes and do the course work at home. I’m not extremely happy with the size of TC since it’s like less than 10 buildings overall, but it’s not that bad. I never tried the food they offered, but I wouldn’t want to either. I never went into the cafeteria that was at TC or the recreational center that they offered, but I know other students did take advantage of it. Overall, I think it’s a good school with good academics as well.

Alixandria

Texarkana College is a great place to learn! The classes aren’t overwhelming huge so you get more one on one time with the instructors. The faculty works really well with all of your wants and needs. They are extremely helpful and really outgoing! Who wouldn’t want to come to Texarkana College?

Texarkana college has been a true blessing. When I first enrolled in 2017 I was nervous and had no idea what to do. Every faculty member I met walked me though every process and made me feel so much more confident. My professors have been absolutely amazing and I have enjoyed my learning experience her so much .

Telisha

I really enjoy the school and the environment. The teachers are amazing and they do everything to make sure you have everything you need to succeed in your classes. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone. This school also have after school help and people assigned for that class.

My time at Texarkana College began the summer after my sophomore year in high school. I was sixteen, and when presented with the option between working and starting college early, I chose college. I graduated high school two years later and had enough credits in my name to start nursing school in the fall. Texarkana College’s prize degree option is Associate’s Degree nursing. There’s two hospitals and dozens of clinics within ten miles of the college campus, and clinical classes are diverse. Besides the four hour classes I would have for 3-5 days a week, there is nothing much to do on campus. There’s no housing on campus, no food court, extracurricular activities, or prominent social clubs. The college is mostly used by people going back to school, rather than continuing it. The classes are very affordable; something I miss now that I’m in graduate school. In a word, my experience with the nursing program was challenging. It was my first taste of actual studying. I was an A-B student in high school, but the format of nursing school gave me a C in my first semester. Instead of test questions about a word’s definition, the questions required you to memorize these definitions, compare them to each other, and choose which word/condition/illness/lab value best suited the question. For two years, I joked that I was married to my textbook. To pass each test, I had to read the chapters, re-read them with a highlighter, read them a third time with a different highlighter, make and study a Quizlet study guide, and find any pertinent practice questions online. There was distrust in our teachers because we were taught about their experiences in nursing and not about things that would help our grades. All in all, Texarkana College is a good school. It’s affordable. If one is looking for the “college experience”, Texarkana College may disappoint. If one is looking to get a degree, Texarakana College is perfect.

Shelby

It might seem cliche to say that I love my college, but i do! I got awarded the Presidential scholarship that covered a lot. Without this scholarship i would have not been able to go to college. This school has great employees and teachers that make learning something i like doing. There are many activities always going on at the campus. They have also given me a job which has allowed me to help out my family some. I really wish the college would extend to a 4 year university!

I am currently within my last semester at Texarkana College. Honestly, I have loved every class at TC. This community college has truly served as the greatest two years of education that I have ever received. Although I am sad to leave , I am excited to transfer and finish what I began my educational journey to do.