Minneapolis, MN
Walden University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walden University

Karen

Walden is a member of Laureate International Universities—a global network of 57 accredited campus-based and online universities offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more 600,000 students around the world. Laureate International Universities (LIU) spans 28 countries and more than 100 campuses throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. As a member of this network, Walden offers a number of benefits, including an LIU tuition-reduction opportunity* for anyone enrolled in an LIU university, study-abroad, exchange, or dual-degree program..

Study, study, study and network as much as you can and you will succeed.

There is nothing frustrating about Walden University.

Raven

I would tell myself to stay strong. College is 180 degree turn around from High School. Every day you are surrounded around distractions that you didn’t even think would distract you. College is like a train that keeps going and slows down for no one so you have to be ready for everything that comes your way. The way you study in High School is not going to be acceptable in college. Yes you graduated with NHS honors but that means nothing once you get into college. You have to start off fresh and new, all your old habits have to be thrown away. Don’t get me wrong, the transition sounds rough but it will also be a life changing experience. Not only will you be learning different and more complex material, but you will also learn how to study the correct way and become a more disciplined person. You’ll have your fun and make new friends but you can never forget what you’re striving for.

Brenda

I have been here since July 2010 and I love it

I have been here since July 2010 and I love it

I would say stay focused and don't flip flop like I did.

If there are some I have not found them

ASHLEY

Walden is best known for its variety of online degree programs both undergraduate and graduate as well as the quality of their online professors.

College is completely different than high school. You get to choose your courses, which means you get to learn about things you are interested in. If you are unsure of what you want to do with your life enroll in a community college so you don't blow all your money on pointless courses. If you're still unsure of what you want take some time off, work, or travel, and come back when you're ready. The most important thing about college is to enjoy yourself because when you enjoy yourself and what you're doing you will be successful.

Kelli

Time goes by very fast. You will hear this all the time and maybe you won't listen, but you need to enjoy every moment you have in high school. I am in Brazil right now, doing foreign exchange, and it seems like just yesterday when I was going to my senior Prom and Homecomings. I can almost hear the screaming of the fans in the final seconds of my last soccer game. I love where I'm at right now, but I also miss all of my memories of high school. This is your last year before you have to move on to the real world and make big decisions. Enjoy every second you have and appreciate everything in your life. Being gone for over three months now has made me realize how much I miss my friends and family. Don't take anyone or anything for granted because you won't always have them right there by your side. Take advantage of the little responsibilities you have. You have the rest of your life to be independent, so don't try to so hard to grow up so fast.

Linda

Having a great curriculum, faculty, and they belong to The Laurete International Universities Network. The advising and financial aid teams are amazing, they take their time and treat each student as an individual not as dollar signs.

I would tell myself, not to wait and take that year off between high school and college! The reason, it is too difficult to get back into the swing of studying and taking notes and the like. I would also say not to dwell so much on the high school drama that all teens get wrapped up in, because when it comes down to it, that stuff does not matter. I would also tell myself to really work hard on having great study skills because you will need them more than ever. I would also tell myself to get over the fear of meeting new people and being intimidated by new teacher's or professors, because meeting a new professor is not so bad, I have actually gotten along well with all of mine so far.

That they allow students that carry a certain level GPA, to take masters courses as electives while you are getting your bachelor's degree and if you take your masters courses with Walden those credits will work for both degrees. They also allow those same students an opportunity to take an extra class each quarter and that in the end lowers your college duration.

Michelle

All races from all parts of the United States. Most are working adults or stay at home mothers over 25 years old. Some are continuing their education beyond high school, but many others are getting degrees to advance their current careers.

I grew up in a very small town with limited funds. I was very scared to move somewhere new where I didn't know anyone. I would never encourage someone to marry right out of high school without attending a year or two of college. Fears have dictated many large, life changing choices. Once I was out on the world on my own, my confidence began to grow and was no longer as uncomfortable in new situations as I once was. College not only lays the building blocks for a professional career and learning, but it also allows for personal growth and discovery.

Working adults or those who may not have easy access to a university. Also someone whose degree program may not be offered in their current location.

Meredith

no personal contact, online classes

no personal contact, online classes

I have learned that I am smarter, stronger and more capable than I ever gave myself credit for. I completed my first year of high school then left home. I spent my life thinking I wasn’t smart enough to have a good job, or to go back to school. I have completed 26 units to date. I am surprised at how well I am doing in school. I am also surprised at this obsession I have to maintain a 4.0 GPA. Online studies works for me! I am committed to earning my BS, and I look forward to graduating April 2014. All of my classes have been challenging and valuable learning experiences. I learn something new every day!

how much i would enjoy it. I should have started earlier.

Michelle

Walden University has a wide variety of programs to choose from, some of which can't be found anywhere else. Dedicated academic support is available for students and financial aid is also available to those who wish to apply. There is a college library loaded with articles and databases for research, smartthinking tutorial service, a student assistance link for those who need assistance, and a writing center. The curriculum is uniformly structured and it is easy to navigate the college’s web site. I'm glad I chose Walden University and you can be to.

By attending Walden University, I have been given the opportunity to study in a growing field. Upon completion of my studies, I can be assured that I will be able to find career placement. I am very excited to be in the program I am, and I can rest assured that I will be a success in my future endeavors.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend Walden, is one who wants to attend a traditional college that has traditional college classes. If you don't want to "think outside the box" then I wouldn't recommend Walden University

Corrin

The most valuable things I have gotten from college so far are organization, education, and socialization. I believe organization is important because it teaches me to prioritize not only my school responsibilities but my life responsibilities. I am now better able to balance my funds, pay bills on time, and keep accurate records of all transactions and important documents. Education is important to me because it encourages my mind to grow, and that not only affects my future capabilities but my own self esteem. I believe one should never stop learning and I can honestly say education fuels my heart, mind, and soul! Socialization is also important to me because it opens my eyes to other people and their situations. You can say that I am somewhat sheltered, so through school I have met and interacted with many different people and I am extremely thankful for it.

Walden University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.