Minneapolis, MN
Walden University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walden University

Ginger

It is a school that is best known for it's concentration on social change. Also it is an online university so it allows nontraditional students to achieve something that they might not otherwise have the opportunity to achieve.

Knowing what I know now, I would not have wasted my time in the biology field. I had taken an abnormal psychology class and absolutely loved it. I would have switched my major then and by this time in my life I would have been doing what I really want to do instead of having wasted the last 14 years of my life doing something else. The most important thing is to really know what you want to do and go after it. Don't let anyone tell you that it isn't something you should or can't do. Once you find out what you want to do, go for it.

The kind of person that should attend Walden is a non-traditional student that wants to make a change in the world.

Melissa

My classmates are very friendly and are very interactive in their daily assignments and activities. I love that they also find the time to get together online when someone needs help to assist just like a traditional brick and mortar facility.

I love the flexibility of online distance learning and that it allows me the chance to work and take care of my son with ease. Furthermore, it takes away the hassle of rushing to a traditional learning facility and cuts back on all the expenses of traveling back and forth to school.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would start researching and applying for scholarships to pay for college before i graduated to ease the burden of student loans. In addition, this would help to minimize the burden of accrued interest that stems from loans so that i could graduate debt free. Furthermore, i would also save up money for college for miscellaneous items and buy a reliable car so that i wouldn't have to worry about car pooling which can be very challenging getting from point A to B.

Angela

I would tell myself to take things seriously; to buckle down and get ready for a roller coaster. Ever since I was a kid I wasn't the best at school, but I had passion, so I felt like that should make up for everything. It definitely helps to be enthusiastic, but I would tell myself that I need to be careful, that I should pay attention and focus. I need to have priorities. While it's good for me to have dreams, I need to know the way to accomplish those dreams, I need to have a paved path in front of me. "No matter what happens, no matter what people say to you or how bleak things look, don't give up." That's what I would say when I sit down in front of myself, then slide myself the little booklet from the university I got in the mail. I know my high school self would be enthralled by it, because even when I was little, I had those same dreams. While I've never given up on the dream, there's been times when I thought it was impossible. Now I know that's not true.

Florence

I would tell myself that I should apply for scholarships for colleges since I want a better life for myself. I would have to come up with a list of colleges that I would like to attend based upon my major and if the college is accredited or not. I would talk to all of the enrollment advisors at the different colleges that I chose about their financial aid, and about academic advising. I also would enroll in the college that fit me best right after college since I will be more educated in the healthcare field at an early age. After I finish my first degree, I would want to enroll in college for a second degree. I believe an individual cannot receive too much education. The more education an individual receives the more knowledgeable and successful the individual will be in life. I would also understand that I will receive no refunds since I want all the funds go towards my college education. I would give my all to keep between a 3.5-4.0 grade average. During my spare time, I would volunteer at different clinics and hospitals so I could gain experience and more knowledge.

I think a person always want immediate answers and higher expectations from this school should not enroll there. A person that is low income or just relying on financial aid should not enroll since there technology fees and program courses consistently goes up ever quarter/semester.

The most frustrating thing about Walden University is that they are late when it comes to what kind of financial aid package they are going to award you, do not have your own academic advisor or financial advisor help you along the way. The University sometimes acts like a business instead of a college that wants to support their students. Another frustrating thing is they only have scholarships for only 6 programs for undergraduates. If any undergraduate students do not fall under the 6 programs they will not be eligible for a scholarship.

Jenniffer

Engage in the social activities but focus on grades and learning. Go beyond just passing with an "A" to understanding by demonstrating what you have studied. Take a proactive stance and apply for scholarships early with a clear set of goals and intentions and think of how your education will serve others as well as yourself. Be grateful for your time as a youth.

Dedicated to their field and friendly.

Brian

Find other ways to go to school and never give up. Life is very hard to say the least. You are meant for greater things yet it requires a lot of sacrifice. In the end, all that you have to go through will be worth it when you see the lives you have changed because of your desire to make the world a better place.

Vicky

Getting your education is one of the most important thing you can do in your life. Not matter what people say, everyone is capable of getting their education and doing it with honors. Don't just settel for what you have now, push yourself to have more and to be more. These days with the economy the way it is we need every advantage we can get. I teach at Virginia College Online but there just is not enought money to pay for the last four courses, one more residency, and my dissertation, so close and yet so far.

The instrustors are the best professors around. They listen to you and encourage you to do your very best.

Walden is a wonderful school to attend! The professors really want you to be a success, and they believe in you.

Karen

Walden is a member of Laureate International Universities—a global network of 57 accredited campus-based and online universities offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more 600,000 students around the world. Laureate International Universities (LIU) spans 28 countries and more than 100 campuses throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. As a member of this network, Walden offers a number of benefits, including an LIU tuition-reduction opportunity* for anyone enrolled in an LIU university, study-abroad, exchange, or dual-degree program..

Study, study, study and network as much as you can and you will succeed.

There is nothing frustrating about Walden University.

Raven

I would tell myself to stay strong. College is 180 degree turn around from High School. Every day you are surrounded around distractions that you didn’t even think would distract you. College is like a train that keeps going and slows down for no one so you have to be ready for everything that comes your way. The way you study in High School is not going to be acceptable in college. Yes you graduated with NHS honors but that means nothing once you get into college. You have to start off fresh and new, all your old habits have to be thrown away. Don’t get me wrong, the transition sounds rough but it will also be a life changing experience. Not only will you be learning different and more complex material, but you will also learn how to study the correct way and become a more disciplined person. You’ll have your fun and make new friends but you can never forget what you’re striving for.

Walden University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.