Tigard, OR
University of Phoenix-Oregon

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Oregon

Brandi

I would tell myself to go to college as a young adult, no matter what barriers might be presented to me. There is financial aid available, even if your parents make a living wage, there are scholarships you don’t realize exist, and loans are more affordable now than they will be in 15 years. MAKE IT HAPPEN! Going to college as an 18 year old student will be more fun and easier to handle than it will be when trying to juggle college, a career, and a family. If your high school counselor does not provide the information you need, seek it out. Be a self-advocate and figure out what you need to do. Being the first going to college in your family is not an excuse for ignorance. You are intelligent and while you may be eventually able to make it in a career, it will be ten times easier if you have a degree to start with. Don’t wait until not having a college degree becomes the barrier preventing advancement. You are important and worth it. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

The University of Phoenix is great for working adults. The classes are convenient and allow students to work their classload around family and career commitments. Classes are conveniently located and are taught by professors who currently work in their field of expertise.

People without jobs should not attend this school. Having a workplace to draw on for experience is helpful in class. Plus, this school is too expensive if you don't need the flexibilty. Community college would be a better choice if you have the time.

Sabrina

If i could go back, I would tell myself that even with a learning disablity that you would do great in collage and keep a great GPA , to not stress about the students and teachers who made of of you because yo have a LD.

Working moms, dads, and people who want to get school done,but can't always go to c ampus

Thomas

My school is best known for providing a high quality education via an online learning platform. This truly attracts students from all walks of life. I love that it brings finishing a bachelor's degree within reach for someone like myself, who has a career, is a father, and has a difficult schedule due to other responsibilities. I've attended online courses through other colleges previously and they were nowhere near as organized as University of Phoenix.

I knew I wasn't going straight to college after high school. I knew I didn't know what direction I wanted to take my life and education yet, so I knew I wanted to take some time off of school and take on work to have real experiences to guide my future decisions. That lead me to some great discoveries about myself, my abilities, and my passions. I wouldn't trade those decisions for anything. However, I could have done some things back then to make things easier on myself. I've taken a mix of classes up to this point, including some classes in architecture and design, which is the direction I aim to take my education ultimately. But, I've spent a lot of time as an adult trying to get my lower division and general classes taken care of so that I can focus on the more interesting subjects. The advice I'd give my high school self would be to put in the extra effort in high school and take AP classes that count for university credit. It's a beautiful option our schools have set up, so it should really be taken advantage of.

The best thing about my school is that has pioneered the concept of online degree programs, making achieving academic goals a reality for lots of people who previously didn't have much ability to keep advancing academically while still holding their lives together. The online classroom is really well executed and U of Px puts an immense amount of resources at student's fingertips. The instructors push you to your potential, but it's really gratifying to finish a class every 5-6 weeks and know you did it well.

Don

University of Phoenix is best known for helping working adults finish degree programs. They have designed their program with online or once a week evening classes that can be accommodated by adults with family, work and life obligations that make attending a regular four-year university impossible.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would jump at the chance. I would have told myself to knuckle down and start college courses right away. I worked a full time job during my senior year. I felt that I could work for a few years, save money, and then start school later. The problem with the plan of going back to school next year is that it will stay next year’s goal, and the next years. My high school senior self would have argued that I am not a good student, I don’t think I am ready for college, I am making good money in a full time job now, and for all these reasons I shouldn’t focus on school now. I would agree with myself that it would be harder to start college than not, but I would detail that it is even harder to sustain a successful life without a college degree. My final words to myself would be: don’t be afraid.

University of Phoenix is well suited for adult learners that are returning to school. I don’t think that students directly leaving high school would be as well served by the adult learning focus.

Jacqueline

As a first generation ever in my family to make it even through middle school all the way to where l am now, wasn't easy for my family and l after my father passed away. My recent college classes brought much out of me that l never knew existed especially painting. Recently a book was published was in my school documenting the best artist in my school. Six of my artworks got in among thousands of student selected but one of my artworks was published in the book to make room for others too. Seeing my work being published among best students was overwhealming. Unfortunately someone elses name was being placed under my work making that person to get all the credit and hardwork that l worked for. l confronted my art department Dean, they appologised saying it was a typo . l couldn't do anything because the books were out even sent to different colleges so other professors and student can see. l felt deverstated. l didn't know who to talk to till l recieved a letter from my school saying l should use the letter to validate my work for my future academic or atistice deavors.

fred

I feel it is unique the uiniversity offers both online classes as well as campus classes.The university is diverse in working with students schedules for those students that are not able to committ to a campus set schedule. The online classes is a great option for those that would like to get a degree and take classes at a convenient time for them. The communication through the online class is very easy to follow so the srtudnet who is new to online class not get fustrated, there are many ways for them to contact the university to assist.

