The Community College of Baltimore County Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The Community College of Baltimore County

Molly

My overall opinion of The Community College Of Baltimore County is, it seems to be a well structured put together school like everything else community college has it's ups and downs, it's completely different from what you were told in high school, in college you're completely on your own 100% nobody will remind you that you have English 101 at 10:30 AM. It's hard being on your own, but sometimes it also helps prepare you to be an independent adult. The real world is harder than people think and I believe college can help you develop skills for what's happening in the real world. You don't learn about avoiding credit card debt in high school or learning CPR. Most jobs want you to have a higher education you can also helps prepare you to be an independent adult. the real world is harder than people think. I believe college can help you develop skills for what's happening in the real world. You don't learn about avoiding credit card debt in high school or learning CPR. Most jobs want you to have a higher education you can also make more money by going to college. I believe everyone should have the opportunity to go to college.

Kendra

Great school to begin your degree program. Don't slack and they'll give you nice scholarships. Most if not all of my professors were available during office hours. Has an honors program that really keeps you on your toes. The more you participate in this school the more you'll get out of it.

Marcellus

Excellent place to return to get your education if you have been out of school fro a long period of time

India

When I first started college, knowing that I'd be a a 2 year school, I thought it would be very low class and I wouldn't learn as much as I would at a 4 year college. CCBC has changed my perspective completely on community colleges. I learn so much every day, the professors are always readily available and willing to work with you inside or outside of class, the professors are down to Earth, the campuses are nice, the people are amazing also! I love my school.

Jordan

I love this campus, it's very warm feeling, comfortable and welcoming. When I first met my advisers they was so excited to take care of me and felt like I was important. I was so excited to meet my teachers on the first week. They all are easy to work with and reliable. Whenever I needed help they was always there to provide me and help me to learn easier. They were also available via email and phone. I love this campus, everyone is friendly and helpful.

Brianna

The Community College of Baltimore county overall is a great place to start your education. I would recommend starting here for two years and getting your Associate's degree and then transfer to a four year. The benefits are great and gaining an Associates degree makes colleges look at you more than someone who just attended for a little bit. The school is up to date, very modern, has small class sizes, dedicated teachers who are there when needed and great facilities for athletics. The only thing I think the school needs to work on is getting more delightful vegetarian options for on campus cafeterias.

Haley

CCBC is a great school if you are looking to jump start your college degree but want to be economical, but still get a quality education. My professors have all been extremely helpful, most give individualized feedback on each project or larger assignment you turn in in order to help you improve on the next one. CCBC also has 3 main campuses, and a few other outreach centers (and online classes!) all over the county, so commute is extremely easy unless coming from work during rush hour.

Danielle

CCBC to me is the best way to get a start on higher education if you don't know exactly what you want to do or may not be able to afford the bigger universities. It's better to go ahead and do two less expressive years here, get an associates and transfer on with more knowledge. You'll learn more here, I think, rather than just jumping head first into the big leagues without a level ground to stand on with a good footing under you.

chanel

First started as a student in spring (feburary) of 2016. I really didn't know what to expect once I first attented once meeting with the academic advisers they really helped me selecting classes that can already work with my hetic schedule I can honestly say college is definately more intense the teachers want you to succeed and push you out of your comfort zone now I'm in my second semester at CCBC Essex can't wait to enroll in the next semester

cameron

for the short time i attended CCBC, i had a very pleasant experience it was unfortunate what happened financially. i would like to thank professor Raphael stillings. He always related the topic and lesson to our standards. i would recommend him to anyone. Stillings made writting topic sentences and essays so much easier i was just overthinking it.

May

Not dreadful as everyone expects community colleges to be. The learning content is very similar to that of other institutions so community college classes are not always easier than those taught in universities. Small classes offer better engagement, and many campus opportunities to get involved. There are also campus events in which there are free food, items, and more. The college uses BlackBoard which is very easy to access. The college also offers many scholarship opportunities even for transfers. Food on campus is easily accessible, and many students show patronage which means the food isn't entirely terrible. The prices are fair too. Overall, attending a community college has to be the best decision for those pursing a post-secondary education.

Corey

Its a decent school with good professors and good food, but aside from that, I go in to my classes with the mindset of doing my work and getting out. The baseball team and the basketball team are the only teams that are good on the Dundalk campus, and I'm actually on the baseball team so I can vouch for that and when I get out of class I look forward to playing with my teammates.

There are multiple campuses around the county, so there is always one or more near by to go to. The school provides buses to take you to the other campuses as well. Because there are so many different campuses, there is such a wide range of activities, clubs, events, and other students from various places and with diverse backgrounds.

Joyce

beautiful brand new campus, surrounded by shops, attended by diverse population of adults and some kids.

Catherine

I loved everything about this college! The staff is amazing. They're always there to help and guide their students. The campus is well kept and always has something exciting going on. The Community College of Baltimore County is a great school to either start off as a college student or complete the necessary training for your career.

