Alliance, OH
University of Mount Union

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mount Union

Erin

An education, friendships, and fun memories are often what people would say when asked what they have gotten out of their college experience. However, in addition to an education, friendships, and fun memories, the most important thing I have gotten out of my college experience is the knowledge that I can learn a tremendous amount of information from listening to people of a different background, culture, race, religion, or gender. My college experience has opened my eyes to the different perspectives that people have in all different aspects of life. For example, I have grown up a Catholic and took a course in African American Religious Traditions. This course gave me insight to an entirely new viewpoint on religion, history, music, and general ways of life. College has been valuable to attend because of the relationships that have been created, the knowledge that has been learned, and the experiences I have been a part of throughout my college experience. Most importantly, the experiences I have been a part of were only possible because of the relationships I developed with the faculty and the knowledge that I received from the courses I excelled in understanding.

I would consider the lack of tools and equipment to be the worst thing about The University of Mount Union. The small number of students that attend this school does not allow for new machines and equipment to be readily available for students to perform research.

When I tell my friends about my school I brag the most about the small class sizes and availability of one-on-one time with professors. The small class sizes allow for professors to develop a strong relationship with students and every professor I have had makes time to meet with students one-on-one who ask for extra help.

Ronnie

My ability to adapt into another place has been excelled by Mount. I have found a place at Mount because it seriously has a place for anyone. I have been able to be myself because of the people that make up Mount Union. The professors are amazing and it is such a small community, that we become very close knit. Growing up in the same town as this university, I did not see really see the characteristics until I finally arrived on my first day to classes what this university is really made of. In my second year, I have realized how much education these professors have behind them and what I can learn from them but also see them as real people and mentors.

Someone that hates football. They will not be very well liked on campus- Mount Union is very sport-oriented.

I would normally tell my friends about the football team going to nationals each year. It is the biggest outstanding factor that if anyone has heard about Mount Union, it would be because of the our Purple Raiders.

Kyle

A compassionate, accepting, and diverse community which provides an experience that will undoubtedly help nuture my beliefs and knowledge.

We have an amazing football team. 10 time winner of the D3 National Football Championship, the passion for athletics runs deep and loyal throughout our campus. More striking however, is the emphasis put upon the scholastic side of the University. While we are undoubtedly proud of our athletic background, all the staff, coaches, and teachers put the students' education above other activities. It is nice to know that, as athletes, our education is put as a number one priority by the adults around us. This unique combination of values not only defines, but exemplifies, the Mount Union experience.

The college experience I have been afforded at Mount Union has been indescribable. I remember being in high school and thinking my world boundaries stopped at my town's border. However, once I came to Mount, my world expanded into a huge, unique adventure. I love the academics, however I feel most of my growth this first year has been outside the classroom. When I first arrived on campus, I was just recovering from a surgery that took me out of the soccer lineup for the 2010/11 season. I didn't let this discourage me, however, and I ended up having a fantastic time videotaping and attending the practices and games. Although I was devastated to not be playing, I learned a great deal about personal humility and compassion for others; even though I couldn't play, I had an academic opportunity that many other kids may never have. I dedicated myself to the my schoolwork and received a 4.0 for my first semester. I feel my first semester of college has let me grow up in all aspects of my life and I am beyond excited to see where the next 3 1/2 years take me.

Kylee

My classmates at Mount Union College are very knowledgeable, friendly, outgoing and most of the students there come from financially stable homes.

My school at Mount Union also known as the Purple Raiders are known for Division 111 Football.

At the University of Mount Union there is definately more one on one advantages because of the small class sizes. These small class sizes are a benefit of going to a smaller and more expensive school. I have met many people that I would of never had the opportunity to get to know if I didn't attend Mount Union. I have made many life long friends. Some of these friends coming from diverse backgrounds and cultures different from my own. I am a Japanese major and have had the pleasure of learning about the Japanese Culture from a teacher who lived and taught in Japan. My college experience has taught me valuable life lessons about getting along with others and using problem solving skills. The knowledge I have gained from my college experience will be an asset in my everyday life. I have become a better public speaker and communicator and I would not trade my first year college experience for anything.

