Kearney, NE
University of Nebraska at Kearney

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Nebraska at Kearney

Everyone changes their college major at least once throughout the course of their college carrer. It's okay if you don't know exactly what you want to do with your life, go in as undecided and take classes to learn what interests you most. From there decide which direction you want to take your life in. The transition into college isn't overly difficult, but be prepared to miss home. Save money so you don't have to work as much in college, that way you can participate in extra-curricular activities more. Study hard and pay attention to deadlines, late work isn't really accpeted in college. First tests are generally the worst of the whole semester, don't panic if you don't do as well as you normally do. Most of all: have fun your college years are suppose to be the best years.

The worst thing about this school is that at times it felt like teachers were more willing to go out of their way for athletes who missed class than students who were sick or struggling. I understand that students have a tendency to just skip class but that's not always the case.

If you like anonymity I would not attend this school. UNK seems like a big school but it's really not and after a few years, everyone starts to know everyone.

Troy

My classmates are cooperative, hardworking, and motivated to improve their education.

College life has taught me to manage a daily schedule in order to balance sports, classes, organizations, and other extra curricular activities. In high school I relied on my fellow peers to help me out with homework. College education does not allow for this to happen, as a student you solely have to apply yourself to your work in order to maintain a good grade. To sum it up, I would advise any senior to develop a study pattern that works well with their schedule in order to receive the best grade possible.

I personally think that the cafeteria could serve the students a better variety of foods that will attribute to student athletes.

The University of Nebraska at Kearney is a fun enviroment to be involved in and is full of fun and crative people.

It is very diverse and all the students get along. We are very into out varsity sports, mostly football, volleyball, and wrestling. There are many clubs and activities to join and many people to meet. The classes are not very big, thirty students at most in one classroom. The campus is just big enough to fit every student and it doesn't take long to walk to any class. The teachers are very friendly and are willing to help students if need be. The exersice equipment is very well kept and is available to everyone.

The advice I would give myself if I could go back in time would be make sure I study and stay on top of homework. Make sure I never give up on the things I love to do,like band and choir. To join more activities on campus and to make a bunch of new friends because having a good social life along with doing great in school is very important. I would also tell myself that I need to figure out finacial issues and fine finacial stability as soon as possible, because it is not a good thing to be stressing over your finances and school work at the same time. Another thing I would tell myself is not to pack and bring my whole room to the dorms at once. There is not enough room for it all if you have a roommate that does the same thing. There will always be time to go home on the weekends and holidays to switch out items.

Cassandra

If you need help there is always someone there, that's how great my classmates are.

I would tell myself that make sure and you don't procrastonate. Do things in a timely manner and don't put off doing something because it does not sound fun. Things will not always seem like fun but it is better to get the boring and required stuff out of the way so you make sure you get the reqirements done. Also don't be a hermit crab. Make sure and get out and live a little. Introduce yourself to new people and make friends. These people will be a major help in the transition into your college life.

I brag about how the teachers are always there for you. If need help they are great about working with you to make sure you are understanding the lesson.

Amy

I would have to start out by telling myself to learn to manage my time just a little bit better. The staying up late and proscrastinating is something that going into the graphic design business you just can't do. I would like to tell myself to have a better financial plan too. I never saved the way that I should have, I would definitely go back and tell myself not to waste my money on the little things I thought I needed but never really did. That would have saved me a lot of stress this time around. The next thing I would do, would be to tell myself that it's ok to let go of some of the friends from high school that never really got you anywhere and embrace the new friends that you'll meet in college. Don't be afraid to meet new people because you never know, one day, you could be working for them, or they could get you the dream job you're trying to achieve. Mostly I'd want me to just relax about life a little more and know that everything was going to go great later on.

I wish that I would have known how much timing meals just right to make sure I get my moneys worth of meals in for the week would really take. It seems easy to just go get the food and not lose that transfer, but in reality, you get so busy, it's hard to keep up some days.

I brag about the great art department that I am fortunate to have while attending here. The professors and how they're so talented with what they do and it keeps things interested and I feel great to know I am being taught by people who are blessed with such a gift.

