University of Indianapolis Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Indianapolis

Tyler

I have visited this campus twice and love everything about it. Everyone is so welcoming and make you feel welcomed. This college is my number one pick of all the colleges I have been accepted too. I was just there yesterday for a special nurses day visit.

Lauryn

My overall opinion of the University of Indianapolis is that if you like a small, close-knit campus, this is the college for you! There are great opportunities for on-campus jobs, as well as off-campus jobs as the Greenwood Mall is 15 minutes away. If you're a partier, the party scene can be dead, so you may want to look around downtown Indy for something to do with your friends. Academically, I would say UIndy is excelling in that area! Of course, there are some downsides, but especially as a Criminal Justice major, I feel we have some of the best professors on campus! I really love this school and everything it has to offer.

Lizbeth

The University of Indianapolis is a university I am looking forward to for a bright future. From the moment I found out about the opportunities if offers and how it can impact my future, I knew it was the one. One of my favorite features of it is the small class size. It's a private University which means that the smaller the class size, the better for my education and to make connections with my professors. It's a campus where you can make relationships with new people and with faculty members. The moment I went to visit, it caught my eye and I am now proud to say that I will be a future student at Uindy.

Kendall

The University of Indianapolis is a great school for students who love the small school atmosphere and the close unit. All professors are extremely helpful and will help any student whenever they may need it. At the University of Indianapolis you are not just a number.

The University of Indianapolis is a hidden gem in terms of higher education. Our academics are superb and our professors are very kind and helpful. They want us to succeed! Campus safety is vital to our school. Campus police make their presence known and send urgent safety messages through emails, texts, and phone calls. I love my university and I would not trade it for the world.

Jameise

The people that I met on campus were very nice and welcoming. It has taken me a bit longer to get adjusted to the school since I am not used to being away from home. Since the campus is so small, it is easier to get around to my classes. Overall this is a great school.

The University of Indianapolis is a great school if you are looking for small class sizes. The average class has about 20-25 students. The professors truly want you to succeed, and are available almost constantly. It can be hard to make friends because a lot of commuters or local people attend here. The weekends are pretty quiet because of people going home or who are at parties.

Overall, I think the University of Indianapolis is a great school. They have so many great majors to choose from, and some of the best programs in the state! It is considered to be a small campus, which has it's perks. You become very close with people. In terms of class size, there are normally 18-22 people in each course, which means that you can connect with professors and get a lot more help than you would at a larger college. There are also great facilities on campus such as the Health, Wellness & Counseling Center that are easy to get to. Since campus is located in Indianapolis, there are tons of stores nearby- everything is about 15 minutes or less from campus! In general, UIndy is the best.

Tahja

Uindy is a great school and very fun to be at. The professors are nice and very understanding. There isn't that much of a separation in between the students. Also the dean of students and the president of the school is very interactive with the campus and students. You can always see them around.

Vanessa

I enjoy going to UIndy. The other students are really nice and approachable. The teachers are easy to contact. They also always seem to care. The class sizes are small, so the teacher knows your name. The one thing I dislike is that it is not as diverse as I would like it to be. Overall I like this University.

Micayla

Overall this is a great school. It is relatively small (about 5,000 students), but I like the small community feel. They are always updating campus somewhere, and the new health pavilion is so cool. I love the Nursing program so far. The classes are great; the professors truly care about helping you succeed. I have met many people who have made my college experience awesome. There are always activities going on to participate in as well.

Makayla

The University of Indianapolis is a wonderful school for someone looking for a small, homey campus. The class sizes are smaller in comparison to schools in the area, which allows more one on one time with professors. The school has a new health pavilion which is very high tech, and has many great tools for students in the health professions!

Tanijae

I think that it might be the perfect college for me. The staff and students are all very friendly. There are also several people on campus who are willing to help you if you're having trouble with anything. Also, the area surrounding the campus is pretty awesome and so are the people.

Minette

I love Uindy. I have grown up around the campus my whole life. It always is clean and well kept. They also are a smaller school so it's easier to keep tabs on your teachers and ask questions. The campus life also isn't too bad either. There aren't too many parties and every thing is very lowkey.

Kelly

This college is fairly good. The foods okay and the dorms are decent enough. The class size is the best part, 30 or less students per class, and most of the professors are exceptional in teaching their subject. They all know what they're talking about and are very energetic about their subject. You can tell they really care about people getting the most out of their class.

UIndy is perfect for those who like the idea of living in the city but aren't cut out to live there for very long. We're only about five minutes from downtown Indianapolis, IN and provides shuttles downtown and around the campus. It is also perfect for those who like small campuses. My current class is the largest class that the University has seen in quite some time. There is also a really good community around the campus since we are so small. I think that it is perfect for me given that I grew up in a small town and that is the kind of atmosphere that the university embodies. The professors are also available and they are also there to challenge you. Something that I like to tell everyone that is looking at the school is to ignore the price for now because the financial aid is spectacular and if you get in there is no question that they will get some form of scholarship or aid.

