Tempe, AZ
University of Phoenix-Phoenix Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Phoenix Campus

Manuela

I would tell myself to finish school and stick towards my goal of obtaining a degree. I got off course and started focusing on my career. I'm back in school now, with a solid plan of achieving my goals.

Not to be too general, but people who are not interested in obtaining an education. I have yet to see that in class but I'm sure I may run across some.

I currently haven't found anything frustrating about UofP. I'm a new student, and thus far, everyone has been very welcoming and the website has been user friendly.

Erika

My classmated are hardworking individuals who have chosen to better there lives by gaining an education.

Erika, you are fantastic. College is a different experience. It is wonderful and liberating. Your teachers expect the best from you. They are not going to babysit you. They are there to teach and instruct you. You can ask for help and they will be more than willing. Take advantage of that help whenever you need it. Try to finish before you start your family. Essays become so much harder when you type them with a two year old on your lap and three other children in the backround asking for help! I am not saying college can't be completed this way, just that it is easier to focus if those sweet children are not in the background when your studying. My biggest advice, don't let yourself become overwhelmed. You can do this. College prepares you for life. It will give you the opportunities of better jobs, better security, better income. Trust yourself, your smart, YOU CAN DO THIS!

I have not had any problems with my school.

Amy

The classes are small. The experience is much different than I imagine a tradition college one to be. Their focus is on their online classes, but that is helpful if you travel a lot or find it impossible to attend on campus.

On my journey back in time to advise my former, high school self with today's knowledge, I would bring a few books for myself to read then, instead of years later. Those books have improved my educational life, as well as my general, daily life. I would deeply explain and encourage the concept of critical thinking. I would tell myself to apply for scholarships and strongly consider attending community college locally before picking up, moving off, and exploring America. I would warn, "If you don't go right to college, you'll wind up attending in your late twenties instead- and it would be much more appealing to travel at that age." I would teach myself meditation, and tell myself to try yoga. I would also agree with my mom and confirm that indeed, your metabolism will slow down (around 26 years old) and you will not always get to eat cheeseburgers and ice-cream sundaes without paying for it later. I'd hug myself goodbye and part with only kind and optimistic words, as I've learned it's best to talk to yourself like you'd talk to someone you love.

I wish there was more of a community feel on campus. It feels like there are no activities students can participate in to facilitate bonding or growth as friends. We attend class, participate (mostly individually) in class discussion, are sometimes on learning teams... but there are no clubs or groups for socializing and bonding through the college experience.

Robert

This is a university that allows the student to handle both school and work efficently.

The advice I would give myself is to not waste time and get the education you want and need now instead of waiting to pursue your goals and dreams. I would explain that trying to go to school, have a full time job, and take care of a family all at the same time is very hard and that I wished I had gotten my education done early in life so I could just enjoy life with my family while having the education to financially support them.

I wish I had known that the education required the student to be involved in teams to earn grades. There are times that the student will have to do more than their own work for the team to get a good grade. The school will tell you that the members of the team that do not do their parts will not receive the same grades as the other members of the team that did do their work, but this is not true.

vernetta

My school is extrmemly helping when helping the students inside of the classroom.

It is a very small class size. Most classes that are considered to be full size consist of more then 30 students and sometimes it can be diffcuilit for a student to pay close attention and continue focus because of other students, or lack of attention span becuase of the fast race in explaining the assisgnments.

College is not easy, sometimes you will doubt yourself, and possibly give up a couple of times during the process; social living, interacting with the wrong crowd, being careless in class, and not focusing, can all be factors of being another statistic as a college dropout. Professors may give you a grade that you think you do not deserve, and mutilpte students, and different classes may bring you down as if you are worthless and not an "A" student. However, those are just milestones that are common in and outside of college coming from not only peers of your class but also family and friends unforunately. The worthiness of yourself is what makes a difference and through all the obstacles that will present itself before you will help you to succeed in college and outside into your profession. Never give up and remember that you are only living for yourself.

Angelina

If I could go back and have a conversation with myself as a senior I would tell myself that time management is key in every situation. I would tell myself to not take out as many loans and to apply for as many scholarships while still in high school as possbile. Lastly, I would tell myself to follow my gut and to not take a break after I graduated.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the new online classroom. I am adjusting to the new layout but I am still getting cofused where things are located.

Lady

Finding a balance between having fun, studying for your courses and planning for your next life step is a great way to start preparing for college, since you will be called upon to do this during your college years. Make use of teachers they are great resources not only for course help but also for college advice. They’ve seen countless students make the same leap and can help you find a college, choose a major or balance all of your obligations. slacking is making it hard for you to get in to your dream college, look into community college, distance learning programs and online degrees. Not only will a program like this keep you on the right academic track, you can transfer after a year or when you get your associates degree. Be realistic about your current workload , don't overload yourself always organize and stay on track. Keep up on your assignments, even after a tough week. don’t let yourself lose motivation, procrastinate or slack off completely. keep your eyes always focus on the main goals .. ATTEND all classes including the ACT/PSAT practice course , colleges pay great attention to them & last always try to HAVE FUN !!!

Mary

My classmates consist of middle aged women, with childern and husbands. Usually in class discussions prompted by the instructor, the conversation revolves around childern and their families. I typically feel left out and its a tad bit awkward to be the only twenty something student in class.

Seventeen year old Mary, You are a butterfly; Do not be afraid to be wild and free. Explore the outskirts of your comfort zone. Stay focused and stop skipping classes. Research more than one school. You actually got accepted into your dream school of Drexel. Go with your first instinct and don't second guess. You typically know what you want and with determination and hard work it will always pay off. Apply for scholarships and grants. Work, work, work - try not to take out more loans than you actually need. Above all else, promise to always follow your dreams, you are your own biggest supporter - and thats absolutely okay. Best Regards, Your Twenty-one year old self.

I wish I would've done more research instead of settling for this University. I have applied to several other schools that offer more to benefit me and my career field. Since attending University of Phoenix, I have been accepted into ASU, Drexel, Norwich, and Mary Baldwin; all of these schools provide a more indepth academic program for a Psychology degree. At University of Phoenix, I feel like I'm recieving the bare minimum in 5 short weeks.

ALEX

I would have definitely started right after high school. School is the most powerful place one can be in.

People who are looking for a traditional style university.

I tell them about the great experience going back to school is, specially at University of Phoenix.

Sandra

Go to college right after graduation because then you would have a better chance of achieving the goals you have set for yourself. Do not wait until you are 45 years old to do it. College is very important and the way technology is changing all the time you need training and knowledge to be able to understand it.

The flexible schedule is the best part of the University of Phoenix. The reason being, I work for Walmart and my schedule is very demanding and not the same all the time.

People that should not attend the University of Phoenix-Phoenix Campus are ones that do not want to work hard and learn about how to improve their career or to change it.

University of Phoenix-Phoenix Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.