Walden University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Walden University

Mary

STAY AWAY!!!! I AM SERIOUS!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!! THIS UNIVERSITY KEPT ME IN THE PhD CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAM FROM 2004 to 2021 TO MAKE MORE MONEY AND NEVER GAVE ME MY DEGREE!!! THEY PUT ME 1,000,000 IN STUDENT LOAN DEBT WHICH I CAN NEVER PAY BACK!! THEY ARE CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION!!!! HOPEFULLY THEY WILL CLOSE THIS UNIVERSITY DOWN!!! I have a serious complaint against Walden University. I enrolled in the Clinical Psychology PhD program in 2004. And this University WALDEN UNIVERISTY threw me out of school for not checking two boxes on the Learning Agreement in March 2021. They prolonged my degree for years and made a fortune on me. I am now in debt in students loans in excess of 1,000,000. I only 13 months to go to complete my degree in PhD Clinical Psychology, and this university took it from me. This university makes a practice of bringing students in, prolonging their degrees for years, so as to make a fortune on us, and then in many cases does not even give you your degree. The allotted time they kept me in the school was constant, from 2004 to 2021. I never took off a term, or failed a class, actually my grade point average, is 3.85. I have written proof of everything if you need it. Walden kept me in school year around including the summer terms. I had a practicum site to begin in June, I only had 500 hours left, and would have completed that in 3 months , then at the same clinic, I would have went into internship, doing 2000 hours which again would have taken me 1 year. So I only had 13 months to complete my degree, and the university would not let me complete it. They would not approve the clinic. It was an excellent clinic, they were going to pay me for the practicum, and my supervisor there said I could also do my internship there. Because of COVID, I was scheduled to do it remotely, which I contacted the State Board of Psychology here in Michigan and they said it was fine, and still the university would not approve it. They made up excessive lies in the letter they sent to me to remove me, all of which was not true. This university kept me in dissertation alone for 7 years, and made a fortune on me. I am now over 1,000,000 dollars in student loan debt for keeping me in this university so long, so they could make more money, a standard practice for them I believe. Every since I started this university they have put every obstacle imaginable in my path to prevent me from finishing this degree and prolonging this degree, that they never gave me. It took me a few years even to find a practicum site because no clinics wanted to do business with this crooked university. This university cares only about the money!! The learning was a nightmare as the professors knew nothing of what they were doing. I learned nothing there. They are trained to keep students in the school for as long as they could to make more and more money, and never a guarantee you will ever graduate. Now I am thrown out of the university with 1,000,000 dollars in debt and cannot pay it back. THIS WAS MY LIFE WHICH IS NOW TORN APART. I am sending this letter to every entity that they deal with, and many that they don’t. This is a travesty that this university should be able to operate here in the states, and do this. They also operate in other countries. They should be abolished from practicing here. I have already filed complaints with the Attorney General and student loans. I am suing the university!! There are many many other students like me coming from this horrible crocked university that the university has stolen their money! This university used to be accredited by the higher learning in Minneapolis, but there were so many complaints against this university that they dropped them. WALDEN UNIVERSITY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. THEY ARE MAKING MILLIONS AT THE STUDENTS EXPENSE. THEY PROMISE TO GIVE YOU A DEGREE, BUT WHAT THEY DO NOT SAY IS HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET THAT DEGREE, IF YOU GET IT AT ALL. I AM NOW OVER 1,000,000 DOLLARS IN DEBT WITH NO DEGREE AND NO WAY TO MAKE A LIVING IN THE FUTURE. THIS IS ANOTHER TRUMP CROOKED UNIVERSITY THAT THEIR ONLY PURPOSE IS TO STEAL MONEY FROM SUDENTS. IF YOU LOOK ON THE INTERNET YOU WILL FIND MANY STUDENTS LIKE ME!! STAY AWAY!!!!

Laura

I have enjoyed my time at Walden thus far. However, I think their tuition is a little bit overpriced, there should be more opportunities for scholarships made available to students. So far the professors have been wonderful with a few bad apples here of there. Like any other online school, you basically teach yourself the material. Some professors participate in the classroom, while others offer very little feedback. The situation is what you make it. Time management is key!

Karen

It is an on-line School that offers a flexible schedule for the adult learner, who has a family and work. The staff are friendly and answer your questions immediately and if they don't have they answer you are transferred to someone who can help you. I was having issues logging on and the tech department was very patient and kind and walked me through step by step until I was able to login into the student portal. Nice and supportive staff.

Krista

I have been attending Walden University since 2013, and have loved it. The teachers are always available if and when things come up or if you need clarification on a subject. All of the staff offer constructive criticism to help you learn and improve your writing and critical thinking skills.

Trena

Walden has provided attention to detail of the needs of students. It is a top of the line education program for professionals who work full-time and want to further their education. It is an opportunity for advancement without having to relocate or rearrange my schedule.

Steven

Wonderful school

Misty

To be honest can't say much about this school since I recently just started my Masters program through online. Although they are making sure I'm prepared for online courses and making sure I know where all the tools are through their portal. This will make sure I can get the best resources to get a good grade in the class.