I have learned a great deal of diversity amoung people, classmates , and teammmates alike. The studuents that I have been in class with come from differnt cultures and backgrounds, it truly is a gift to learn from them as the facilitator teams up the class. I have learned the correct way to make a presenatation, and have used this new skill set in meetings with my current employer. I am very excited to take this new found knowledge and apply it to my everyday life that I am learning such as speech, history, writing, and communication in general. I was never excited about going to school, but worked hard to earn my diploma; I am now older and enjoy going to class and meeting new people, the facilitatiors at the university are simply amazing, I have a 16 year old daughter and she is suprised that I am excited going to school and earning a BA degree and will continue to get a Masters. It has a valuable experience for me to see that my daughter has taken a more serious interest in her eductaion, and to me, there is nothing more valuable

I am enrolled in the campous class and the classmates are fantastic, they are older and very helpful and outgoing. The classmates/teammates are very excited about being in the class and you can feel the enrgy in the room. The classes I have taken through this university continue to gert beter, the classmates stay in communication off campus well with emails and phone numbers . Univiersity of Phoenix has each class biond with mulitple teams where you not have just a class mate but a team marte and a friend during class and even possibly fater the class is over.

Kathy

My classmates are very knowledgeable and come from many places around the states.

I would tell myself to do get better grades and to take courses in a field that I would be more interested in. Take extra classes to get me better prepared for the future.

I believe that any person that wants to learn a new career can attend University of Phoenix. They have been very helpful with helping me make my decision.

Corina

My classmates are all online students, they are mostly men and women in thier 20's-40's I who want to better thier lives by going back to school; most of them have children, and online is a way for them to suceed while still working and parenting

Assuming I could talk to my self 15 + years ago, I would tell myself to go to college straight through the first time. I had started college just out of high school, and had various different excuses why I couldn't finish. I would tell myself that finishing the first time would enable me to be better off financially and complete school with my original academic goals instead of settling on second or third choice goals to provide for my family. I would tell myself to finish with the first goal; I can always add to it later if I want. I would also tell myself it doesn't matter what my classmates think of me now, because down the road, I will never see or speak to them again even with the social networking sites. I would also advise myself to have some self confidence and be more assertive in order to gain the academic promise that high school has to offer. Again, I would tell myself to complete my classes and do the very best I can so I can succeed in college. Sounds corny, but that is what I needed to hear back then to have succeeded.

The best thing about my school is the flexability and support. I work 3 12 hour shifts a week, and have 3 small childrren and a husband. There is not physically enough time in the day or week to drive to a traditional campus and attend classes. Honestly, I am taking two classes now and am having a challenging time juggling all my balls. I could not imagine school without the flexabiltiy and the support system Univ of Phoenix gives all its students.

Sabrina

I would slow down first and not be so much in a hurry to grow up. I would tell myself that the best investment in myself over and above fashionable clothes, popularity, the ever important youthful idealism of " independence and liberty" to have fun and " live for the day" is a sure fire sentence to financial failure. I would tell myself that by " living for the day" one does not realize the rapid approach of the " tomorrow" and by living carefree and with youthful frivolity tomorrow approaches and you have no foundationational means with which to sustain yourself or family. I would encourage myself to build that educational foundation and enjoy my youthful liberty with more foresight and restraint. I would have learned to observe those around me who were older and " lived for the day" and then found themselves without the ability to support themselves. I would have realized that recipes are designed for more than cooking, because there are " recipes" for success in one's future too. The ingredients are there: education, a belief in one's self, and most of all learning to live for the future and not in the moment.

michele

If I could go back and talk to my high schoool senior self. I would tell her not to pass up College and strive forward and not let anyone take the dream away that has been set forth. Tell her that education is the best part of making it to anywhere in the world with a get knowledge to be the best in anything she could ever dream of. Reach high and strive harder then ever before and don't let that door close behind you, it will take much longer to get where you want if you wait to long.

Everyone should attend. They have great workshops for eveyone. In the studies there are tools to help manage your time to be able to get all tasks done as needed.

THe ease on being able to do schooling online and my own pace and set time frame to do my studies. The team work that is given to help me to succeed my goal to getting my Degree in Business.

University of Phoenix-Oregon administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.