Tuskegee, AL
Tuskegee University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tuskegee University

Lowrysha

Very focused on academics, and very social. A place quite different if you grew up in a city, but something you get use to. Its very humbling, and a great place for pre-experience to the real world.

I would tell my self to stay focued no matter what the cirrcumstances are at home, because I can't change them. Tutoring would not be an option to miss and going to class everyday wouldn't be either. I would talk to my teachers frequently, and instead of going to parties on the weekends I would spend that time going over the work that I have already done and look over the work that will be presented the next week. Applying for more scholarships would have been a major goal that I would pursue, and achieve. Also going to counseling would be a big help considering all the things that went on and would go on in my life during that time. My social life would be a lot less knowing that my studies are much more important and I would have plenty of time to hang out and relax with my friends. I would also have ran track the first year so I can get an athletic scholoarship, that have being my motivation to keep my grades up. Last I would have taking my first college summer to either go to summer school or get an internship.

I wish I would have known where I would be right now...at home sitting out a semester, working, paying out of pocket to get back in school. I would have been more focused on my studies and not focused on what was going on at home. Because no matter what was going on at home I was there in Alabama and my family was in Milwaukee. Through all the issues and problems, I still did and couldn't do nothing. In the end I messed my self up academically and financially. I would change me!!!

Jessimani

I wish I knew that the campus was huge and that it was over a mile to get to your classes.

A focused but yet party loving person should attend Tuskegee University, because TU is full of party's but you still have to be very focused to get by also.

Jordyn

I would prepare myself more. I would also become more independent on myself, and minimize asking from others so much. I would also start to develop stronger study habits, and time management. I would not worry about hanging out as much with friends because I've learned that could be a major distraction. I would also be a bit more organize with my work and papers

The history at Tuskegee University is the best thing at my school. Tuskegee University is a historically black college and was founded by poor ex-slaves. They had determination and goals to succeed and somehow educate themselves. To me to see the struggle they went through and all the hardwork they put into making the university what it is today, gives me hope to succeed. It also inspires me to push more towards my goals and overcome any obstacles I am faced with in life.

The worst thing at Tuskegee University is the residence halls. They are not in the best condition because Tuskegee believes in preserving the history of the dorms. They were built by the first students who attended Tuskegee. Today, most of them are falling apart, and they lack the standards that should be met for decent living conditions

Aiesha

A person who is not open to new obstacles and adventure in the classroom and outside the classroom should not attend this school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is when it comes to getting into your dorm or the school for that matter before class begins they sometimes give you the run around. Some semesters its easy to get in without a hassle and others its not.

Keondrea

Tuskegee University is known for its Vetinary School Program, as well as its history.

I would say to myself "Keondrea you have all the time in the world to grow up. As you decide on what college to attend consider the fact that you may possibly be 3000 miles away from home. Are you ready for that? I know that being away from home seems like you would have all the freedom in the world. Don't go across the country to prove the point that you can do things on your own. We both know your potential. Being in Alabama may teach you things about yourself, but the anxiety that it will bring you will not be worth it. You still need a little more grooming. You're just not ready to that far from home, and family support. Consider all your college choices, and choose the one that is most benificial to your current mentality. Be smart, and choose wisely."

In all honesty, there's not much here to brag about. I'm currently unhappy with the quality of my education and college lifestyle. I am in the process of applying to other schools and looking to transfer for the Fall 2011 semester. I can say that I do appreciate the fact that Tuskegee University offers a smaller class environment than other Universities.

Cherish

If I could go back in time and speak to myself when I was a high school senior I would say stop slacking off self. I would also say stop worrying about everything but school. Present Self: You need to shape up because this doing whatever you want and having no responsibilities is going to bite you in the rear if you don't shape up. Senior Self: Does it really matter? Present Self: Yes, because if you don't you are going to end up a mother of three busting your behind trying to get a degree at 28. In doing so you will start your career later and struggle with more stress than that of a young adult. Get your priorities straight and focus. Senior Self: Is it going to be that hard if I wait? Present Self: College isn't easy at any age but taking what you get in high school, applying yourself and dedication will get you further than not caring about your future. Senior Self: Well, if you are really from my future and you are telling me that the next ten years are going to be hard then I need to straighten up!

