University of Idaho Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Idaho

Aleesea

Shabeli

Campus looks and smells like a farm. If you're not in greek you're considered boring and nobody. Most people who go here study agriculture, engineering or buisness so the majority of the people are farm like people or nerds. It's a party school because there's litrally nothing to do so people just party. Everyone who lives in Moscow are rednecks or farmers. The food is disgusting. I only lated a year in there

Jenna

Being a Vandal at the University of Idaho has come with a wide variety of leadership experiences and opportunities and has no shortage of clubs and organizations. While our Greek Life is relatively big, its infrastructure is loosely defined with all too many members treating their non-greek peers with elitist attitudes, creating an unfortunate divide within the University. That, and the many Deans missing from College Departments are easily the biggest cons in going to school here. However, these may be our University's only real short-comings, and they are easily solvable by students who are passionate about building a better community. Whether you want to run for an elected position for the Associated Students of the University of Idaho, host large-scale programs like Headphone Disco or Finals Fest, or want to take charge in community-based leadership and volunteer experience, there is something for everyone. Plus, with all the tutors and mentorship programs available, maintaining a qualtiy GPA is an accomplishable feat. With the variety of personality types and political stances found here at the University of Idaho, it's easy to say there is a group here for everyone. And once a part of the Vandal Family, always a part of the Vandal Family.

Leslie

When I first visited the University of Idaho, I knew I going to go there because I visualized myself walking up the sidewalk to my classes. The atmosphere is very friendly and it is very beautiful. The staff understand the life of a college student and we strive to get to our career path. I am very grateful for the opportunities and assistance here. We all have our difference, especially during and after the presidential elections, but we respect each others' opinions. I give my school 4 stars because I believe we can support our diversity more. I love the University of Idaho and I am proud to be a Vandal.

FATIMA

The University of Idaho is overall a great university. The school environment is welcoming and safe, majority of the student body is involved in extracurricular activities such as sports, student's organizations (clubs), or even in community activities.

Alicia

In my opinion, I would definitely recommend others to look into the University of Idaho as a school because there are so many different things available on campus. The campus is beautiful and living on campus or off a=campus, everything that you need is within driving distance.

amira

The University of Idaho has provided and motivated students with more than a handful of opportunities and experiences preparing them for the real world. I love the University of Idaho because it is small yet diverse. I feel welcomed and valued. I am constantly being encouraged to do my best and to strive for the impossible. The University of Idaho is a beautiful campus filled with those who aiming for the stars

karen

Bzzz. Pause. Bzzz. My eyes pop open and I dash out of bed to shut off my alarm. Don't want to wake the suite mates. What day is it? Friday. I look outside and it's snowing. Again? Come on. I wanted snow, but now this is just too much. The campus is illuminated in street lights, and I know I'm safe if I decide to go out for my morning walk even though it's snowing. Or I could just go to the Student Recreation Center. I know the university promotes healthy living and is generally tobacco and alcohol free. Most of the time I should say. Everything aside, I head down stairs to the dining hall, and ugh they're serving the same thing they serve every morning...soggy eggs, potatoes, and meat. Sugary pastries and donuts are on display. I head for the cereal bar and get myself a glass of chocolate soy milk. The vegetarian/vegan options are minimal, but at least they fill me up. Breakfast aside, I head to class. Other than the major classes like chemistry and calculus (this is a big research school) my English class is modestly sized with only twenty to thirty students. Most of my classes are like this. Next is the library. There's just been a renovation in the last year, so the four-floored building is updated for all my research needs. Later today, I'll head over to one of the many diverse and unique events we have on campus. I can't wait.

Kathy

I love my school! I am so glad that I made the decision to come here. The sizes of the classes are great, your professors are always available during their office hours. If there is the chance that you can't make it to their office hours they are willing to schedule a meeting with your, or if you send them an email they are for sure to get back to you with 24 hours.

Cheyenne

I love it here at the U of I! I couldn't have imagined having this much care from the professors and staff and to get a good education as well as being surrounded by other students who are as into learning as I am. We also have plenty of opportunities for people from all walks of life which is incredible.