Princess

CCBC Essex is such a wonderful campus. I have made so many friends, learned so many new things, and have experienced a lot of new and different activities. My favorite thing about CCBC Essex is the honors program. They have really been a family to me. They encourage me to try new things, to explore the different wonders Baltimore has, and has been a big mentor for me adjusting to the college life style.

Monae

My overall opinion of The Community College of Baltimore County is that it is a great school. I think that this school has well prepared me in transferring to a 4 year university in the future. One of the things that I love the most about this school is the class sizes. I always wanted to attend a small school and CCBC helped me do just that.

Serenity

This college is great for those who want a small, intimate college to nurture them. There is always something going on on campus. You just have to find them. The people are friendly and most professors are knowledgeable on their subject. I am pleased I got to experiences this college for myself.

meseret

A great place to learn a lot of culture, to make a friend, get knowledge easily, and have a good campus experiance. The student success Center is a problem solver for students who have struggle with any subject, the writing center as well. The advisors are very friendly and helpful.

Morgan

I love the fact that I had chose to attend the CCBC in Catonsville. The instructors and staff are always pleasant. Overall the entire faculty shows that they love what they do. Which is something that other schools lack. The teachers will go the extra mile to find success in the students who are at least trying to better themselves. The classes are the perfect size. The facility is also always clean, neat, and tidy.

Berthai

The college inspire students to be their best

Heather

CCBC has been an interesting experience. The instructors are generally very good, with few exceptions. The course work is challenging but never impossible, and there is reasonable support from staff and even classmates. I'm not a social butterfly, but I've still managed to make some friends on campus. I highly recommend the community college experience to older students and those who are unsure of their path. It's a great place to get your bearings and find your way.

Mchala

It's a great school to go to! The teachers are very nice and invested in all of the students. All the students are very motivated and nice. There are tons of groups that help you get involved with everything. Overall it's a great school that I will miss when I graduate!

Brandi

I attend CCBC on the Essex Campus, and I think that it is a great school. There is a negative stigma associated with being enrolled in a Community College but all of the professors here are brilliant. They are accessible and down to earth and the majority of them truly care about you and how you do in their class. The small class sizes of around 30 or so provide a great environment. I am happy that I chose to go to CCBC before transferring to a 4 year college.

Janelle

Are you looking for a school that is more than academics? Then The Community College of Baltimore County is the school for you. There are multiple campuses and each one I've visited or attended has a variety of clubs, activities, and organizations. Whether your passion is in the arts, technology, or academics, there's a group for anyone to be a part of. CCBC most definitely provides the students with an opportunity for fun outside of school work. Now let's talk about the classrooms. The classrooms are not too big but not too tiny either. This provides the perfect median for anyone to be comfortable while learning. Who doesn't want that? All of the professors I've encountered are dedicated to their work. They give time out of their day to help out any struggling students who come to them for assistance. These professors are only one email or call away. They all seem to truly care about their students. I don't know about you, but having an excellent professor who can help me out when I need it is outstanding. The campuses have a very safe feel to them. I don't feel like I have to look over my shoulder or be concerned for my safety. You can find students sitting on benches outside the campus on their laptops, writing in notebooks, or even just talking to each other. Nearby the campuses there's stores and restaurants to be found for the student's benefit. The first day I went to class I already felt at home. I just knew this was the place for me. The Community College of Baltimore County has many opportunities for academic and personal growth. I've definitely grown academically and within myself. I'm extremely glad that I gave this college a chance because it's changing my life for the better. If you choose this school I hope it changes yours as well.

I really enjoy my time at the college. I am a duel enrollment student so I am only there part time and in high school part time. The professors are very accepting, I have never been treated differently because I am younger. The course selection is huge! It is a great start.

Vctoria

I started in the fall of 2016, I enjoyed my classes as much as a normal college student could. Morning classes tend to be the lest busiest rather then the afternoon classes. Professors are typically available during their office hours. Overall campus was very clean and organized.

Brishae

I believe the college has a lot of potential. Some professors are great and some need to update their teaching style in order to keep up with different learning styles. As far as the students getting help to be on the right path, advisors are always available to you. A negative side to that is if you're thinking about planning ahead and making sure you're set for beyond CCBC they aren't too much of a help. They just want you to worry about the semester that you're in and make sure you get through that first even if your grades proves that you're consistent.

CCBC is not the best of schools or the worst of schools. I have not had much success with the Academic Advising department throughout the years. I feel that they focus more on new students from high school than any adult students who need guidance. I think that the cost of community college is a bit high for the amount of service and quality of supplies that are provided. It is hard to maintain a work/school balance as an adult.

Kenneth

Good school im attending fall

morenikeji

The Community College of Baltimore County is really a good place to learn especially because they are open to different cultures and their instructors are excellent in their teachings. They make sure students understand what they teach and there are no stereotypes,

Gold

I am enrolled in the Honors Program and I can say its a very good environment to learn, knowing that help is provided in other to transfer. I get support in applying for scholarships and I get scholarships per semester from the honors program as far as I obtain a 3.5 G.P.A or higher. But, I there are a lot of setbacks for International students, most times it leads to missed opportunities which is alone heartbreaking when you can do more but your immigration status puts a hold on you.

