Trine University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Trine University

Carol

I love Trine University. When I visited I was immediately drawn to the the campus and the staff and students. The atmosphere was so positive and welcoming and felt like home. Even now it feels like home. Everyone is always so nice and wanting to help you in anyway they can. The professors are so invested in their students lives it makes us feel welcomed and motivated to actually do well in school.

Noah

Trine University is a clean and professional school. The campus is small and convenient. The percent of students that get a job in their major is above ninety percent. This is a great school for opportunity and dedication. They have multiple sports teams at multiple different levels for all students to participate at.

London

Trine University is a good college for hands on, personal learning. They are good at reaching out to students and helping them study, work, or other necessary factors in school. Trine is also good at answering questions, and even if somebody doesn't know, you can always find somebody to point you in the right direction. This college and their staff helped a lot with the moving, financial, and comprehension part of college. They made the most stressful parts of college so much simple and easy to understand.

Kayle

One thing that i enjoy about Trine is how small the classes are. They are about 30 students per teacher so it is easier to learn and ask questions. I also love how professors are accessible basically everyday during their office hours which usually last for a couple of hours. The campus is also very safe and the food is decent.

jayda

This school is great for the value. When I came to a visit day last year, I felt at home immediately and did not want to attend any other college. My admissions counselor was extremely helpful with everything, from helping me with financial aid to getting the paperwork done. When I moved on campus, I had no trouble adapting to the environment. The school is small and is located in a rural community, which was a plus for me because I came from a small high school. I literally cannot go anywhere on this campus without running into another student I know, or one of my peers. The academics, in my opinion, are great. The professors actually care about you and will check in on you from time to time to make sure that you are doing okay. Granted, they will not baby you, but they do offer great resources when you need help and are willing to help you and see you excel. There are literally tutoring classes for everything on campus, and a writing center for those who need help with a paper. There are also a lot of events that happen on campus. There are a lot of sports, movie nights, student activities, and club activities that happen as well. Even the locals join in with the fun, especially when it comes to ice skating at the Thunder Ice Arena. Overall, I have no complaints about campus other than that the train goes through campus all of the time. Yes, the school is expensive. Yes, there are minor things that could be improved. But honestly, this school is worth it and I highly recommend it if you come from a small high school.

Corinne

If you love the small-town feel of college, then Trine University is for you. I absolutely love it here. Campus staff is always friendly and they remember you if you visit with them on a regular basis. Here at Trine, you're not just another number. You are a student and your opinion matters to them. Most students are friendly and outgoing and there is an endless amount of activities for students to do on and off campus. The professors are friendly and are always willing to help a student if they are having issues understanding the material. Overall, I love it at Trine University and would not change a thing.

Adrien

Trine University is overall provides excellent education to their students and allows for good resources to take them from the classroom to the job field. The teachers are usually very accessible and the small class sizes make it easier to find help when needed. On the down side though, the quality of the facilities are far from great and are not worth the $40k tuition cost.

Kirsten

It has good academics. Lots of pre health programs. I wish there were more health organization and clubs. Most of the clubs and organizations are engineering which seems to be the main focus of this school. The class and campus size is small. Pretty quiet during the week and weekend

Christian

It is a relatively small school, but the opportunities are huge. The school offers amazing help with everything you need, and they have all the resources to help one better their education. The Trine faculty are dedicated to helping the students become more involved in their schooling, and are always there when you need a hand.

Joseph

I think it is a great school. I have participated both in the marching band and baseball. The class size ratio is excellent and the professors are accessible and are eager to help. Campus life is excellent for a small school. There is plenty to do.

Katie

Overall, I loved Trine University. I loved the campus atmosphere. Since it is such a small campus you are able to meet lots of new people and make close friends. I loved how much support the athletics gets there not only from the students on campus but the community as well. I played on the women's hockey team there this last year and I can honestly say it was one of the greatest years of my life. Trine also offers great academics. I found the class sizes and professors very accommodating throughout the school year.

Kathleen

There is a large parking problem because there aren't enough space with the incoming freshman. The campus safety have been really difficult and giving a lot of tickets enen though we can't do anything about our situation. I have a work study job, it works around my schedule.

