Presque Isle, ME
University of Maine at Presque Isle

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maine at Presque Isle

Erin

My overall opinion of University of Maine at Presque Isle, is great. I am able to use the facilities to better myself, like the gym at Gentile Hall. I know a lot of people who are currently enrolled, so if I were to go there next year for my first year of college, I wouldn't feel out of place. It is close to home, so I wouldn't have to stay in a dorm room all year. I would definitely go there if I didn't already have a top college in mind.

Theodore

At the University of Maine at Presque Isle there is not a lot to do. The sports teams and facilities I’m not well-maintained ends there’s not much equipment to be used for any support. The food on the campus is not appetizing whatsoever, they need to work on getting food out and ready and actually cooked not have done. The classes I have taken are very difficult because I have a language barrier with on the professors, and I am paying to listen to another professor gives his own opinion not any other opinion for the class . And Prescott there’s not much to do only a select amount stores you can go to and enjoy your weekend. Presque Isle is very far away from every where else in the state of Maine and it is very hard to communicate places.

I think it is a great school. The number of students isn't overwhelming and the professors are always around to help. This has been my dream school since I was 15 years of age and it definitely lived up to my expectation.

Beatrice

The campus is small but that invites that small community atmosphere. You have the opportunity to become very close with people and you often rely on eachother since there isn't much to do. The downside to this is that after you've met everyone- that's it and if they don't float your boat you're at a bit of a loss. The atmosphere is fun and people get very creative with how they spend their time. In winter the boys at my dorm created a ski "ramp" out of snow and skied down it. Teachers are into research and always have opportunities for students to get Involved. The outing club is amazing and provides so many activities for students. I went turtle tracking with my teacher for wood turtles. It was really fun. I went white water rafting in Millinocket for $10!! The movie theatre is down the street and you can walk to it which is great. If you do have issues with anyone on campus the support system is dynamite and they really want to make sure you feel comfortable and safe. Ralph, the school counselor, is amazing to speak to especially if you get home sick since presque isle is pretty isolated. The lakes close to the school are great to relax by. The rolling mountains and hills that surround the whole town make for a perfect picture view everywhere you go. There is also a park close to school if you'd like to go for a run and trails around the campus. All around its not a bad school especially if you keep yourself focused on your studies and out of the drama that is inevitable.

Jenny

UMPI is a rural, homey, friendly university with a lot of personality.

UMPI is a rural, homey, friendly university with a lot of personality.

Make friends right away. Stay out of your dorm room. Go to every single event you see a flier for. Do every bit of homework you're assigned. Get to know the people in career services. Join clubs right away and find a couple that you would like to be president of by your senior year. Take enough classes to graduate in four years. Advocate for yourself, stick up for yourself, and keep track of your finances. Now is the time to practice these skills.

samantha

Whats unique is there is small classes with alot of one on one help

Whats unique is there is small classes with alot of one on one help

If i could go back and give myself advice it would be to try harder in high school. I wish i could have gotten better grades then i had, if i didn't slack off as much i would of had a better chance of being able to play field hockey in college and having the grades to do so.

Lydia

UMPI is small, the professors are very friendly and willing to work with you and the teacher to student ratio is small so they are able to be personal.

My classmates are generally very friendly and over all nice. I have made good friends from my classes.

Something that I would tell myself or anyone interested in going to college is to choose your priorities. If you want to do well at school, then focus on that, set aside time to do homework and make that your priority. I am an athlete and those are my two priorites, skiing and school. Because I have devoted my time and energy to these two things first I have done very well with each. Another thing that I would tell a highschool senior is time management. Know yourself, know what distracts you, know how you study best and make it happen. If you expect to have to wait somewhere, bring homework and make good use of that 15 minutes or half an hour.

Vannessa

I'd tell myself that it's a lot cheaper and much more pleasant to live off-campus. There's much less hassle with meals, campus facilities, and I wouldn't have needed to wear flip-flops in the shower to prevent the growth of an eleventh toe. I would tell myself that my high school crush is nothing compared to the man I meet in college, and that I'm wasting my precious time when I could be studying. Above all else though, I'd tell myself to maintain my motivation, because it rewards me with every step of the way, and to never forget my high school mentor who changed my entire outlook on life, instilling a confidence that I had never had before.

I wish I would have known that dorm life is obnoxious, even when you check "quiet living" on your pre-move-in evaluation. Finals week was spent combatting the noise of giggles and running feet with pillows over my ears trying to block out the sound. I also wish that I would have known that residence have no control over their room temperature., because we were always either way too cold, or it was upwards of ninety degrees.

The worst thing about UMPI is the Residence Life office. Every time I had a question or concern, they took up to several weeks to address it. For example, my room and board was supposed to be removed after the 2013 Fall semester, and it took four visits as well as two emails to accomplish that.

I can't even begin what I would say to my high school self. I would sit down, and actually go through every little detailt to expect from college. It is not all fun and games. It takes up much more time in your life, instead of high school. You have to make time to study or you will never get by. Also do not be afraid of speaking up! Sometimes many of the students around you are thinking the same thing. Questions that you struggle on you should definitely ask about them. It can not only help your grades but it can help you be more prepared as a student. I would tell my highschool self that do not give up, and that it all may seem scary but keeping a good attitude and staying on track is the best key. You can do it, and anything is possible!

The best things that I consider about my school is the one on one time with professors. I beileve this because not many colleges have this opportunity. I believe that every student should have quality time with there professors to succeed, and at University of Maine at Presque Isle you get that opportunity.

The one thing that I wish that I would have known before coming to this school is that it is a big step from high school. Many people say that it is not a big change, but it really is. I have learned to step up my grades in college, and keep them maintained. I beileve that this should be stressed to students before they apply for college.

Jacob

I would do exactly as I did before. Things just went smoothly.

I would do exactly as I did before. Things just went smoothly.

That it is so far away from a big city

University of Maine at Presque Isle administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.