Malia

My college experiences have benefited me in so many ways. For instance I have learned better studying, social, and test taking skills which i hadn't gotten from my high school. Also i would like to mention that the english department of my school tutored me to better develop my english/writting, in fact all of the teachers i have had have helped work with me until i better understand the subjects i have difficulty with no matter how difficult it is to make sure i completely understood it. The faculty and staff have helped me work through picking out the right classes, ways to save money with tuition and buying text books and directing me in the right direction to be a successful college student. I began going to college my junior year of high school and it taught me a lot about myself and got me a great head start in college and learning. I would not change the experiences i've had in this school for anything and i am thankful to have had the chance to attend.

Carly

The feeling I got when I came to visit. I only visited one other school because as soon as I visited Mount Union I knew I wanted to come here. It just felt right.

Looking back on the past 3 1/2 years I have spent at Mount Union, I just think, "Wow. Is it really almost over?" Then I think about all of the knowledge I've gained and life lessons I've learned and know I've made good use of my time here, short as it may seem. More than any specific class I have taken or lecture I've listened to, though, what I value most about my college experience is the people I have met and memories I have made. There are the friends I have become close with and the faculty and staff who I've gotten to know and who have helped me so much along the way. In addition, opportunities like my internship at the university's nature center introduced me to many unique individuals that I would not have otherwise come into contact with. One of my favorite memories is going out to lunch every week with an elderly man who volunteered at the nature center, who became like a second grandfather to me. These are memories I will forever cherish and people I will never forget, who have made my college experience absolutely invaluable.

The people. For the most part students are friendly and faculty and staff are wonderful. They really are here to help students succeed!

My classmates at Mount Union are energetic and determined to succeed here and most seem confident that they are on the right path for them.

My college experience so far has been amazing, invigorating, and so much more than I ever expected. Coming from a small, private high school, Mount Union definitely reminds me of that atmosphere and has made my adjustment that much easier. I was led to believe that in college the professors won't care if I attend classes or not, and that it was all up to me to succeed, or not. In reality, here at Mount, the professors really do care and truly love what they do. Their committment is easily contageous and helps keep us all on track. Respect has become a two way street and that really has been an important factor in helping me mature and become more independent. Friendships that have been made here are different than any before. By experiencing things together for the first time, our bond is unexplainable. While it's up to me to work hard, balance school work, activities, and sports, at the end of it all I understand that life is one big game of balance. I have many years ahead of me as I continue towards a medical degree, and I wouldn't change one moment of it.

I consider the worst thing about Mount Union is the difficulty in paying for college, any college, yet alone a private one.

Clifton

In today’s economy it is my belief that an education means the difference between living in poverty and living in fruitfulness. Possessing this specific belief if I were to be confronted by someone who felt that education doesn’t matter or that it is a waste of time and money I would be a little astonished. Looking around society while all the major companies are having layoffs and individuals are becoming unemployed an obvious demographic emerges. It is apparent by numbers and personal knowledge that individuals lacking some kind of post secondary education are of the majority of the unemployed. This is not to say that a degree will make you immune to being laid off but it betters your chances of maintaining employment. Without employment it is hard to take care of yourself or your family if you have one. Without a job paying the rent or mortgage is virtually impossible. So whenever someone makes the statement that education doesn’t matter or it’s a waste of time and money I would propose the question, “Do you like having food to eat and shelter?” Looking at education from this prospective the answer should be a no brainer.

I wish i had known the other applications i filled out to schools in my original home state was all accepted.

The most frustrating thing about Mount Union is learning to cope with all the negativity from the other students.

Fun loving but serious about school.

Fun loving but serious about school.

I have truly became my own individual and have gained a lot of insight and perception into the real world. It has been a good experience for me overall, regardless of my problems paying for tuition, and I feel that if I can continue to afford to attend Mount Union, I will have a bright, successful future ahead of me.

Someone who is very determined.

Blaike

My school is a small liberal arts school and takes pride in its academics and athletics.

I have made a lot of new friends and people. I have also learned a lot of things that will be valuable to me when I pursue my career. It is very important for me to attend because I want to accomplish something that no one in my family has done, which is to graduate from college.

I brag about how good our academics are and our football team

University of Mount Union administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.