The Boston Conservatory Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The Boston Conservatory

Drew

The Boston Conservatory at Berklee is the place to be for anyone seeking a Musical Theater heavy training program. Every teacher is very professional and allows every student to learn at their own pace. It teaches us valuable life skills for when we leave the school and move to make this a career. I have only been at the school for a year now and I feel I have learned more in this one year than I have over the past 8 years training outside the school.

Julia

The Boston Conservatory is an arts conservatory. So, for what it is it is absolutely amazing. There are hundreds of performance opportunities every year and you get to be surrounded by other artists. However, if you have interests outside of the arts it is not the place for you. I have been frustrated by the lack of extracurricular activities. Besides that, it has been an amazing experience so far. The classes are challenging, the faculty is amazing, and there is truly no better college town than Boston.

Jayna

It is the best place to receive a Bachelor of Music degree.

Melissa

I am currently a student at The Boston Conservatory at Berklee, completing my B.F.A. in dance with a specialization in ballet. My professional plans are to audition and be accepted into a ballet company when I graduate. The ballet companies I am interested in auditioning for include Boston Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, Nashville Ballet, and Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. I would love to be able to dance in a company for another ten years, then work as a ballet teacher, or start my own ballet school. I will also graduate The Boston Conservatory as a certified ballet teacher. I was also accepted into a teacher certification program that is taught in partnership with the Royal Academy of Dance in London, as an additional program of study. When I graduate, I will be certified to teach all levels of ballet, anywhere in the world. I have always been in love with ballet and have trained for many years. I started dancing at the age of five, and began taking ballet lessons at Boston Ballet School when I was seven years old. I was promoted to the professional track by the faculty at Boston Ballet School when I turned eight. I received all of my ballet training from the Boston Ballet School until I became a teenager, and my family moved to New York. I then continued my training at Joffrey Ballet School. When I completed my ballet training there, I was accepted as a Trainee with Joffrey Ballet in Chicago, then went on to receive an Apprenticeship with California Ballet Company in San Diego, after my family relocated to California. While I worked as an Apprentice at California Ballet in San Diego, I began to teach ballet to children at several studios in San Diego: Del Mar Ballet, Dance & Co., Golden Dragon Chinese School, and San Diego Civic Youth Ballet. For three years, I taught two full-session Ballet I classes, as well as two full-session Adult Ballet classes at these studios, and worked often as a substitute in various classes such as Jazz and Modern Dance on a “as needed” basis. Except for my Adult Ballet class, I primarily taught students between the ages of six and twelve, and discovered that I loved to teach as much as I loved to dance! I came to The Boston Conservatory to become a more versatile dancer eligible to audition for admission to top companies, and to become certified as a ballet teacher for when I am considered too old to dance. My career goals are to graduate and obtain my B.F.A from the Boston Conservatory at Berklee, and receive my teaching certification from The Royal Academy of Dance in London, while maintaining my current grade point average. My next goal is to begin auditioning for ballet companies once I am in my final year at The Conservatory. My studies at The Boston Conservatory will greatly enrich and strengthen my dance abilities in all forms of dance including ballet, and will make me competitive with other dancers auditioning for positions in companies. Additionally, the curriculum from The Royal Academy of Dance will provide me with the tools necessary to become a successful dance teacher in a K through 12 public or private school for the next generation of dance students!

Chu

It is a perfect music school!

Valerie

The Boston Conservatory is a higher education institution marked by the working professional staff, conservatory level training, and dedication to personal and professional innovation.

Gianna

The Boston Conservatory is a top of the line program for people who want to perform. This conservatory offers multiple opportunities to better your craft, train, meet people in the business, and overall develop as a human being. The training you get here as top of the line and i wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Mya

Great faculty! And the class sizes are small. Lots of personal attention. Free to choose your own path and to be creative. Extremely supportive. Up and coming contemporary school. Not known as an orchestral school, however training is available. Seen as a strong undergraduate school. Lots of opportunities to learn about all styles of music. Collaboration is encouraged among the majors.

jocelyn

I have visited campus only once for my audition into the dance program. I had very high expectations before visiting. I can happily say the expectations were more than met. The campus is gorgeous and after how I interacted with the teachers and staff, I cannot wait to start school in the fall!

I really love the education and the opportunities I am able to have. The faculty is there for the students success and it is shown through their dedication and accessibility to the students. They make sure every student feels involved and need and respected. The atmosphere is a friendly competitive and supportive one. It’s classes are small which means the teachers are able to really focus on the success of each of their students.