Pensacola, FL
The University of West Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of West Florida

Quincie

Classmates are very diversed in opinion and most are egar to learn.

Classmates are very diversed in opinion and most are egar to learn.

I f i had the chance to address my younger self, I would let her know that although she should enjoy high schoolshe should take advantage of every oppurtuniy handed her. I would also let her know that the road ahead is not easy, there are a lot of obsticles that she is gonna face, but it is just to make her stronger. I would tell her that there is a whole knew world that she is in for, so gear up with the most important things : an openmind, a hunger to learn, and with a sense of who you are. I would warn her of the very long road that lies ahead, that the are going to be times where everything she knows is tested. In those times, i would tell her to turn to those who keep you grounded. I would tell her to welcome some change with open arms, that not all changeis bad event tho it hurts. I would let her know that pain will fade, and there is light at the end, you just got to keep going.

This campus would be ideal for a student who enjoys ruarl settings, a small campus , and a small community of people. Everyone in this school, do to its small size tends to be reconginize each other. Students who enjoy one on one attention for teacher will be please to know the UWF has a student teacher ratio of one to twenty-five. This campus is the perfect campusfor students who do not enjoy the big city life and instead like the family feel of a small community.

Christine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself, first and foremost save money for a rainy day just in case I needed to pay out of pocket for books and any other supplies you need in a certain period of time which I had to pursue. Next I would tell myself, do not stress myself over college and how "hard" people claim it is because when I started last semester, it was better than high school. The teachers and labs will help out as much as they can to make me understand the material, but more than half of the time the material is easy to understand. Also, I would tell myself not to worry about leaving my old friends, because it is actully fun getting to know people from all around the country and from different backgrounds and create many connections.

If there are any worst things about my university, they are most likly resolving the problem. I pretty much like everything since I started school there.

I believe everyone should attend my university! The University of West Florida has great professors and great learning outcomes. My university strives to push diversity, in which there are many organizations that will fit anyone's needs. We strive to not leave anyone behind. If someone is in need of help, it is always avaliable, especially when I was a first time freshman last semester.

Avery

The University of West Florida provides a natural learning environment with modest class sizes that allow for a convenient student-teacher connection.

My classmates are a friendly, diverse, and driven individuals that all have an urge to succeed.

Avery, you are doing great in school so far, keep it up. After your senior year of high school ends, you will have the privilege of entering a whole new world of education. Try to prepare for the extra responsibilities that are to come such as filling out FAFSA forms as early as possible, choosing the right college of your dreams, and applying for as many scholarships as you can. There are so many scholarship opportunities out there that go unoticed simply because students fail to search for them. Nothing of true value is free and you have to work even harder than you are currently working in high school. Additionally, there are individuals in life who wont give you a chance or want to see you fail so be mindful of the company that you keep. Stay focused by always keeping your future in mind and avoiding compromising situations such as getting drawn into an unsafe, party atmosphere. Your entire academic future can be given or taken away in an instant if you lose your focus. Lastly, follow your passion for music, because regardless of the common "starving musician" stereotype, denying your passion will starve you of your happiness.

Colt

I would give myself the adivce to take schooling more seriously. During my first year at the University of West Florida, I didn't take my classes seriously, and so my GPA took a hard hit. It is nothing I can take back now, but I learned from that mistake and am building my GPA.

When I first chose this school, the best thing about it was it's love of the environment. It is set back an several hundred acres of forested land. Recently however, The University of West Florida has begun deforestation heavily within the campus and it's really getting rid of the beautiful environmental aspect that it claims to have. The best thing now about the school is the food and it's gym.

The University of Florida is a local, convenient, and flexible university that strives for excellence in the majors provided and are always there to assist inside and outside the classroom.

Many high school seniors wish they could go back in time to change those careless decisions they made. In my case, I went to a collegiate high school and had to make an early decision regarding my major. I didn't know that I would be changing my major and having to re-think my course of study. I know i'm still young and it's an experience, but the advice I would give to myself if I were to go back in time is to ask myself if the major I was pursuing was what I really wanted to do. I am now pursuing a major that I love, but it took me an extra semester to figure it out. I am unable to go to the university of my choice as a freshman, but I hope to enter as a tranfer in the spring. In other words, choosing a major that suits a specific student is a significant decision and should be observed in every angle. I sure wish I had someone there to ask me more questions about my future that would allow me to branch off and choose the major that i'm currently pursuing.

In my opinion, the worst characteristic of the University of West Florida is that the University has a limited selection of majors. I am a civil engineering major; however, just to aquire hours, I am picking up a minor in computer engineering.

Ellen

Dear Ellen Slow down. Don't swear so much. Your story is only just beginning, but you are still impacting the people around you permanently. Take more time to nuture your friendships, but know when to let people go. Treat everyone you meet with respect and kindness. Remember that yours are not the worst problems in the world. Push past complications and pay them no mind. Keep pushing on. You will achieve your dream if you really believe, and I know that you do. Use every stone they throw as a stepping stone. You are smarter than you know and capable of so much more than you have every imagined. Best of luck my dear, you will amaze yourself and everyone around you.

Karilynn

Love, accept, and embrace who you are. Be kind and gentle with yourself, because you are worth it. Remind yourself that are truly the greatest gift you can give to yourself and the world, because you are uniquely you. Know that life is going to have it's joyful moments and depressing moments, but you will remain loved and worthwhile through it all, and nothing can take that away. You can do it. I love you.

christina

I droped out of high school because i became pregnant. I would tell myself not to drop out but to hang in there an education will make you and your childs life better. College is nothing like high school, it is way more chalenging in a good way.

If I could go back and give myself advice, then I would let myself know that it is possible. I would give myslef more confidence in my scholastic career . I would also tell myself to really shoot for my dreams because know I know that they are possible.

Peole that want to have small classes and personal expreinces.

Jeannie

Its a large beautiful campus filled with beautiful people, very laid back, students like the beach life, flipflops, parties, and dancing.

As a new student I was advised by the junior college I attended that I should attend the junior college as a general student and transfer later to a four year college to complete masters of nursing instead of gaining admittance to the junior college RN-associates program that I wanted to complete. I came from a blue collar background and was the first person in my family to attend college and it would have been much better advice for me complete the RN-AS at the junior college and later finish the Bachelor of Science in Nursing after I had entered the workforce with my associates degree. I had very limited funds and social support and this option would have fitted my needs much better. Not every student has the financial reality of being able to be an immeadiate student for four to six years and this needs to be taken into account when making degree plans.

Those with very conservative views or those who value the northeastern preppy lifestyle.

The University of West Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.