SHANNON

So far I haven't found anything I don't like about Trine. The food is good, you have many options between Whitney Commons, Centennial Station, The Bean Counter, and The Depot. The buildings are clean and the staff are all amazing and very friendly. The dorm life is absolutely amazing. The dorms are clean and comfortable; you make great friendships with the individuals in your dorm as well as outside your dorm. The teaching staff like to get you involved to give you a more well rounded college experience and you can make many new memories. The academics are amazing, and you will not find a professor here that does not care about your education. They become more then your professors because they are involved in your education more then just teaching you. Your professors are by your side while your here supporting you and pushing you to strive for a better, well rounded self. I play football and basketball and my counselors help me to fit everything into my schedule giving me plenty of time to rest and to support my other friends in their sports etc. There are so many things to attend and do on campus. Everyone is amazing and the campus is absolutely beautiful. It is an overall great University to be a part of and to experience college life at. I'm glad to be attending as a freshman this fall.

SHANNON

Austyn

I love this college and the opportunities provided. There are plenty of places to get involved, including a Christian Campus House and intermeral sports. There are many sports, including multiple hockey teams, golf, men's and women's volleyball, and cheer and dance. We also have a large Greek life.

Guillermo

Trine University is a small beautiful campus. The food the provided is decent because they provide different food daily. There are other small places to eat on campus. From the depot which is amazing, bean counter, and centennial station provide different varieties of coffee. We have small classrooms, which can lead to one to one with the professors whenever they are available.

My overall opinion of Trine University is that you really do become part of a family here, everyone looks out for each other. Trine has strong values and puts their students first. They make sure parents and students know their level of importance of faith, family, school and then athletics. Because although they have many athletic teams on campus, they want you to be well off in school as well.

Jayda

Trine University is a small campus that definitely feels like a second home. The student life is active, professors are usually accessible and quick to respond to emails, and there are many different opportunities for students to get involved. The college is mostly comprised of engineering majors, but there are other majors as well. The library is accessible 24/7 and campus safety is as well. The food is provided by Bon Appetit, a catering company that is known for its professionalism. While the food does have some odd experiments done to it, the food is pretty good most of the time. Housing, if you're living apartment style or in Riners honors, is comfortable. Traditional housing is what you can pretty much expect.

Mariam

I am an international student. When I came to Trine University, I was really welcomed well. Everyone was so good to me and the school made sure that I feel comfortable. Trine classes are great. Professors are always available for students. Keep it up Trine.

Trine University is a great school and has a great environment surrounding it. I loved attending the school and all of the people I got to interact with. It is a great place to visit, but an even greater place to attend school! I am grateful for the experience I had there.

Anna

I love Trine and I'm happy it's the university I chose to attend. It has a given me a life that high school me never thought possible. However, there are some things I wish I would have known before going in, such as that being a dry campus doesn't mean no one drinks, or that outside of engineering, specializing in a specific concentration in your major just isn't possible. Overall, I love this school, but there are some places where it could be doing better.

Christian

Trine is a safe, experience building, prideful school. I attended Trine my freshman year and I'm also trying to collect the funds to go back. With the finer living spaces and food quality tuition is pretty expensive. Yet the education and environment keep makes be want to come back.

Zharia

Trine University is a small campus where almost everyone knows each other. If you don't know someone, you definitely seen them before. The campus has many extra-curricular activities for student to partake in. If you don't do any extra activities then your college experience at Trine will be pretty boring and not enjoyable.

Josiah

Overall it wasn’t bad. I’ve been there for a college visit. The facilities are very nice and some are even new. The football field is not that big but the school isn’t really a big school in the first place. In all I think it’s a great school. Probably the main one that I’m considering.

Kayle

The main feature I love about trine the most is how small it is. Classroom sizes are rarely ever over 30 students which helps provide a warm and welcoming sense within the classroom the moment you walk in. Students all know each other by name, easily create study groups amongst themselves, and eventually become friends outside of the classroom as well. The professors also know all of our names and even say "hi (insert name)" to us in the hallways. If anyone is ever missing, everyone notices, and if anybody is ever struggling or needs help, professors have office hours everyday after classes and any student in that classroom is also willing to help so long as you are not too shy to ask.

Trine has small class sizes which means professors will actually get to know you. They have a great engineering program, ranked one of the highest in the state of Indiana. Growing education department with great people. They are focused on teaching business and entrepreneurship as part of the program. They have a 97% placement rate after graduation which means a person can pay back their education expenses and become financially stable as soon as possible after graduation.

Alex

Trine University is a school that has a small populous, so this gives professors a chance to be one on one with the students. Classes contain at least 20 students; the most being 50 students. Campus life is peaceful and fun, there are a lot of things to do on campus and in town. We love our athletes and do our best to support them; this includes performing arts as well.