Nolan

For a small campus, there's always something to do on campus. There are plenty of clubs and organizations to get involved in, as well as recreational sports. This university has allowed me to meet so many new people and I'm forever grateful for that. I'm more than confident my degree through UIndy will help me succeed in finding my dream job.

Teha

I love my university. It is small which allows you to connect better with students and professors. We don't have Greek life, but there are plenty of clubs to join. We have a wonderful nursing program as well!

Tatum

I love the school, city, people, and professors dearly!! Professors go out of their way to help you succeed as well as the staff that are with you until graduation. You truly get to know them and develop great connections to help you succeed in and out of school. GO HOUNDS!!!

Not only has the University of Indianapolis changed how I view life, but it has changed me into a critical thinker. The small class sizes and the fact that the professors truly care is a reason I chose this school. I have found the opportunities to be endless here at the school. From intramural sports to service learning to interning abroad, the school educators and administration have been nothing but helpful. I am thankful to not only call this school my place to study, but also my home.

Janea

I enjoy being here but it is a college like every other. Nothing super fancy but the people are really warm and welcoming. There are a lot of activities to do on weekends, but since many people live in surrounding communities a lot of people go home for the weekends.

Mitch

I believe the University of Indianapolis really does try to make students feel involved and welcomed. However, I think they only focus on certain groups and this can lead to students feeling very uncomfortable. The school will openly voice what ideas and groups they support(University leaders saying their political views to me is inappropriate) and never address the other groups. I just find the school as a whole to be close minded despite what they say.

Monica

The University of Indianapolis (Uindy) is safe and has a great learning atmosphere. The faculty are amazing and always make themselves available to the students. Although Uindy has nailed the academic aspect of a college experience, it needs improvement in student activities. Since there are limited activities and programs to participate in, most students go home on the weekends, which then creates an empty campus. Although it may lack a variety of weekend activities for students, Uindy is a great school that has amazing faculty and focused students.

Mitchell

I think it is a good campus to attend if you come from a small school, or really want to focus on your academics. Overall the professors good. The only things that aren't great about Uindy is that there are no fraternities or sororities and since it's small it can be hard to find friends.

Mysia

The University of Indianapolis is a wonderful campus full of great professors and students. My professors want me to succeed and I have found life long friends here. The only thing that bothers me is that there is no Greek life on campus and the campus is somewhat small. Overall, I love it here! Go Hounds!!

Kaleen

This is an amazing university. Everyone you meet or talk to is extremely nice. It is a very welcoming school. There are a lot of different activities and clubs to join and do. They provide tutoring to help with your academics, a very trusting and reliable police force, great tasting food, and the staff is wonderful, so much that they will take the time to answer any questions you might have about anything.

Ally

While I am an incoming freshman and haven't been around or on campus as much as upperclassmen, I knew the second I visited UIndy that I had found my new home for the next four years. They take pride in their connections with Indianapolis, their passion for helping students succeed, and their persistence in providing unique opportunities. I could not be any more proud to be a greyhound!

Kylie

The University of Indianapolis is a wonderful university that welcomes everyone with open arms and works to create a place for anyone of any background. The facilities are a combination of both old and new and they continue to work to update the campus every year. Like any university, the food could be improved and there is always room to group in diversity. All in all, this campus is perfect for those who are seeking a small to medium size college with a religious based faith while also offering numerous opportunities to explore ones pathway of life.

Jordan

I love the University of Indianapolis for a variety of reasons. One of the reasons is the resources that are available to all students. All students know where to find medical care and mental health services on campus if needed, as well as others to talk to if I do not feel comfortable talking to a professional. One of the people that I talk to is my RD, who is in charge of the building that I live in. Another reason that I love the University is the openness that I feel as a student. As an LGBT+ student, I feel comfortable on campus and do not feel that I have to hide my identity.

I think this school is so cheap. We pay a large amount of money to come here and they are a bunch of cheap asses. The cafe food can't be healthy and the taste of it is so bad. I don't understand how it can be so bad. Plus the food selection is piss poor. At the streets grill I on average probably wait 15 minutes for my food. There is never ketchup and they are always out of something. With the money we students pay there should be no reason for this poor effort of food and quality. Really considering about transferring. Unacceptable.

Jaela

I absolutely love this school for my learning style, the smaller classroom sizes is most important for me and my learning. I am able to focus more on my studies with the smaller class sizes. There is plenty o so on campus, but I’m there to learn, so I don’t participate in a lot of campus activities but we are always having something going on. I hang out off campus more with personal friends.

Jailah

The University of Indianapolis is the school that most perspective college student dreams of. It's the kind of place where strangers become best friends, resident halls become a place you call home, and professors and faculty play a huge role in your success. This University is full of opportunities. It teaches, shows, and supports students on how to surpass the norms of life and in the work force. Uindy prepares you for what life has to offer.

gina

I enjoy UIndy because it is a small school which is why I decided to go here. When I first visited UIndy felt like home because everybody is very nice. I wish the food would improve because I don't think there is enough food places to eat her or a good variety.

Crystal

I love the school, I feel safe and really feel like I am learning and getting better in my field everyday! The staff really works hard to make sure each student succeed in everything they do and really care about each student. i also love the class sizes because it is a lot of one on one and it makes it helpful for learning.

