Pensacola, FL
The University of West Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of West Florida

Avery

The University of West Florida provides a natural learning environment with modest class sizes that allow for a convenient student-teacher connection.

My classmates are a friendly, diverse, and driven individuals that all have an urge to succeed.

Avery, you are doing great in school so far, keep it up. After your senior year of high school ends, you will have the privilege of entering a whole new world of education. Try to prepare for the extra responsibilities that are to come such as filling out FAFSA forms as early as possible, choosing the right college of your dreams, and applying for as many scholarships as you can. There are so many scholarship opportunities out there that go unoticed simply because students fail to search for them. Nothing of true value is free and you have to work even harder than you are currently working in high school. Additionally, there are individuals in life who wont give you a chance or want to see you fail so be mindful of the company that you keep. Stay focused by always keeping your future in mind and avoiding compromising situations such as getting drawn into an unsafe, party atmosphere. Your entire academic future can be given or taken away in an instant if you lose your focus. Lastly, follow your passion for music, because regardless of the common "starving musician" stereotype, denying your passion will starve you of your happiness.

Colt

I would give myself the adivce to take schooling more seriously. During my first year at the University of West Florida, I didn't take my classes seriously, and so my GPA took a hard hit. It is nothing I can take back now, but I learned from that mistake and am building my GPA.

When I first chose this school, the best thing about it was it's love of the environment. It is set back an several hundred acres of forested land. Recently however, The University of West Florida has begun deforestation heavily within the campus and it's really getting rid of the beautiful environmental aspect that it claims to have. The best thing now about the school is the food and it's gym.

The University of Florida is a local, convenient, and flexible university that strives for excellence in the majors provided and are always there to assist inside and outside the classroom.

Many high school seniors wish they could go back in time to change those careless decisions they made. In my case, I went to a collegiate high school and had to make an early decision regarding my major. I didn't know that I would be changing my major and having to re-think my course of study. I know i'm still young and it's an experience, but the advice I would give to myself if I were to go back in time is to ask myself if the major I was pursuing was what I really wanted to do. I am now pursuing a major that I love, but it took me an extra semester to figure it out. I am unable to go to the university of my choice as a freshman, but I hope to enter as a tranfer in the spring. In other words, choosing a major that suits a specific student is a significant decision and should be observed in every angle. I sure wish I had someone there to ask me more questions about my future that would allow me to branch off and choose the major that i'm currently pursuing.

In my opinion, the worst characteristic of the University of West Florida is that the University has a limited selection of majors. I am a civil engineering major; however, just to aquire hours, I am picking up a minor in computer engineering.

Ellen

Dear Ellen Slow down. Don't swear so much. Your story is only just beginning, but you are still impacting the people around you permanently. Take more time to nuture your friendships, but know when to let people go. Treat everyone you meet with respect and kindness. Remember that yours are not the worst problems in the world. Push past complications and pay them no mind. Keep pushing on. You will achieve your dream if you really believe, and I know that you do. Use every stone they throw as a stepping stone. You are smarter than you know and capable of so much more than you have every imagined. Best of luck my dear, you will amaze yourself and everyone around you.

Karilynn

Love, accept, and embrace who you are. Be kind and gentle with yourself, because you are worth it. Remind yourself that are truly the greatest gift you can give to yourself and the world, because you are uniquely you. Know that life is going to have it's joyful moments and depressing moments, but you will remain loved and worthwhile through it all, and nothing can take that away. You can do it. I love you.

christina

I droped out of high school because i became pregnant. I would tell myself not to drop out but to hang in there an education will make you and your childs life better. College is nothing like high school, it is way more chalenging in a good way.

If I could go back and give myself advice, then I would let myself know that it is possible. I would give myslef more confidence in my scholastic career . I would also tell myself to really shoot for my dreams because know I know that they are possible.

Peole that want to have small classes and personal expreinces.

Jeannie

Its a large beautiful campus filled with beautiful people, very laid back, students like the beach life, flipflops, parties, and dancing.

As a new student I was advised by the junior college I attended that I should attend the junior college as a general student and transfer later to a four year college to complete masters of nursing instead of gaining admittance to the junior college RN-associates program that I wanted to complete. I came from a blue collar background and was the first person in my family to attend college and it would have been much better advice for me complete the RN-AS at the junior college and later finish the Bachelor of Science in Nursing after I had entered the workforce with my associates degree. I had very limited funds and social support and this option would have fitted my needs much better. Not every student has the financial reality of being able to be an immeadiate student for four to six years and this needs to be taken into account when making degree plans.

Those with very conservative views or those who value the northeastern preppy lifestyle.

Alexis

My school is a public university , yet not many students. My school is not expensive like most schools, my school university of west florida is a home-like environment and community. UWF campus is known for its nature enivornment.

Know what you want to purse as a career or at least something in the field , so you will know what courses you will need to take; because when you keep changing your major you could have been taking irrelevant classes. Make sure you pay all your dues to the college because if not it can stop you from registering for classes and other things. Make sure you surround yourself with well rounded people in other words people who know how to have fun but also know when it is time to hit the books. Make sure you know how many classes you can handle and the time of day you take them.

Michelle

Young and sheltered. When I attended Virginia Tech, the students MOVED to school.. they did not commute to school. Most Virginia Tech students were nearly living on thier own, or ready to do so once school was done. UWF students seem to get a LOT of support from their local families.

Being the only University in Pensacola. Building new dorms on campus to accomodate more students. Expected to have a football team of some sort in the near future.

I would wish that I was not told "You can be anything"... I thought I could be "everything". With all the guidance, direction, and short-leashes, I had growing up, I was suddenly thrust into college life thinking I could do/be it all. But suddenly, I had a lot of "me" searching to do in college, while constantly being hounded by the folks about what I was going to be after school- this part they did dictate to me. For those 4 years, I did not realize that it was my time to make choices. I knew I liked "critters", was good at problem solving, and was repeatedly drawn to people that needed help (but not needy, whiney people). I started in Biology, then Psychology, and ended up with a BS in Marketing Management. Ten years later I went back and got a BS Psychology. But, I'm still not done. I wish now, that I knew that the few "less than stellar" grades (anything below a B) earned during my first BS would stack up... resulting in 204credits, and a terminal 2.9788888... will require years of 3cr/As to create a competative GPA for Graduate school.

The University of West Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.