Pensacola, FL
The University of West Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of West Florida

Desiray

I have a very high opinion of the University of West Florida. The class size makes it to where I can have relationships with my professors. The professors know how to explain the subjects well and make sure you know what they are talking about. The campus is beautiful and they do their best to keep students safe.

I have been here for one semester and I love it so much. It quickly became my home! There is a mix of everything for any student. I know a lot of students that go out and party with their greek life, but most of my friends are studious. We often engage in intense debates or find ways to enhance our level of culture. The downtown of Pensacola is rich in art and history ( and bars if you go at night). Pensacola is very diverse, but there may not seem to be much to do in the beginning; however, if you look around (or ask a local) it's amazing the little adventures you can find. The professor's here are really amazing and try very hard to get to know their students. They are approachable and understanding. UWF is an amazing school that I would recommend to anyone looking to explore themselves and experience college to the fullest.

Jaci

I love this school! It is the perfect combination of a big school campus with a homey small school feel. All of the staff has set you up for success and our school spirit in incomparable. Go Argos!

Tiffany

I think that I am considering this college because it has a really good journalism program and is a great school.

My sisters

My sisters

My sisters went here and they say it's pretty good but they had problems with people constantly changing the requirements for their majors.

conner

The classmates I have at the University of West Florida come from diverse backgrounds, but all are a pleasure to attend school with. I have yet to run into an encounter when someone is unwilling to help me, be it class work or directions to a building. I have met a plethora ofpeople from different backgrounds the give me a wider and more knowledgable perspective of the citizens of our country, and even those from other countries.

I consider the location of my school the best thing about it! UWF is located right next to Escambia Bay, so I get the pleasure of looking out over the bay everyday before I start class and everyday when I leave class. Also, the university is located only 20 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. So on days when i don't have homework, I am able to go to the beach and just relax with all of my friends.

Youdeline

The University of West Florida is a great school. I consider it a small school but my major is History so my classes are small, it's nice because everyone can participate and we're not all fighting to get noticed. The campus is large and hilly, it is very easy to get your daily exercise by walking across the campus. I would say the best thing about the school is the teachers they know your name and they work with you. The only significant complaint is about parking spaces, a lot of people commute and those spots fill up fast.

In all of my years being at The University of West Florida I have never really seen any Jocks or geeks or people that you can identify as frat. The people that are on the baseball, basketball or soccer teams are involved in other clubs as well. The president of a fraternity was on my mock trial team and I did not know that he was in a fraternity until someone else on my team mentioned it. I do know of so people that smoke weed but I would not qualify them as stoners. Since my school has an assortment of students everybody gets a chance try anything.

I love that my school offers night classes, it's great for people that work during the day or people that are night owls. All of my classes are fun but my favorite class would probably be Cold War and Film. It is a night class so the teacher assigned a group to bring food. It's awesome! In all of my classes participation is mandatory which I love because the more questions we ask the more we learn. My major is History and it is not the biggest department so the students are on first name basis with their teachers. The advisor is really cool and she went to the school too so she tells us what to expect from classes. I don't have any classes that I don't like I just have classes that require more time and effort to stay on top.

You're itching to get away from home and be your own person, I know. Dad doesn't understand you, his wife is twice as bad, and mom cries when she stares at you for prolonged periods of time. You will miss it. Dad wants what's best for you and you'll learn to love his wife because you know he does. Mom will be your voice of reason in times when you need to cry. Leaving home is a beautiful idea in theory, but I promise that you will be lonely despite being surrounded by tons of people. Find Aimee Powell. She's a really good influence on you. Don't get too busy planning for later that you neglect what's happening right now. If you take care of yourself in the present, the rest will come with time. Also, the things that suffocate you now will be your breath of fresh air when you're gone. Hug your brother every chance you can and tell everyone you love what they mean to you. Most importantly, maintain your relationships with everyone you can, and nurture the new ones. You can't do it alone.

Anyone that is willing to keep a positive attitude and work hard. The means to succeed are here as long as there is some effort put in by the student.

Someone who doesn't handle stress well. Often times at this school, small things happen that upset me that I really can't do anything about. Things that could be avoided if the administration worked a little harder or cared a little bit more. Also, people with diet restrictions. The options are not adequate.

Ishmael

I would tell myself that no matter what challenges you face, never give up or get discouraged. As long as you do your best on everything you do, you didn't fail. Never feel ashamed to ask someone for help, even when you think you don't need it. Other people have different ways of solving problems and their way could make it easier for you to understand. Always take advantage of any extra credit opportunities that you teachers provide. The extra credit will always help your grade and it also shows your teacher that you are dedicated to making a good grade. Always get your work done early because it will give you time to thoroughly complete the assignment. Waiting until the last minute to do something will almost always hurt your grade.

The teacher are very knowledgable in their career field. They are always willing to help any student in need.

The food isn't always the best. It's usually rhe same thing every week.

Kyle

One of the things that the University of West Florida is best known for, is having one of the top Maritime Studies departments in the country. No other Maritime Studies program in the U.S. is as diverse as UWF's. The program is incredibly flexible, as it allows students to tailor their degree program to their individual interests. Students complete their degree programs with elective courses from a wide range of disciplines such as Anthropology/Archaeology, Marine Biology, Environmental Studies, History, Art History, Literature, Law, Political Science, and Leisure Studies. The Maritime Studies department is one of a kind.

If I could go back in time and give the high school senior "me" any advice, I would tell myself to dive in deep. I would tell myself to chase curiosity down every road and winding path. I would tell myself that the only was to failure, the only way to truly lose in life, is not to try. I would tell myself that the education that college provides is not only in the classroom, but in the time between classes. Your education comes from the people you meet and the friends that you'll make. It comes from the advice from a caring professor that might not sink in until a few years down the road at just the right time. It comes from the challenges and the struggles, and the will to finish what you start. Most of all, if I could tell myself anything, I would tell myself to have courage. I would post Aristotle's quote to the inside of my eyelids: "Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others."

I can only speak for the Maritime Studies degree, but if a person is interested in any aspect of the maritime environment, UWF is the school to attend. From marine biology classes to oceanography, marine archaeology to environmental law, the courses are outstanding. Whether you want to work on the political side of conservation, or in the field, or whether you want to focus on anthropology and ship dives, there's a well rounded curriculum to achieve your goals. UWF is relatively small and personable with dedicated educators and a great student body.

The University of West Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.