BreAnne

The University of Idaho is a wonderful place to attend! Although it is more expensive than other schools, the familiarity you have with the people around you make it worth it. The University of Idaho is the kind of place where you can walk into the dining hall at anytime and immediately pick out 15-20 people that you recognize, even if you don't recognize them. It's the kind of school that creates bonds with people that you haven't even met before. You can go to a random community event, see someone in a Vandals Marching Band jacket, and go talk to them about school and it's entirely normal. The University of Idaho is the kind of school that sticks with you for a lifetime, and the kind of school that cares about you as a person. You aren't just a number at the University of Idaho, you are individually important.

Soe

It a fine school, just like any other school. However, If you want to involve yourself even more. Than take on the leadership role provided by the University Housing. or you could just participate in the event that happen on campus, which could help you leading up to open up more.

Gabrielle

being so close to the out door for weekend outdoor fun to take the stress off. To a vicegerent campus life and a safe layed back environment. and being so close to TWO major cites one that it resides in and the other only being 10 minits away there's always food and night life to explore. If this college has your program you should already be there.

jenny

I mean the atmosphere is pretty great, but I believe greek life is a pretty big part at the University. I mean at some times as a freshmen I feel as if you're not part of a greek organization it's as if you can't become a higher part in the university such as student government, but in general I feel as if it's a pretty good school. But in general all schools have there problems.

Martina

I came to the University of Idaho because I toured it and fell in love with the campus. It is a gorgeous, historic campus that gives you that stereotypical academia feel. From ivy-covered brick, to luscious full-grown trees, this campus is beautiful to boot. After falling in love with the campus itself, I enrolled as a student and soon came to realize that the university itself is incredible as well. The class sizes are small and I get to feel engaged in every discussion that is held. I have become involved with the housing staff and we work on putting on great FREE events for thousands of students. There are ample opportunities for anyone and everyone to find a home at the University of Idaho. I am an advocate for Alexander Astin's Involvement Theory in the world of higher education. I have seen time and time again that students who devote time to studying, spend time on campus, participate in student organizations, and interact frequently with faculty and other students are wildly successful in comparison to those who do not do these things. I can say with full confidence that the University of Idaho fosters an environment in which all four of these factors of involvement can be implemented by every student with ease. The university has a large tutoring and academic coaching program, is actively working on adding more student spaces every year, is constantly adding and supporting student groups and organizations, and requires faculty to have office hours in which students can engage one-on-one with their educators. The university has really got this system figured out. I'm from a much bigger city, so the transition to small-town living wasn't easy by any means. The University of Idaho is located in Moscow, Idaho. It is a small town that honestly needs a little TLC. With that being said, the college life and the recent Livability review naming Moscow as the 'Best City to Raise a Family', the sleepy little town is seeing some improvements being put in place. More restaurants and businesses are being built. Some old, run-down establishments have been getting much needed face lifts. The town may need some work, but the city officials seem to be aware of it and seem to be actively working on maintaining and updating the town that they are very clearly proud to live in. If you want affordable schooling, affordable living, and an easier transition into adult living, I would highly recommend the University of Idaho. You will learn so much about yourself while being on your own, but you will find comfort in the small and intimate setting. Go Vandals!

Toni

It is a good place to start out at and meet new people. There are different cultures here that people bring with them or already here. The people here are friendly and kind. Just wanting to make sure we fit in and have friends. The campus setting is nice and fun to walk around to see all the different buildings, plants, the old mixed with the new.

Ariana

I believe it's a great school with plenty of opportunity. Professors and staff are always willing to work with you and serve you in any way they can. I believe that the biggest problem at the University of Idaho is campus safety. Recently, the University of Idaho was brought up with a sexual assault case and many more stories have came out since then. The university has not done such a great job on resolving these issues, let alone notice them. Other than that , I believe it is a great school.

Laura

The University of Idaho is a fun, homey school located in a small Idaho town called Moscow. As unappealing as a small town in Idaho may sound, Moscow is a community centered town that tries to encourage students to be a part of the community. Even if you're away from home, you'll find Moscow to be your new one very quickly. The school itself is very energetic and exciting, even on week nights. The freshman resident halls work tirelessly to get everyone involved and even Bobs Place has an interesting variety of meals. There's no doubt, everyone has a place at the University of Idaho. Go Vandals!

Jocelyn

I absolutely love the University of Idaho. It is a great school that stresses the importance of being involved and getting to know new people. We are one big family here! The faculty, academics, and extracurriculars are outstanding! I always feel safe and involved when I am at school. I'm so proud to call myself a Vandal!