I am 5 hours from home and this has become my new home. I am in my first year and I love it. It is so easy to get involved in things and be part of groups and clubs. During the weekends there are always fun events going on and things to do. If there isn't, you can always take the shuttle downtown and have some fun with friends down there. The school is in a great location in perspective to downtown and the surrounding areas are nice areas. If I had to choose college again, I would choose here.

Kiley

So far, my experience at UIndy has been amazing! UIndy has given me opportunities to expand my network and create new relationships with amazing people. UIndy is a great school that allows students to really engage with not only their peers, but faculty and staff on a personal level, not just a professional level. If I could do it over again, I would definitely choose UIndy, again!

Sergio

The University of Indianapolis is a very welcoming school. Although, it is not my top choice, I am quite comfortable here. Most of the professors are very helpful and want you to succeed. So far, the college experience here is very enjoyable. There are not many things to do off-campus without a car, but you are always able to stay on campus and study!

Katelyn

Overall, the University of Indianapolis has an interesting dynamic. Everyone around campus is very open to new experiences and very accepting of the changing world around us. While visiting the campus I had the pleasure to watch a drag show which showed me the greatest aspects about the university. The only down side to this small class size, comfortable dorm rooms, and overall satisfying university was the food court. Other than the food I have no complains and an absolute love for the University of Indianapolis.

I am currently a graduate student at the university of Indianapolis and also entered my undergrad here. I have been on the track and field team for 4+ years now. The sports atmosphere is amazing at this school and makes it feel like home. My personal experiences with the professors and staff have been A+. They always are open to help out students when talking about course work, writing recommendation letters, and even personal life issues. Although the campus is small, it is close to downtown and is easily accessible within 15 minutes walking distance. The new Greyhound Village is a nice play to live and I have only heard good things. They are in the process of building the Lofts which is going to be similar to Greyhound Village. In the short 4 years I have been here, the campus has grown with students and buildings. UIndy is an amazing school and I am proud to be a greyhound.

The professors on campus really try to help you succeed. They are very understanding and are always open to give extra help to students who need it. I've heard that our on-campus housing, especially for freshmen is better than typical college dorms. The off-campus housing isn't bad, but there isn't as much housing right next to campus as people would like there to be. Campus food has gone slightly downhill since I've been here but their sandwiches and stir fry bar are really good. A lot of the facilities are really new, especially our health pavilion. Class size is also pretty small. My largest class was 30 in a chemistry class which all health science majors have to take, and Uindy is highly focused in health sciences.

Cortney

I think it’s a great school with tons of majors that aren’t always available at other universities. The campus is beautiful and I really like the housing options. All housing build are pretty fresh and new which is nice. The professors are really willing to help their students be great in their classes.

Rebecca

I applied to the University of Indianapolis to attend their school. I shadowed a current student, went on a couple campus tours, and I went to a "UINDY Business Day" to figure out if I wanted to attend the school. The school is heavily medical with business as their secondary major. They tend to do well with crime safety and student involvement. There is a very low student to faculty ratio so the pupils know their professors very well. I had a good first impression on the school and the more I learned the more I liked it.

Quentin

Going to the University of Indianapolis is a great experience. The campus is small and it only takes a couple minutes to get from place to place. If you are a student that needs to be close with your professors University of Indianapolis is the place to go. Also, the students and staff members are there to support you the best that they can and they are all nice. If I could recommend a college to go to I would recommend University of Indianapolis.

The University of Indianapolis is an amazing institution with great opportunities to get involved and get help from people that have already taken the classes that you need help with. It has activities everyday that people are able to meet new people that share common interests. It is an overall very safe campus, whether in the day or at night.

The university of indianapolis is My home away from home. Visiting I thought that there is no way I will enjoy living here. Although on move-in day I couldn't have been happier. I appreciate my professors for giving me the knowledge to make the world better.

Madison

I really like the size ( a little over 5,000). It makes you feel like you are at college but not like you are drowning in a sea of people all the time. This is also means a smaller class size which allows the professors to have more one on one time with each student. Overall I am very happy with my decision to attend UIndy.

Grace

I love UIndy. When I first toured the campus, I had a great feeling and no other school compared to it. I love living on campus and love being involved in intramural sports and managing the football team. It's a perfect sized school for me, and I love how small the class sizes are.

Akia

I have been trying to move forward with my life after graduating from U of I, however that has been difficult. I have been unemployed for 2 years. In addition, while attending the university I was harrassed by Ted, and then he allowed other student to sexually assult me on several occasions. Several members of the university staff was aware that my privacy was being invaded including then housing director, marketing director, and professors.

Melinda

Attending the University of Indianapolis was a wonderful experience. There is a large diversity classes and students. Plenty of opportunities to join groups or clubs. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby and close enough to downtown to enjoy all the culture Indianapolis has to offer.

Gyneiya

I love my college. There are so many nice people, fun activities, and many great opportunities! There is so much diversity, and inclusion on out campus! We love our sports teams, and we love to have fun. I enjoy everyday here on campus. When I leave I miss my friends, my professors, the culture, and the environment!