University of Mount Union Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Mount Union

Marissa

I absolutely love attending the University of Mount Union. Both students and faculty are extremely welcoming and friendly, and it really has that small school opportunity to essentially be a part of a community. The academic strength largely depends upon the department, but if you're in the right program, you should have no worries.

Madison

I have always enjoyed attending this school since day one. The campus is one of the most gorgeous places to view. A lot of money goes into making the campus a wonderful place to be, especially the outside. The staff are for the most part excellent and always explain things thoroughly.

Connor

The University of Mount Union is a higher education experience that I would consider to be at the forefront of western culture and academics. There is opportunities and diversity for all attendants of any and every background. I believe the University of Mount Union will deliver a unique, comprehensive and tentative plan for any college student who wants to be prepared to be an active citizen in the real world.

sharif

Great school that will challenge you as a person to not just succeed but the wanting to succeed. jbjhsjhdhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Madeline

The University of Mount Union is great school. Our athletic program is amazing here, we have a combined number of 17 national championships throughout the school. Our professors are always available to the students and really want to see their students succeed, not only in that class, but throughout their lives as well.

Victoria

Mount Union is a great college. The students and staff are super nice. No matter where you go they will always greet you with a smile. The professors are great! They are always will to help you when you need it. There are also a ton of opportunities to get help whether it be going to the professor, study groups, or other students. It is a beautiful campus and very homey.

Keegan

My opinion of Mount Union is that it's a renowned school with a good reputation and it behaves as such. That being said, sometimes I wonder if Mount Union, like most other colleges, doesn't occasionally allow its reputation to go to its head. There are some things on campus that, in my opinion, are unnecessary and a waste of money that could be more advantageous if applied elsewhere. The weight put on sports and sororities/fraternities overshadows the main purpose of college: to go to class and learn. Education should take priority over the sports and Greek life, but it doesn't seem like that's exactly the case.

Diana

I transferred to the University of Mount Union as a sophomore. I have been very happy with my decision overall! From an academic standpoint, Mount Union is amazing. My professors use real-world experiences to teach their classes. As a result, classes are very hands-on; I rarely sit in lectures, because in classes, we work in groups to solve real-world problems. I like this approach because I feel like I am learning valuable skills that will help me when I get a job after college. I also am really passionate about my major, so being able to see how my skills will help me in the real world is a great opportunity for me. The professors are wonderful. They make themselves as available as possible to help students. They also care about our futures and will do anything to help us succeed. Outside of classes, there is a vibrant student community. The students are very friendly and want to get to know you. There are many campus organizations to get involved in, and many of these organizations have a lot of leadership opportunities. In fact, I hold leadership positions in three out of the five organizations I am a part of. If you do not see a club that fits your interests, it is easy to start one. I did this when I got to Mount Union- there was not a club for transfer students, so I started one. Living options are really good, for on-campus living. The residence halls, though not air conditioned, are clean, up-to-date, and have large rooms. They have computer labs in the lounges, so students can get work done without even leaving the hall. Upper class man can live in on-campus apartments. I like this option because I get the independence of living on my own, but I still have the campus resources of Campus Security and IT. Off-campus options are not great, though. Alliance, the city where Mount Union is located in, does not have many options for students to live off-campus. The dining options are good as well. Our dining hall has several different food stations, so there are always plenty of options. There is also a dessert bar, with homemade gelato, cookies, pies, cakes, ad cupcakes. I have dietary restrictions, and the school provides plenty of options for me. There are two cafes on campus and one dining hall. All three have really good food! My personal favorite is the gluten-free chicken sandwich from the dining hall. So good! There are several meal plan options, so whatever your appetite is like, Mount Union has a plan to accommodate that. Alliance, the city where Mount Union is located, is not great. It is very run-down and depressed. There are not a lot of off-campus places for entertainment for students. This has been the biggest complaint I have about life at Mount Union- there is nothing to do off-campus. While the school does a great job in providing programs to help keep students entertained, when I need a break from campus, I have a hard time finding somewhere to go, because Alliance does not have much to offer students. I usually end up going home on weekends. Overall, my Mount Union experience has been wonderful. I am taking great classes, with professors who want to see me succeed. My courses are preparing me for a job after college and I feel confident in my skills and abilities. On campus, the students are very friendly and it is easy to get involved. Off campus, however, is Mount Union's biggest downfall. There is not much to do in the area. Though Mount Union does try to combat this by putting on different programs for students, when one needs a break from campus, it is hard to find a place to go. In spite of this, though, I would recommend Mount Union to any student.

Noah

My overall opinion of Mount Union is that it is a very great place. The facilities are excellent, I am going to be on the track and field team next year and the coaches and athletes there are friendly and very easy to get along with. It is a great place and it’s where my heart is at tongonto School there next year.

Reita

I very much regret going here. It was the single-worst decision of my life. Nobody cares about you, they just want your money. They don't take care of you in dangerous situations and they hide everything and try to shut you up. The food is gross, the housing is okay because you're not living in the sketchy city but it's still not that great. They try to charge you for damages that don't exist to get even more money out of you. The education was not worth the money- I feel like they jacked up tuition to pay for the football team but not make campus life any better for the rest of us. Awful school full of awful people.

Absolutely enjoyed every moment at this institution. The experience I had, the skill set I developed as a student, and the connections I have made throughout my time at Mount Union are priceless. This institution looks for ways to continuously improve structurally, academically, and to give back to the community.

Katarra

The University of Mount Union is an excellent school. I am so glad that I decided to apply and enroll here. All of the students are extremely friendly and all of the professors are always ready to help you when you need it. The faculty does a great job of making sure that new students feel at home here. I feel as if I am getting the quality education that I need a deserve to pursue my future job. Here at The University of Mount Union, my questions or problems never go unanswered by anyone. The campus is always very clean and organized and I always feel safe when I am walking to class, even at night. Overall, The University of Mount Union is a great university for those who are looking for a close-knit community of students and faculty.

Shyamm

I really enjoyed touring Mount Union. The campus is beautiful. Our admissions counselor who gave us a brief overview of the campus' history and info was really outgoing and bright. Our tour guide was sweet, funny and welcoming. I enjoyed the little myths and legends they had apart of the campus. The campus size was perfect for me. The walking distances from building to building wasn't a huge deal. The dorms were pretty decent, a bit stuffy but okay. The school lacks a lot in diversity, which is my only main problem. But I felt amazing vibes touring the campus and I would really love to go there.

marianne

The University of Mount Union is a well-rounded, progressive school where constant change and improvement can be expected. I love the small town atmosphere and the friendly down to earth approachability of the staff. The classes are challenging without overwhelming. I would highly recommend the school.

Hayley

Mount Union quickly became my second home. I love everything about this beautiful campus! There are so many academic and extracurricular opportunities- from presenting research to becoming part of Greek life, there’s always something to keep you busy.

Justin

I like it a lot. I feel very safe on campus, and while there are illegal activities that take place, I feel as if they are far less prevalent than on many larger campuses. The University of Mount Union is very academically focused, and students can always be found in the library or anywhere else immersed in their studies. Mount Union is also very focused on sports, with teams that compete for NCAA tournament births every season. Overall, it is a good school, and I am glad I attend.