JadeLyn

The University of Idaho was my dream school all my life. The day I started UI was the best day ever. It is such a beautiful school with such amazing people. I found a home in Greek life as well as at the University of Idaho. It has allowed me to grow tremendously as a person and has allowed me to find my true self and meaning in life. I can't wait to graduate and to tell my future children about all the amazing experiences I had while attending. Go Vandals!!

Delilah

There are some pretty interesting classes that I encourage anyone to take. The teachers I've had are really nice and great at what they teach. As a student worker here on campus at U of I, I can say that staff here is really great. I love it here.

Madysen

It is a great school, especially for the price. An affordable education can really help students get a good start on school, especially if they plan on going for a masters or doctorate degree. There are lots of clubs and activities available, which can be really valuable ties to students in their first year away from home!

Mason

I have already been accepted and my sister is currently attending. This will be the college I will graduate from

Molly

This is a wonderful school with a ton of advantages to it. It offers so many things (Academics, sports, arts, housing, etc.). You will be so happy to live here, and be happy to take almost every class. There is a downside, however. This school cares too much about money. They are willing to screw over any student (I experienced this first-handed through housing). They spend too much money trying to look good, and on sports. Instead, they should spend money more on the students education and making college for affordable. Overall, this school does offer a lot, cares about the well-being of the students, and works towards improving itself every single year. You won't find a better college.

george

Love it!! I love the greek system and the university. The structure of the school is wonderful. The library is majestic and always open to students who would like to access it. The professors are friendly and are here to make sure that all their students receive a great education.

Leah

The university is a great school. There are tons of tutoring and academic opportunities. Sports are fantastic including intramural. The psychology department is especially helpful we have peer advising so that it is easier to plan out classes. Most professors are caring and helpful. There are very few professors who only care about research. Overall the college is an excellent place to attend school.

As someone that grew up constantly moving, I found that University of Idaho feels like a true home. I joined a sorority during fall recruitment (Kappa Alpha Theta), and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. Our school is very academically focused, and that is our primary goal: to come and learn, to make the world a better place. University of Idaho is an amazing campus, with intelligent professors, and excellent students.

Abigail

The University of Idaho is a great school to attend after high school. As someone who is a little introverted I found no problem making friends on campus. Going to football games is so much fun, and I do not know anything about the sport, but it is just a fun atmosphere to be in because everyone gets really hyped for game days. College is about more then just having a social life which is why the class sizes are pretty small and don't typically go over thirty people although the general education classes do not always follow this rule. Overall the University is a great school to attend and I've always looked forward to coming back for the school year.

Farjahan

This is a very warm, friendly and welcoming campus for all the students. Teachers and staff are always there to help us.

Sienna

It is a good school for the price. If I had more money and in-state tuition wasn't such a big factor, I definitely wouldn't have gone here, though. The academics are the best part of the school; greek life is way bigger than I would prefer, and there are a lot of stupid party kids on campus, if that's your scene.

Trevar

I love it! The University of Idaho promotes an environment centered around academic achievement, community, school spirit. The professors care about student success and are willing to go out of their way to meet with students needing help. Clubs at the University of Idaho are HUGE, there is nearly any club for any point of interest. While our sports teams aren't nationally ranked, the players are passionate, encouraging, and focused on school spirit. The University of Idaho is a great place to learn and grow as an individual, GO VANDALS!

Coming to this college was one of the best decisions I made. I love the environment and the people I have grown to meet. The professors are about helping you succeed in the best way possible. Academics is really important to this school and I love how everybody is willing to help you understand a concept.

Tara

Its a beautiful campus the buildings are unique compared to other colleges. there is a downtown Moscow near by which is fun to visit. the people are friendly and easy to get along with there is a lot of culture which is pretty cool. the professors here are hard but they will help you out most of the time.

Kailyn

It is a good school in a college town, so it can be difficult to find things to do. The academics are good, but I wish there was more of an arts and culture influence here. On-campus housing, where I currently am, is good, but very expensive. I'll definitely be moving off-campus next year due to the expense. All my professors so far have been intelligent and communicative, only small pet peeves - no major issues.

