St. Petersburg, FL
University of South Florida-St Petersburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of South Florida-St Petersburg

Anita

One of the things that is unique about my school compared to other schools I considered is the fact that it is a smaller campus, being a satelite campus, which makes it much more intimate. The classes are smaller which makes for better learning opportunities, in my opinion. You are able to get to know other students as well as professors better due to the smaller class sizes. The campus itself is also beautiful and located in a great area, on the water, with a lot to do near campus; including museums, art galleries, restaurants, and more.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self about college, the number one thing that I would say is to go to college, put in the effort, and don't give up! I say this because right after graduating high school, I went to college for only one semester, did not try very hard at all, quit, and did not decide to go back until six years later. I thought that it was going to be too hard and that I couldn't do it. I also was unsure of the career I wanted at the time, and instead of continuing my college education and figuring it out in the meantime, I just quit. Going back to college has been the best decision I have ever made, and now I can only wish that I had stayed with it the first time around, and I could be well on my way to success in my career at this point. Since I cannot go back, what I can do is to make the best of it this time around, putting all my efforts into my education and my future.

The number one thing that I brag about when talking about my school is the beautiful campus. It is right on the waterfront, with a georgeous view, and free water sports activities for students and guests. The campus itself is beautiful away from the waterfront as wel, including the beautiful fountain area and the architechture of the buildings. Being on campus just automatically puts you in a happy, positive mood, and you can see it in the students. Everyone on campus is so friendly and positive all the time.

My classmates at the University of South Florida - St. Petersburg are currently around my age (18-20) and all deligently working on degrees in Business, but that is due to my classes all being pre-College of Business courses.

Dear High School Senior Me, Congratulations on making it this far! We both know this wasn’t easy and at times it seemed giving up was a possibility, but you did it! There’s a few things you need to know before moving on into the world as a COLLEGE STUDENT! One, its one big, huge small town, full of wild adventures and comradery, so I recommend doing everything possible to live on campus because living at home has caused you to miss out on a lot. Also, don’t forget to get involved, and I don’t mean just academic clubs, but try NEW things and try to open your eyes to different views. It’s an amazing world out there, just give it a chance. Oh and one last thing… the boys are way cooler, so ditch that guy you have now, he’s not worth it! This is going to be an amazing life, just hang on for the ride and enjoy! Sincerely, You Awesome Future Self!

I wish I would have known that it would be so much like a small town, where everyone knows everyone, because then I would have pushed more to live on campus rather than commute to school.

Victoria

Eckerd College is one fo the 20 uniques colleges that will change your life and education, and better prepare you for the future.

The community is small but active, the classes are hands on and proffessors know thier students, and the campus sits right on the beautiful waters of the gulf coast.

I spent my senior year in college as a full time student. I lived on campus and went to class with regular college students, while fulfilling high school class requirements with my major requirements. If I could go back to the day I started college, I would tell myself to not panic and take the first semester slow by watching and learning before jumping head first into it all. I would advice getting a roommate because they actually help you stay on track and you’re not so alone all the time. I would warn against dating because it’s a distraction. I would say to myself that different college professor teach different ways and to learn to take notes different for each class instead of trying to take notes the same and struggle. I would tell myself to get more organized, to study with a group and remember to eat more than once a day. Most importantly, I would advice to relax and breath, because it’s all very intimidating but not impossible. I would look at myself and say what I needed someone to say to me back then, “Never change who you are, just learn to adapt.”

University of South Florida-St Petersburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.