During high school I was painfully introverted; if I walked out into the world with this perspective on life I doubt I would have made anything of myself. Throughout college I’ve come to understand people better. Not through psychology classes, but from the structure of the classrooms in all subjects. As I took classes I found that a majority of teachers respond to students in a pleasant manor. Teachers seemed excited that they were there, reveling in the thought of sharing their own knowledge with a passion that inspires intrigue. Students were for the most part pleasant, not conniving and prone to exclusion of others. The college experience forces people to act kindly. It might have something to do with the wish not to feel excluded themselves; they only interact with each other a few hours a week and want to be liked. In any case seeing that college students were not as negative as high school children I really came out of my shell. I have become more open to others and have made many friends because of it. I feel more alive because I am a social being now who can still respect the value of solitude.

The University of Nebraska at Kearney has provided me with many opportunities that I would not have had at a larger college. I was able to study abroad at the Utrecht School of the Arts in the Netherlands through an exchange program at Kearney. The small size of Kearney allows professors to get to know me better which, in turn, enabled me to build a portfolio that made it possible for me to get into an art school overseas. The opportunity of studying abroad has made me a more independent person and has given me a life experience that I will continue to draw from after graduation. Having this experience as part of my resume and having the support of the professors at Kearney will be helpful when I start applying to graduate schools next year. The University of Nebraska at Kearney truly wants to see students succeed.

I think the best thing about the University of Nebraska at Kearney is its size. It is large enough to have a diverse number of opportunities for its students, but not so large that one can get lost in the numbers. Professors know you personally and want to see you suceed. The campus is more friendly as most students know each other; it is surprising how many people you run across when walking to class that you know or you have taken classes with.

The University of Nebraska at Kearney is not the place for someone who needs to be in a large city. While Kearney is a large enough city to meet most people's needs, it can seem like one is out in the middle of nowhere. The campus is contained within itself, so there are no city streets running through it. This gives it a rural feel, which would not be appropriate for someone who thrives on the bustle of a large city.

Michelle

Hello my name is Michelle Sequeira,and I attend Diablo Valley College(DVC).Its a community college that has done wonders for me.I love it ,I love the teachers there I admire them the way they teach with such passion and that to me does it all!.My school has open me to tons of experience such as the knowlegde I get ,the new people I come across on a daily basis the staff that help with everything trying to make everything as easy for you as they can.The value of attending such a great college is the education you recieve,the option of choosing and making mistakes and no one judging you.A staff that really just wants to help you find what it is you want to become or do ,also the people you meet because its a little taste of the real world you learn to become a well rounded person which is very valuable.When I first attended college my state of mind was that this is not for me that they are setting me up to fail and I was wrong!.I am here loving it ready to become some one in life.

Tyler

The University of Nebraska at Kearney has been awesome so far. I am a transfer student from Otero Junior College in La Junta, Colorado. I find that UNK is similar to the small town aspect but a big enough town for me to have a ton of fun. I love that Kearney is still considered an Aggricultural town in Nebraska. I think it is the best fit for me because it is not to big and not to small.

My college experience has been a lot of fun. Being an athlete has its perks but I wouldn't go to college any differently. I feel that athletics keeps me focused on school work and keeps me in the classroom. I first started attending college at a junior college in Colorado. The junior college helped me so much with getting a feel for college and knocking out numerous general studies credits. Transfering to UNK has been great. I have been able to jump right into my upper level courses and am looking forward to receiving my Bachelors degree. It is tough right now because I am in a degree that requires a lot of work and time. But I feel confident that I will be successful in getting a degree in Construction Managment. I look forward to my time remaining at the University of Nebraska Kearney not only as a student but as a baseball player. I wouldn't do anything differently in the road I have taken to accomplish a proper amount of higher education. College isn't what you see in movies and TV. I Think it is better.

Any kind of person should attend this school. There is so much to offer as far as off-campus events go as well as on campus events. Being an athlete this place is perfect for athletics. I wish I had to ability to be at a Divison 1 NCAA school but I am very happy at UNK. A person who likes being at a school with small classes and interactive professors would fit in at UNK. I like the small town feel and how UNK has treated me so far.

University of Nebraska at Kearney administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.