Joanna

The school is great and very social. There are very nice people all around campus, and the teachers are very helpful at times. In classes the teachers try to make sure you understand the material, but not all teachers. The school has a great eating area, but is a little on the expensive side. There are many places to sit comfortably and study. For example, their is a library with nice seats, and a quiet study area were there is no noise.

Mo'Nique

CCBC is very helpful with getting a student the resources they need to get through school. It's a great college to start with and advance. They have a great tutoring center and the teachers are always there to help and the class size is great for hands on students.

Lianna

All though the college has its positive aspects, almost half of the professors seem annoyed by students questions or lack of comprehension on certain academic fronts. The campus is small but easy to navigate and provide limited options for meal consumption. Over all it is not a bad institution to begin your education, just be prepared and utilize all of the programs in place to help you pass.

It’s a good start but I want to transfer to Towson after my 2 years here. The professors are nice and they respond to emails quickly from my own personal experiences. They help and we have people ready to help in every way possible in the student service center every day

Kalyn

It's a good College but I wish they had more extracurricular activities. I was looking for some but the choices didn't seem interesting. But they have good teachers and resources. And I enjoy attending the school. Oh and the food pretty decent too.

Quishaun

I think that the Community College of Baltimore County is a well-rounded institute of higher learning that provides all students from various ethnic backgrounds and walks of life to have multiple opportunities to excel at achieving a degree in higher education. The Community College of Baltimore County has an auspicious team of professors, faculty, and staff here to assist every student with their every need at any time requested. There are a plethora of academic resources for students who are struggling with course material and many advanced options for scholastic empowerment. It is an excellent college to build the foundation for a brighter future.

Rasaundra

CCBC is a great college to attend because the professors really care so the education is high quality. There are many resources available with tutoring, career services, internships, scholarships, and organizations and faculty on campus that are always available

Aryeh

A great community college with lots of opportunities for learning and growth. I have specific schedule requirements because I'm in another program and they have been willing to work with me for a lot of issues, including course transfer or waiving certain requirements for coursework where I've been able to prove that I have the knowledge needed.

Alexander

"See what you can be." The newest mission statement or slogan is a false hope for students hoping to further themselves academically. While The Community College of Baltimore County is in fact a community college, one does hope for a graduation rate higher than seven percent in the school that they are spending their time and money on. I do not mean this to sound harsh. There are some teachers that are sincerely dedicated to their profession and make students see the value of returning after the first week. However, this has only been my experience in 50% of my classes. Luckily, I've had at least one inspiring and higher quality teacher each semester; otherwise, I may have needed to take time off to rethink my choice of an establishment of higher learning. This community college may in fact be on par with others, however, I do not have the experience to weigh in on the competition. There are certainly some shinning beacons of hope in the faculty, which is the main reason that I keep returning. My aim is to continue my academic career and help to boost the dismal graduation rate. Even though my contribution may be small, I hope to see myself become part of the seven percent.

Michele

Community colleges are often criticized for not having the same academic standards as a four-year institution. When it comes to CCBC, this is a fallacy. I have had, what can only be described as an exemplary experience. The most valuable asset a college has are its professors and CCBC has some of the best. These people are truly vested in the success of their students. I have not only gained an education, I've been inspired to move on and continue that education with confidence. CCBC has given me a solid foundation to build from and provided me with all the tools I need to be successful in my further educational endeavors.

Abdulsalam

The Community College of Baltimore County is a school that can never be described but it can be felt. This school tops any other school i have ever encountered. the facilities, the activities, the learning curriculum etc, can not be matched by any other college

Breya

They could be way better as far as registration and financial aid services. Also the teachers are better than others as in , some want to do their job more than others. Also a handful of the teachers want u to succeed and be successful in the future .

Jada

I like CCBC, students there really like to represent their school. When the students are involved in the after school activities they give 110% especially their sports.

Shane

It’s a very wholesome school. An environment where I can feel safe and grow as a student and a person.

Oyindamola

CCBC is an amazing and affordable school, I am currently a dual enrollment student and registration is very straightforward. The only aspect that i'm not to fond of is the social life. Its hard to make friends because there aren't many on-campus activities to partake in. Overall i am having an awesome time here.

Leslie

I AM A NEW UPCOMING STUDENT. I HAVE BEEN TO THE CAMPUS A FEW TIMES. EVERY TIME I AM THERE EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY, ENCOURAGING AND HELPFUL.

bianca

The best school I have attended so far!

Patti

I really enjoy the school, they offer many different classes in my degree program at different campus locations which is nice as well as they are offered in the evening which works for me. The college offers many different clubs to join as well as extracurricular activities such as sports and theatre