Mary

Walden is a highly equitable-minded institution of higher learning (IHL) that advocates for environmental, political, and social reforms. Walden University offers an outstanding Education Department with supportive professors, mentors, academic advisors, and honor societies.

olivia

Walden is an existed 100% online class made for those who think they might not be able to go to school due to some major life hooked-up like being a mom at the same time full time employee with some other stuffs.

JEAN NATE

I truly like the university; however, this is a completely online campus. They truly encourage new students to come to the campus. I was invited to a formal five-course Italian dinner prior to becoming a student. I was sold on the university with that.

donaLea

Walden University is a online school that I find myself being very thankful for since I work full time and have a family to take care of. I have not started my courses yet I believe my start date is January 9th 2017. I am still trying to come up with the funding for my tuition and other fees. so far my admissions counselor has been most helpful and insightful in my application process. so many resources available to help me get started at Walden University. The only disappointment I have is that there is no financial or grant and scholarship program to aid me in through this school.

Canjie

Many resources are available for students here; make sure you are suited for online environments. The teachers are available for help outside of class if requests are made and scheduled and also by email anytime. Take advantage of the webinars offered by the school for a variety of topics-writing, discussion, using the library, APA, research techniques all kinds of things and the webinars are archived for review at any time.

Kerie

This online university was a means to an end. I needed a bachelors degree, and this was a quick way to achieve that. The classes themselves were monotonous and repetitive. By that, I mean that nearly all the classes were replicas of each other with a different name in the subject line. The only exception to this was the one graduate level class that I took. It was interesting and required some actual thought. To top off my "delightful" experience, my diploma came postage due!

Candi

It's fine.

Laura

I think it is a great school. I live in Colorado so I do classes online. The teachers are very knowledgeable and have great advice given to students who ask questions about a certain topic that is being discussed that week. I enjoyed it all. I learned a lot.

TONYA

Walden is one of the greatest colleges in America. I love getting the attention I need when ever there is a need. Staff is always there for me even technical support. The school is an excellent choice for students and the curriculum is outstanding. I highly recommend this institution.

Melinda

I love Walden University. I am very pleased with my counselors and instructors. And I highly recommend this university to everyone. Online learning gives the flexibility to learn and study whenever and wherever I can. I work full-time, am a mother, and have all the responsibilities that come with taking care of a household. I love Walden!

Fay

I am highly impressed with the level of support and commitment I received from my professors The online classroom discussion models is perfect for the adult student who can use experience to assist in learning new concepts The diverse community is perfect for my area of study which is public health. It is an eye opening to learn and understand the health disparities of the world

Kadie

acedemics are adequate, the same as I would expect any where. Academic advising is helpful when asked. However reading your current degree progress is difficult to understand and there is no direction for course selection unless you ask specific questions. Financial services are horrible and it is difficult to get anyone, let alone a nice anyone on the phone.

Tracy

At Walden you have to be up-to-date with technology and know how to use Blackboard. The courses are mostly self driven with the professors given you feedback on your course work. Most students are working full time and it does take work-life-school balance to be able to complete the degree programs.

Michelle

Melanie

Walden is a great school for someone who is non-traditional, and needs to take online courses. If there was a review based on distant learning, I would say that Walden provided the best education for me. If they offer any programs I may be interested in the future, I will definitely go back to this school.

Melanie

Marcus

I think Walden University is an excellent school so far. I am an online student, and I receive all of the perks that students who live on campus receive. Walden was recommended to me, and I will be sure to pass the school along to others. However, I think the price of tuition is much higher than local colleges in the state of Georgia.

Carlesia

I absolutely love attending Walden! It is probably one of the best online schools I've attended. I was able to get my sister and 2 of my coworkers enrolled at Walden. My sister is enrolled in a Master's program and both of my coworkers are enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program. I've already started looking into completing my Master's degree at Walden next year once I finish my Bachelors degree program. Every departments is helpful. Its a great university to attend.

arlene

it is a very good university and big on positive social change which i appreciate. The professors are always accessable and they have many places to go for help. There are tutorials for anything you would have a question about. Also opportunities to travel with other students and staff at discount prices.

Leah

Walden University has taught me to become academically focused, disciplined, to strive for more, become involved in my community, and to make positive social changes every day. Walden University's main focus is positive social change, which I make every day in my community, just by working at our local plasma donation center. I meet and interact with new people every day, even though most are regulars. I make donors feel welcomed, that way them come back to donate, and in return, are saving lives of those who are in need of medications made from plasma (i.e. burn victims, patients with immune disorders, etc.). Thanks to Walden University, I am the definition of an adult with discipline and community involvement.

Frank

I find my experience at Walden University to be fascinating thus far. The university has an amazing diverse population of students, allowing for very rich intellectual discussions on health, policy, and treatments for both chronic and infectious disease. The scholars here truly desire to fine tune their research abilities to have active knowledge on how to improve the quality of life and well-being of the community.

Misa

Its an on line school so several of these questions do not apply. Prophessors all have a PhD, and are receptive and helpful. The assignments are scheduled and strictly enforced. There are weekly discussions and usually assignments every week or every other week depending on the difficulty.