My classmates are intelligent, hilarious, friendly, creative, independent, and eager to learn new things.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell my high school self to not panic and be nervous on the first day. Everything will be fine and work out in the end. I would also tell myself to voice my opinion more and to be more outgoing. The friends you will make will be life time friends and the network and connections that comes out of those friendships will always help you out in the end. I would tell myself to not lose who you really are. College might be big but stay true to yourself. I would say stay the same nerd you are because in college, everyone is a nerd and that's a good thing. Have fun but also make sure you continue studying and working hard. You are in college for a reason and that is to get your education. You will come across some obstacles but being the strong person you are, you will get through them with ease and come out stronger. The last words I would say to my younger self is to never give up. Perserverance and faith is key in college.

The worst thing at my school is the living situation. Some of the dorms or apartments are quite old because Tuskegee is a national historic site. Therefore, there are maintenance problems along with availability and affordabilty.

Alexander

The school I attend Tuskegee University is a phenominal, historical and most pleasant place to gather my education from.

There are many things that I have established while attending college. One thing that is very important to me is to not procrastinate. The many times in high school when you were able to hand in late work, there are no opportunities like that in college. So if I could go back in time and give advice to myself on the way to get ready for college I would encourage myself to not procrastinate. I would express to myself that only hard work gets you through big things and that is all college is about. The many things would be to make smart decisions and make sure you adapt to the way of college. The college life is way different from the high school experience in vast ways. The one thing that many think about college is the partying, drinking, and smoking that peer pressure leads you to. The main reason this is important is because you may think its honky dory to do so but it is not. This just leads to getting ejected from college and wasting your time and money. So the one major thing is really just make the right choices once you get in college.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the length of it, because I have to walk far away to get to class.

Chauqana

My educational experience has taught me the value of hard work and perseverance. I have learned the importance of active reading and searching for knowledge and truth beyond the classroom. My hunger and desire to explore the world to use my knowledge and skills to help others is exciting and overwhelming. It has been a privilege and honor to attend college in this day and age. I understand the importance and necessity of education, and I want to pass that on to others. Education has opened doors for me that no man can shut. I am truly proud to be a college graduate. As an alumnus of Tuskegee University, I have learned what it actually means to embrace who you are and where you come from. Prior to attending Tuskegee, I was ashamed of being an African American. In my heart, I fought the core belief that being black was a curse. Enrolling in courses like Africana Philosophy and African American Literature gave me a deeper love and appreciation for my people and the struggle we have gone through. Now, I can proudly say that I am honored to be an African American despite how I am portrayed in society.

I wish i had know more about the area surrounding Tuskegee's campus. Tuskegee is a very poor town, and there are not a lot of places to shop. There are a few, but the places that have a greater quality of food and products are located outside of the town. I also wish I would have connected with the alumni chapter of New York City to connect and ask questions prior to coming to Tuskegee. It would have been nice to connect with the alumni of Tuskegee from New York.

I believe a person who is open to different views, religions, and people should attend this school. Tuskegee is truly a dynamic school because it teaches you the importance of hardwork, perseverence, and knowing who you are and being aware of the world around you. A person who is bold, outgoing, and ready to learn should attend Tuskegee.

Iritisen

I have gotton three important things out of college. Independence, friendships, and hardships. My reason to move from a big city to the small town of tuskegee was very dramatic ! I had to adjust to not see bright city light, and not hearing a lot of noice, not have public transportation and just having to make the best living in the country. I learned how to be independent. I didnt have my parents naging me andd i had to do my chool work or get kicked out. I learned with friends from High school that their not all goign to be your friend when you go away and come bak for break. I learned that my closest friends i have found in college. Lastly the hardship i've had to go throught with grades, money, eating healthy , and learning how to be an adult was a wake up call! I belive that every high school senior should attend at least one year of post secondary learning ! College life will grow you ,make you cry, bring you closer to you books and be the BEST time of your life ! :)

I consider the best timg about my school is the farm. Since im an animal scinece major and i enjoy hands on activities with the farm animals. I've never had up close encounters with farm animals and thats what really has put an spark in my goal to become a Vet. I appericate that the farm is close to campus !:)

Its BEAUTIFUL ! The weather is wonderful . I campus life i s great. I met a lot of new friends around the world and most of them i can tell are going to be life long. I appericate the hands on help with my teachers. the dorm life is nice :)

Tuskegee University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.