Walters State Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Walters State Community College

Jacqulin

I really enjoy the school and people and if you need help you can always find it. The teachers are available to speak to about anything even if you have to email them they are always quick to respond. The people are really friendly and will go out of their way to help you.

Jonathan

Very good college at a fantastic price of admission. Many opportunities inside and outside classes. Fellow students are friendly. I haven't had a bad professor here, all are friendly, care about their student's success, and understand their subjects with passion.

Gabriella

It's a really cute little college and I enjoy the proximity of my classes. It has some great little study rooms and the library is really nice. I do wish there was more natural light in the math and behavioral science building. And now the cafe has closed down so you have to go off campus to find food that isn't from a vending machine. The teachers do an excellent job and are always accessible. If you put in the effort, this college can do great things for you.

I am overall fairly fond of Walter's State so far. I will be attended my first semester there this fall and am very excited about it. Everyone that has helped me along the way has done a fabulous job and I'm really looking forward starting the journey of my career there.

Kendal

I would highly recommend to anyone who is wanting to take advantage of the two year free community college offer to go to Walters State. The facilities, faculty, sport teams, and the entire campus is a five star community college. They offer free printing to anyone, have a fabulous cafe on campus and an extrodinary library. I would highly push going to this college to anyone who just wants to get an Associate's degree or general classes out of the way.

WSCC has the ideal classroom size so that each students needs are understood and each student has a chance to succeed. The Instructors are knowledgable and passionate about the courses they teach. They are available to speak to outside of the classroom and I have witnessed their desire to help the students. The community provides so many interesting things to do, the Smokey Mountains are in our backyard. The people who work at WCSS are very kind and helpful. It has been a pleasure working towards my nursing degree at WSCC!

Morgan

I think this school is okay if you only need an associates degree or if you’re going into nursing. Maybe if you get a scholarship on sports and go for free you should go so you can continue playing your sport and get the useless general Ed classes out of the way. Any other major should just bypass and go to a four year school.

I thoroughly enjoyed being a student at Walters State Community college. It is a great transfer college that is highly affordable and lets students take many of the core classes in a smaller campus before transferring to a four-year university. One of my favorite things about the campus is students have a much easier access to teachers than in many large universities. Most classes are less than 30 people, which gives it a more intimate feel and encourages students to think that they are not a faceless student or just a number, but an adult who wants to grow. They have a strong debate team in Walters State that wins several competitions, so if you want to learn how to think, how to think quickly, and how to think logically, join debate because it is the most useful organization on campus.

Bryce

I really like my school. It is a great school with a lot of benefits for everybody. I really like it because: there are small class rooms, the proffessors are friendly, small campus, close to home. Walters State Community College is a great college and I would highly recommed it to any body.

Makaiya

My overall opinion on Walters State Community College is that it is an amazing college ,I can not wait to move in and it seems like so much fun! And I am excited I am all about education and am excited because the teachers and the class sizes! That just means teacher on student focus!

I loved my experience here. I advise to get involved on campus, in clubs and especially the honors society. Communications department could be greatly improved upon. More options on campus, food-wise, would be amazing. Always trying to improve the campus.

kaitlyn

love it

Michelle

Walters State has been a great little campus. I would definitely recommend for those who are intimidated to university life, so they are able to build relationships and start networking with some incredible people. There are multiple campuses, the ones I have visited are in Sevierville and Morristown, both are nice and clean. There are opportunities around every corner here and the students encourage you to join in extracurricular activities.

I absolutely love this college! This college is very clean and safe. The teachers are always there to help out. The lady’s in the front office are super nice and always help out when need be. They have events every so often that offer free food, which is amazing on a college budget! I would recommend this college to everyone!

Kirsten Marie

Most individuals view community college as the option for those who are not fortunate enough to afford a 4-year university or just for those looking to start school again. While these are true statements that can be observed on the campus, Walters State Community College is a great and inexpensive place to start for one wanting to take control of their future and find the study of their choice. The facilities are readily accessible to the student body, and the faculty is encouraging and always ready to help. The school is very supportive for any activities or sports events that may be happening on campus, and they are always enjoyable to attend.

Shania

its okay

Mark

Walters State is a good school with great professors. It is in a small town and what comes in a small town is students with small minds. For example, I am gay and I have experienced discrimination from fellow students. The professors, like I said, are wonderful and willing to work with you on anything. The higher management of the schools seems to lack a lot and there aren't many clubs at the school. There also isn't a lot of variety in classes, which I do understand to a point but it would be cool to have more classes, especially in majors like foreign language.

Christina

I will be attending this college in the fall. When I was there for my tour, the people were very nice and helpful whenever needed. It was really nice and very clean inside the college as well. I really enjoyed visiting this college and can't wait to start there in the fall.

shianne

i am part of the dual enrollment program at Walters state. The teachers are so incredibly nice. They always seem to have time for their students. The campus is beautiful and there is a coffee shop near it that is amazing. The classes are not huge and so teachers can always have one on one time with you.