Fresno, CA
University of Phoenix-Central Valley Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Central Valley Campus

brianna

The class siz e is a unique feature about my school. Being able to be in a class of ten students or less has been great for my educational experience. I felt as though I was able to get the one on one help I needed at certain times. It was great to feel as though I was being privatley taught.

If I could go back and give my high school senior self some advice, I would definitley let myself know that I need to prepare better for college. Going into college, I believed it would be similar to high school and I would be able to breeze through without studying or having to put forth much effort. This was unfortunatley extremely incorrect and I was forced to learn this the hard way. I would also let myself know that school is important and that no matter what happens not to quit. Taking a two year break was something I regret and I would go back and change that if I could.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the emphasis placed on group learning. I know how important it is to be able to work in teams, but I do not feel that it should be such a priority. After a few classes, it got old and most other students were tired of it as well. Thankfully it seems as the the university has been listening to the students and is starting to eliminate the group aspect from the curriculm.

Rosa

The students of this program all understand teamwork, they are in it to excel.

The students of this program all understand teamwork, they are in it to excel.

If I could go back I would give my self a pep talk and remind myself that life is too short to look back and remind myself to always puch forward.

University of Phoenix and their staff made returning to school simple. Constanct communication and moral support, they walkid me thru all the steps and took time to explain each step. The classes are small and the professors are extremly knowledgable .

grace

I would tell my self to better prepare for future college and know exactly what field I would take. Do more research on the professionals fields.

some of the instructors

Janell

I have not expeienced any fristration while in attendence. Honest!

I have not expeienced any fristration while in attendence. Honest!

Nothing comes to mind. I looked around for a college that fits my lifestyle working full time and providing classses that work with my schedule.

If I could go back in time and give my high school self advice it would be to be serious about college. High school does not prepare you for the work load that college is about to bring. Take it seriously, I know Mom and Dad tell you not to throw away your future on boys and partying but listen to their advice. They aren't always wrong accept their wisdom. Take time to study and take classes on things you will enjoy learning. Step out of your comfort zone and find things you love. Do something everyday your future self will thank you for. Sieze every opportunity.

My classmates are determined and intellectual individuals who are strive to accomplish their personal and educational goals for their future.

This school is known for helping students develop skills to enhance their knowledge and careers .

As I reflect on my years succeeding high school, I must say I’ve had quite an experience. If an extraordinary event ever permitted me to stand before my younger self and share a few words of wisdom I would take advantage of the opportunity. I would gaze into the eyes of this young and confused girl and tell her, “Your journey into the military within this next year will be one of the greatest roller coaster adventures of your life. Once that coaster comes to a stop, do not fret for an even greater challenge will arise for you to conquer, a college education. You may come before obstacles that stand in the way, whether it is personal or financial difficulties; however the key to continue to your success is hold strong within yourself”. “Remember to study until your eyes get crossed from reading, no matter what the material…there is a purpose for this knowledge I promise you this. Hold your head high through all adversities and remember the quote that you learn in boot camp, Pain is temporary but pride is forever. Striving for an education takes strength, courage, and determination. Always remember your pride is forever”.

Elfega

Given the opportunity to go back in time and talk to my high school self I would advice myself to keep all my focus on school. I would tell myself that a college education is necessary for my future. That I need to keep up my grades because they do matter when it comes to being accepted into a University. I would also advice myself to apply to as many scholarships as I can becuase college is extremely costly. Knowing what I know now and not having that on campus college experience I would tell myself that it's okay to move away from home. Dorm life is a one in a life time opportunity. Don't be afraid of taking chances and moving away. Opportunities are not always around and when you get one take advantage of it and don't be afraid of making changes.

Compared to other schools I considered University of Phoenix was and still remains the best choice. university of Phoenix offered me a great opportunity in continuing my education. They offer a diverse amount of program s to choose from. They also have a friendly and helpful staff.

University of Phoenix is best known for their acadmic profficiency. This institution is structured to aid students into continuing and finishing their education successfully.

Aaron

Get it together. Staying in school is easier than restarting after a 'short' break. Life has a way of sneaking by on you where so much time has passed and there never was a better time for school. If you want to go to medical school you better do it now. There is no way for you to do it in your future unless you miss out on your childrens' young years. Your mind is sharp now and classes will be a breeze. Most importantly, if you do not change your ways now you will be me in the future. I know we want more for ourself than what we have now at 35. You are without a job and recently lost your house. You are stuck in a rental with no educational background to fall back on. Stay away from Evie, Julie, & Katryn they only keep you busy in unimportant things. Go on get in the mind-set of a father and take care of your future kids now by getting that good education now. I resent you for where we are now but love you for the kids we have now. Our future is now in your hands.

There is the option of on campus or online schooling here in Fresno. It is great for people with a family and working.

Very expensive. I am required to take some courses that are very elementary to me.

Cheryl

There is a point when you really do get to put things in perspective. Don't wait, do it now! Cheryl, there will come a day when you wish with all your heart that you had stayed in school. You will be a single mom raising three amazing children, you will be looking a college when you have one child in college and one about to start college. And while it would be a great lesson to them that it is never too late to achieve your dreams. Think instead of what it could be if you said, I know you can do it, because I did. There is such satisfaction in education, you will find that you spend your life learning. It is one of your great joys, so jump in, tackle your fears, take one day at a time, enjoy the process. Transision is necessary, it is what connects you to the next part of your life. Most importantly, just keep going no matter what... Life is a blessing, treasure each and every moment.

I wish I had been more prepared when it comes to financial aid. I was excited to go back to school, but was unprepared for how much i was going to cost.

Learning to manage my time. With not attending on site classes, effective time management is absolutely crucial.

University of Phoenix-Central Valley Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.