Wesleyan College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wesleyan College

Lindsay

I really enjoyed my time at Wesleyan and the atmosphere.

Rawlanda

Wesleyan College is an all women’s private college. They are not well known, but go out to different college fairs to try and persuade students to attend. Now that they have given me a scholarship, I have seen everything. If I had to pay out of my pocket, I would not be at Wesleyan College. I would go to a school with better dorm rooms (there is cracks in the floor and the dorms are just old in general). I would go to a school where the students are not more intellectual than the professors. I would go to a school where there is no isolation. Wesleyan could merge with Mercer on a lot of events, but they choose not to reach out. Overall, I am only going there for the scholarship, and it will stay that way.

Mary-Victoria

Wesleyan is a diverse campus that encourages women to be confident and independent. The professors make the college, as well as the rest of the welcoming staff. The school is mostly concerned with academics, although they do have a variety of sports. As I have been on the Equestrian Team, I have learned and grown with my teammates. Sisterhood is one of the cornerstones here, and is one of my favorite things about Wesleyan. It is difficult, but it has been a great choice for a college.

Bernice

Wesleyan College is a liberal arts private college in the rather small city of Macon, GA. The city itself has disappointed some prospective students who are fond of bustling cities with night life. Macon does have a night though, but for those who don't know how to find it, it's practically nonexistent. The college itself has a beautiful campus with cherry blossoms that bloom in the spring, and historical architecture that hints at its long history. The college was chartered in 1836, to give degrees to women and it still does. Wesleyan is a beautiful college, with amazing people and amazing classes. The professors are amazing and you will never get a professor that does not care about your academic success. They are easy to access and do not mind drop-ins, or short discussions after class. The class sizes are comfortably small, but there are some classes that will go up to around thirty students. I've also been in a class with over two other students. I really love that about Wesleyan. At the same time, the size of the college is a bit overwhelming. You can be sure that you will run into several people you know on the way to class. Wesleyan has its downs, and they vary depending on the student. One down for me is that the college caters more to traditional, on-campus students. Being a commuter and staying abreast on issues is challenging.

Grace

I recently applied to Wesleyan College and was accepted for the upcoming fall semester. Within the first few minutes of my first campus tour I knew Wesleyan would be a good fit for me. The most appealing aspect was the small class size- with very small student population class size is usually no larger than 20 people. This allows the students to interact with each other and to get to know the professor. I believe the smaller class size alone makes for a better learning environment. The small campus makes it easy to get around, yet there are still plenty of resources for students. The college is also very good about communicating with students- even before one is officially enrolled. Emails are sent out constantly so everyone knows what is going on. If you have a question or concern you can call or email and will get a response very quickly.

Telisa

Its a good school but we need less papers. Its a small amount of students in the classrooms. The teachers are most likely always available. I have had problems with roommates in the dorms but overall its a great school. The most important thing i love about the school is the sister hood

M

Wesleyan is an all girls school & it’s a beautiful campus! The dorms could use a little renovation though & some other building on campus but I kind of dig the vintage vibe it has. My favorite part of campus is the library, it has a modern twist to it & it’s open 24 hours. You’ll find a Kroger & chic-fil-a up the street & a couple of other stores so that’s a plus.. but tuition is not as affordable as they make it seem so apply for as much scholarships as you can.. also the admissions team is very helpful & nice. Overall the campus is nice & it seems like a great place to be for a young women who wants to be empowered & be surrounded by great minds

Anslee

Wesleyan is a great school. Very small and everyone knows everyone. There’s not a ton to do on campus, but when there is they have too much going on. The dining hall could be better, but it’s okay. Most of the professors are great. We have an awesome equestrian team.