Alliance, OH
University of Mount Union

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mount Union

brooke

I would suggest taking post secondary options or dual credit classes in high school. They have really prepared me for the college transition and I feel like I have a huge jump start on finishing my education as well as how to manage my time

The price of the school because it is difficult to afford even with aid. However, I know that I choose to go here and will receive a quality education

I brag about the opprotunities Mount provides me with for my future into Med school and with the exercise science programs

Jordan

My classmates are all different with the same goal to pursure a higher education.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would’ve given myself a lot of advice. This is the advice I would tell myself. Jordan, you need to focus more on your high school work and learn to study better for tests. College tests are a lot harder than high school. The professors will not give you a study guide, so take good notes while in class. You also cannot be a procrastinator. If you procrastinate on homework, you'll most likely forget about it and that will lower your grade. Get a planner! It will help you in the long run, so you can write down when homework is due test dates. The transition from high school to college is hard, fun, interesting, and exciting altogether. It is hard because you are moving away from home and have to adjust to living with a roommate. It is fun, interesting, and exciting because you will meet plenty of new people who will get you out of your comfort zone. These people will be your life long friends. It will be an intense ride but this advice will help you for the road ahead.

People who love big classrooms with a lot of students shouldn't attend this school.

The professors within each major have a very personal relationship with their students. Some of them invite students to dinner at their homes for study sessions and will form lasting professional relationships with their students

If I could go back in time and give myself advice I think I would tell myself to widen my group of friends freshman year. I chose not to join a sorority my freshman year because a friend of mine wasn't joining and looking back on it I should have joined sooner. I think I also would have told myself to come out of my shell a little sooner than I did. There are so many ways to get involved on campus and there are so many ways that you can make friends if you really want to!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of night life/ things to do on the weekends

Adam

I would say GET INVOLVED! It is key to learn what the campus has to offer as well as meet people. The only way to succeed is to get to know people. Burn out happens when you have no relief from classes.

There are a lot of rich kids here. And I come from an average white class so I can't afford all of the other things because I have no money!

The University of Mount Union is a small liberal arts school offering a user friendly campus, with faculty that are caring and concerned that all their students have the opportunity to be successful.

The University of Mount Union is unique in many ways. First, when looking at colleges I wanted a campus that was small. I like having a small class size becuase not only are the students more recognized but it is also easier to grasp some subjects with more one-on-one teaching. Also, Mount Union offers First Year Experience for freshman. Our first semester we had two or three of our classes with the same students and had the opportunity to get to know them well. For students in this program there were a variety of planned activities weekly.

College has been very beneficial for me. The classes are a small entity on the whole experience itself. Being away from home gives me the opportunity to gain the knowledge to grow and make decisions on my own. I believe that a strong foundation with good morals brought me to a very successful first semester. I was able to manage my time and also learn to live on my own. Dealing with a variety of different people has broadened my knowledge of what others a like. Several situations have taught me to make the right decision and be able to stand up for myself. I have become more responsible which has helped to thrive as an individual. Being able to accept failure along with my successes will show me that life doesn’t always go the way we plan. College has been a terrific experience and is very valuable to attend.

I have gotten so many things from my time in college. Living with a roomate has been an extreme change for me, having grown up for much of my life without siblings around, so living with someone else has helped me, or at least shown me, that I need to be more incorporative of other peoples space,things and privacy. College has also been valuable to attend because it teaches you a mass amount of responsibility in a very short amount of time. You must learn how to manage your time, schedule classes and organize your schedule both academically and socially. Tough lessons are learned about over-working yourself, not getting enough sleep and more or less stretching yourself too thin, but they are importanat lessons better to be learned sooner than later, so college has really helped me become an independant and securely confident person. I would most definatly reccomend college to everyone if they have the oppertunity.

I wish I knew that they were in transition of their Gen Ed requirements, and that to an extent this is a very "do it yourself" campus, if you want something done, you have to go out and do it, there is help available, but you have to find it. Also that work-study jobs are rather hard to find sometimes.

