Williamsburg, KY
University of the Cumberlands

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of the Cumberlands

Autumn

I have gone to two other colleges, but nothing has compared to my experience at UC. They have a phenomenal staff that is willing to work with you at any time. Their academics push students to go beyond the standards of most colleges. It is amazing to be a part of a wonderful family that actually encourages its students to thrive in the world outside.

Mary

Studying, work and classes sums up my usual week. There’s a lot of homework to be found at any point in the semester and some of the teachers are incredibly demanding. The on campus housing is good in some dorms, bad in others; for instance, in a dorm called “Asher” the sinks are caving in, but in a dorm called “archer” They recently put in good heating and air conditioners. It’s like that everywhere on campus, the older the building, the worse it is, but they do try to rennovate in a timely manner. As for the food options, there’s not many on or around campus. We do have a new Chick Fil A and Tossed in what we call “the grill,” located on the first floor of the Boswell student center, Starbucks is located on the second floor and we have a dining hall on campus that makes the best dinner rolls. For recreation, we have a large swimming pool that has certain times to be used and we have the new Wellness Center that features workout equipment, ping pong tables, pool tables, an Xbox, and most Monday’s have a smoothie night. Off campus there’s practically nothing to do and students spend most of their time at Walmart on the weekends or in Corbin, the next town over, where there is a movie theatre and a few good places to shop. There are some fun activities on campus, usually taking place at the beginning and end of the semester, but for the most part there’s a general focus on studying. That’s UC in a nut shell, it can be an interesting place to go, certainly if you are spiritual in any way shape or form.

Alysia

The campus is a very beautiful, small campus. Saturday nights are pretty quiet on campus, most people go home or to Knoxville, Tn. Class sizes are small and intimate, it almost feels like high school classrooms with less students in them. The only thing I hate about this school is the women's wrestling team, but that's because of personal things.

If I could go back and do it all over I still probably would have ended up at the Cumberlands however I don't think that I would recommend it to people. I came in a dual sport athlete and both of my coaches left after my freshmen year. One coach was a step up and treated the athletes better for the most part while the other coach did the opposite; clearly had favorites, treated others poorly, and was unable to stick to his word.

UC has been an excellent choice for my online graduate degree. The cost of courses is very competitive with other online programs. The courses have been rigorous, interesting, and have continued my love for learning into a content area that I was unsure about finding intriguing. The professors have been very helpful and understanding while offering a challenging atmosphere to push my knowledge further. With a combination of synchronous and asynchronous courses, they have created an online environment that is like an in-seat classroom, but in the comfort of my own home. This experience, at a small, private, liberal-arts institution, has been comparable to my classes at a large, state, research institution.

ashley

i really love the campus and the people are all very nice and respectable. They all will help no matter what or when, and they are very helpful to beat it. You can always count on your adviser or you teachers to really help you out when you don't know what to do or when you need the help.

Camorree

If you are looking for diversity, this is NOT the place for you. Unfortunately, I was lured in with false promises. There is very little to do off campus and it is in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing that really makes this school special. Only come if you are interested in sports, the ministries, or close to home.

arrico

If you go to UC you're are an athlete. Yes it holds up for the majority of the students.

I think that the football team and games are pretty exciting.

Most of the ones that I interact with are cool and down to Earth.

The academics are great. The teachers really help you understand the material.

University of the Cumberlands administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.