U. of I. is a welcoming and engaging school. The faculty and students are eager to help. From my visits, this small yet beautiful campus appears to have a safe and friendly atmosphere with lots of opportunities to become involved in the daily life of fellow students and academics.

Romana

Initially, I chose to attend the University of Idaho only because my father is an employee and I receive discounted tuition. However, I have really enjoyed my time on campus and although it may not be the best or most prestigious school, it's perfect for an undergrad on a budget.

Jacob

Small enough to give the small campus feel, but large enough to provide the needed opportunities for success. Small classes that are thought by the professor, and provide a great environment to learn. I am very happy that I am attending, and plan to graduate within the next few years.

Melissa

The University of Idaho has a relatively small campus, with most classes being within walking distance. Many of the people who attend and work at this University seem friendly, respectful, or helpful. There are many opportunities to find places and people to study with on a regular basis. Overall, the University of Idaho is a small campus and is a great place for first-year college students who are looking for a less confusing experience than what they might find at larger Universities.

Hailey

My overall opinion of this school is very positive. I am in my senior year of high school, and I am planning on going to the University of Idaho in the fall. I have had the chance to tour the campus many times and I fall in love with it more and more. The student life and involvement are amazing and the professors are extremely helpful with classes and answer any questions that students may have. The campus is very beautiful and it is kept clean. The students all do their part in keeping the campus a healthy environment and also safe for all students that attend. I would recommend this college to everyone.

I have really enjoyed my first semester at UofI. The transition was exciting rather than scary and I've had a lot of fun meeting everyone, including professors. The food could be better quality at the cafeteria, but I'm also pretty picky. Overall I am happy with my decision to attend and cant wait to keep learning!

Chase

Chill place

Christina

I Love it!! #GoVandals. When I first applied for college, I was worried I would have the support I need to complete my first year of college. Here at the U of I, I have a lot of support whether its my family, professors, faculty, and even my friends that I have made. I love the University of Idaho!

Johanna

Honestly, I feel like University of Idaho just loves to get students enrolled. As far as individual attention and being available for meetings, financial aid, concern for overrall health, and such are concerned, it really has a lot of improvement to do. The University of Idaho Dean loves to keep increasing the enrollment total, but really lacks vision for improving campus community overall.

Lindsay

The University of Idaho is a great place for people to grow academically, and socially as well. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, especially with on-campus living. This school has most majors that not everywhere has. For me journalism was a huge factor, there department is amazing!

Ilse

I love the University of Idaho. I think it is the perfect sized campus/enrollment to be actively involved in numerous activities and clubs. The Greek community is something that we are proud of. Our academic standards are set very high and those who graduate with a University of Idaho degree are more likely to be hired than some from other Idaho colleges and Universities. It is an extremely safe and proactive campus with many resources that are available for students' health and safety. I think it is a great university with amazing students.

Danielle

University of Idaho receives a bad reputation due to drugs and alcohol use, but it's so easy to avoid, especially if you're not a part of a fraternity or sorority. Their amazing academics, classes, and staff are overlooked by those who do not attend the school. This school most definitely ensures your success as a student, as long as you work for it.

Brooke

Idaho offers one degree: frat parties. When I visited (at about 10 AM) I saw two things: frat guys getting drunk on the roof and rude students pushing through the tour group. It was a weekday yet there were no students rushing to class or studying in the grassy areas.

Marissa

The University of Idaho has extremely good facilities that are in great condition and are constantly used by the students. The professors are accessible on a regular basis and willingly interact with students, excited to teach us what they know and what they are passionate about. The on campus housing staff are amazing and are great at matching roommates and suitemates.

Nadia

The University of Idaho, is a place, where everyone can find their place. This college has courses and activities that focus on all aspects of life.

Maesyn

The University of Idaho has something for everyone. If you are not a sportsy person there is a huge art department to explore, or perhaps science is more your thing, whatever it is they have it. They also renovated most of the campus so all campus sidewalks are heated, the dorms are beautiful and up to date, and the buildings on the inside are modern but have that old-timey feel on the outside which is nice. If you like extracurricular activities UOI is the place to be. They have plenty of outdoorsy activities to participate in ranging from seasonal to all year round. Do you want to travel abroad? Your degree probably has a place or two to complete it outside of the USA. Either way, if you are looking for a more rustic feeling town with updated buildings and a plethora of degree options? The University of Idaho is the way to go.