Carson

I think that everyone that Walden is extremely helpful, and they make sure you understand every part of the enrollment process, and continue to help you afterwards as well. The instructors are great, and provide a lot of feedback to help you improve.

Bridget

Walden is an online exclusive university, and is geared towards the working professional. The professors are there for you every step of educational path. We have weekly discussions and weekly research papers. Most undergraduate classes are 6 weeks in length, and graduate course are 8 weeks in length. Overall it has been a great experience for me as I journey through my Master's program.

Ana

I attend all online classes so most of what was to be rated did not exactly apply. However, the staff and faculty is ALWAYS available to answer questions, respond promptly, ALWAYS ready to help, and they make sure you are absolutely ready to embark on the journey of online classes. their student orientation is fantastic and incredibly helpful. I am very excited to be a student here!

Edwin

Great learning environment

Overall, they lack information when it comes to financial aid. So, if a student is dependant on financial aid to live, they need to do their research on how much they need and how much they will get. The financial aid office is not very helpful in details. The classes are good and the professors are fairly easy to contact.

Walden University has surpassed all of my expectations thus far in my college education journey. The one thing that I absolutely admire the most about Walden University is the open availability that the professors have to their students. They not only provide contact information that includes their email and their office hours, but they include their mobile numbers. This is a tremendous help to students because it lets us students know the faculty is truly there to help us succeed in our education. Another thing about the faculty is that if they have to post a class announcement, they will also email the students a copy of the announcement so that no student misses out on a potential important class update. As far as I am concerned, Walden University goes above and beyond for its students and that is one thing that is incredibly important to me.

Alysha

I love it the people are very responsive and help with as much as possible the online class is very easy to maneuver 24/7 help great academic leaders I've really learned alot and we just began looking forward to the time I have up ahead of me with this amazing college

My experience at Walden University has been wonderful. The enrollment process was easy and I was able to get started with classes pretty quickly. The professors are knowledgeable and accessible and have been very helpful during my time here. Student Advisers and Academic Advisers are not only easily accessible, but reach out at the start of every class to check up on students. I am just starting my second year, but plan to obtain my BS in Psychology from Walden and am considering going for my Masters with Walden as well.

Tilwanja

I attend online. The classes are intense! Six weeks, 5 credit hours. For adult learners with limited time, its great! My professors provide great feedback. Some are more timely than others. I feel very supportive in each class. They also accept transfer credits- a must for returning adults.

scott

It is a top school for education and i look forward to attending. an online school experience is something that is right for me because it is a cheaper option, it allows me to work full tome and do schooling full time, and also keeps me home to watch over my family.

Consuela

I have had a great experience with Walden University. The administrative staff are very helpful and knowledgeable of the process from admission to financial aid. The professors are knowledgeable and fair. The overall student community is supportive of each other. Peruse the Walden website, and discover that there are so many resources to support student success. I travel often providing training and technical assistance services and need the flexibility of online courses. Walden University has proven to be an exceptional choice for me.

Philip

When I Began my journey at Walden I was 50 yrs old with a son in college. Each office I called was super responsive and willing to assist me in my quest to obtain a college degree. The one glaring component was the level of encouragement and excitement working in concert form the Walden university staff. Overall I give Walden an A rating for the support and providing the opportunity for a working adult as my self to get the drivers seat to secure my college degree.

Kristie

I love my classes and the Instructors. It’s an online college so the students communicate through email, Facebook forums and discussion boards. The instructors provide excellent feed back and the textbooks are up to date. The videos, though theories may remain the same, could use some updating. My only concern is the length of time it takes to grade an an assignment.

Doris

I love Walden! It has allowed me to further pursue my dreams! Thank you!

Christina

It is a very diverse and excellent school. The classes and professors gear toward success! The professors are available during the regular office hours or via email all times of day. They answer your questions efficiently and effectively. The students actively participate in each other’s group postings and chat about our field. So far, I am enjoying my Walden University experience.

Walden is an Online accredited college. You can push yourself through a bachelors degree while working full time. It is semi self paced which gives you flexibility to complete your assignments. The professors are friendly and helpful. They encourage you to challenge yourself and be proud of your hard work. I definitely recommend Walden to anyone especially students who maybe older in age and have children or who work full time but not limited to.

michael

This school is wonderful and able to do online. With today changing to more of an online base it helps and works wonders.

david

My current view is Walden is a great place to learn and network with other students. Its a great experience in my life! The facility are very helpful and the University has a lot of resources to used for learning. I would recommend Walden University to other students like myself who are seeking their master degree in nursing because the professors are very supportive with regards to learning.

Ricky

Everyone is great! I was greeting by an enrollment adviser who walked me through the steps of applying. They got me in quickly since classes were starting 2 weeks after I applied for the school. This is very quick considering I applied to another school three weeks and I am still waiting on a response.

My over all opinion of Walden University is that it's a great school. I enjoy the faculty, my peers, and the instructors. I am planning on continuing my education with the school obtaining my master's and doctorate in business. I am excited for what is yet to come!

Julieta

I have been at Walden for the past two year. I feel very satisfy with the overall experience. Professor are very supporting and knowledgeable.