Upper Iowa University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Upper Iowa University

Madelaine

This school is perfect for anyone who likes the small schools and a close community. The school has a lot more to offer then some realize.

Morgan

Upper Iowa is a great place to learn and grow! Even though the town and school are really small, the school does a great job bringing other things in and offering cheap or free extra things to go to. The people are all nice, and welcoming. The price, however, is a bit expensive.

Erik

To someone who has never seen Upper Iowa and was suddenly thrown on campus it would appear that students are always bored in small town Iowa. This is far from the truth, there is always a sporting event to attend or you can go down to the local pizza shop with friends. Students interact with each other daily and this causes the student body to become like a family. Visitors get this family feeling as soon as they step on campus. I did and that's why I chose to attended Upper Iowa University.

caitlyn

My overall opinion of upper iowa is that it is a perfect school for me. The teachers are great with working with you and are avalible at all times. One of my favorite things about upper iowa is we can take 2-3 classes for 8 weeks. I find that, that help alot for me expectially since I stuggled in highschool.

Tasha

I love the school and the flexibility of the classes, I love the way I'm able to chose which classes I want to take. I love that the classes are every 6 weeks. The professors are always there when you need to talk or even if you need a better understanding of assignments.

Breanna

I think it is a great place to go. The class size is small, so the professor gets to know and work with you more one-on-one. The professors are very available and have come and met with students on the weekend and during breaks, if they needed help with something. The college encourages students to be involved, and their clubs can work around academics.

Benjamin

Professors are always available, including weekends. Class sizes are small, so you really get to know your professors. Semesters are broken down into eight week segments which allows you to spend more time on a given subject. Food is great. Entrees, mongolian grill, salad bar, brick oven pizza, Plenty to choose from. The small town atmosphere may not be for everyone, but I like it.

ron

school sucks!!! my daughter went there last year and when she tried to transfer to play basketball at another university the school made her jump threw a ton of hoops. The athletic director is a moron. Just way to much with this so called school to list like your kid working for the school and not getting paid for months. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS NUT HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevin

Upper Iowa university is a college at small size campus that I like, very good on academic and culture and I like the fact that sport occupies more than 58% occupation and I always have a time with all my Teacher and my advisor. I feel safe at all times

Alan

Upper Iowa from what I saw was a beautiful campus. As an athlete it was important to see what I will be playing and training in and the athletic facilities did not let me down one bit. Campus is small and the people that attend the school are genuinely nice. Coming from California and living in a big city, the campus is kind of in the middle of nowhere but, it is somewhere I can see enjoying the next four years of my life at. The Mongolian grill was amazing! The class rooms look new and nice and the student to faculty ratio is amazing to actually learn and not be afraid to ask questions.

Bryanna

I enjoyed going to UIU to get my undergraduate degree and am excited to be going to obtain my graduate degree. I am from the Waterloo area so I went to the Center which I very much enjoyed. Even though I took courses both at the center and online I would say that teachers were very responsive.

Chloe

I love Upper Iowa university, It's a small school with a huge personality. It's very small so you know everyone, which is nice and everyone is close. Athletics is huge for us. about 80 percent of the students are athletes and we all get along very well.

Tornicha

It's a great college!

Jatoya

I love the environment, student population & diversity, & the interaction with my professors. It reminds me of a few local community colleges. I am strongly considering enrolling in Upper Iowa University's Graduate Program once I complete my undergraduate degree.

Eric

I think the staff and school are very committed to helping the students achieve their educational goals. The administration staff is extremely helpful and helped me ensure that I had everything I needed and was on track to start my classes. When I had a financial issue, they were very helpful in helping me figure it out, and ensured I got my money.

Breanna

Upper Iowa University is in a secluded portion of northeast Iowa where not much happens because it is more secluded. Personally, I have never been to the campus but from my former classmates who attend the university, the campus looks pretty and peaceful. Taking online courses through Upper Iowa is also a great experience and is a good way to continue your education without stepping into a classroom!

Brandon

Upper Iowa University is an overall good institution with plenty of opportunities to help people become more educated and helps to prepare them for professional work. I would definitely recommend this university to others, whether it's the main campus in Fayette, Iowa or the centers across the nation, or even online.