A secure person should go here, someone who's not afraid to seek out answers and who doesn't need their hand held throughout the process. Also, someone who likes the small campus atmosphere and doesn't mind a bit of a small town.

Richard

“Change is inevitable. Improvement is optional (Joya Lynn-Schoen);” this quote from Joya Lynn-Schoen describes my college experience in a liberal-arts institution. The college experience trains one to prepare for unexpected situations in normal life. Like the ‘Real World’ situations, daily tasks are directed through human involvement. Challenges in mathematics reinforce traditional analytic processes to solve some difficult state of affairs. Developmental courses open new avenues for expression. Students examine more than quantitative values in the global environment. Exposed to cultures in foreign countries changed my attitude about unknown people since issues are examined in qualitative evaluations of countries and demographic analysis of its regions. As a student in college, I prepare for daily expectations in the classroom. However, an instructor or professor can alter what a student perceives is required. College experience is in the framework of human environment interactions. Changes are inevitable in a challenging ecosystem. The behavior a student exhibits demonstrates its preparation in unexpected occurrences. Thus, a student might not improve the situation, and fail to demonstrate skills and abilities obtained while attending changing college experiences. As a result, a college experience provided the added value of graded situations in my development training.

Before coming to the University Of Mount Union, wish I had more knowledge about the cultural things to do in Alliance. Presentations of ones most suited for incorporating in a busy semester schedule would aid in its activity.

My belief is the worst thing about this school is the lack of liberality of many students. When or if students get involved with humanitarian causes, it is a self-serving function. Some of the same most involved with organized support, become illiberal in small group settings. Thus, there is a disconnect between the balances of sel and projected generosity.

Very laid back but when a good discussion arises they can sometimes surprise you and really give good opinions.

Mount Union just has a feel to it that no words can describe. I saw it at a college fair in high school and I just knew it was the school for me.

I found my true passion here. What I thought I wanted to do with my life wasn't what really clicked with me. Had I not come to Mount Union, I wouldn't have been given the experience to open my eyes and I wouldn't be as happy as I would have been. I discovered who I was and that, to me, is better than any career or internship.

This University has allowed me to grow into a person that I want to be while being educated in what I want to do for the rest of my life. The experiences from this University enables me to be better prepared for life after college, from studying abroud, to the responsiblities of class work and those from outside activities. The Univeristy of Mount Union has been invaluable in educating me for my future.

The students that should attend this school should be highly motivated and interested in their education. Students almost always are involved in activities and groups on camps with a wide variety of possible options. By joining these organizations, students can meet new people and become part of the fabric of the Mount Union community. This school is a good fit for students who want to readily learn, become better members of the community, and get to know many diverse students.

The most difficult part of this campus is the competition for apartment style housing and scheduling. In the end, scheduling and housing works out, but at the time or registration, both of these aspects can be stressful.

Heather

Many things are unique about Mount Union, the the first thing that comes to mind is we are an entirely green campus. Everything on camus is biodegradable and we try to conserve as much energy as possible. Another reason Mount Union is unique to the other schools I considered attending is how small the campus is. I considered many other schools that were a lot larger and when I was at Mount Union I felt that I wouldn't get lost and that I would be safe on that campus.

I have gotten many things out of my college experience thus far. I have become more self confident, independent, and outgoing in class. In high school I was a really shy person and hardly ever spoke in class, being here has helped me become better at participating in class becuase I realized the importace of interacting with your classmates. In my major I have most of my classes with the same people so I have gotten to know them pretty well and this has helped me a lot as well. My independence is something I have struggled with since I first left for college. I did not want to be away from home and I missed my family everyday, but as the semester went on the need to be home all the time got less and less. Going to school here has helped me get over a lot of my fears and I feel that I have become a better person because of it. I am very glad I chose to attend Mount Union and I look forward to the rest of my undergraduate studies here.

Someone who likes large groups of people and does not want to be on a close knit campus should not attend Mount Union. It is a small campus where you know almost everyone. If you are looking for a big campus then Mount Union is not the right college for you.

University of Mount Union administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.