Paducah, KY
West Kentucky Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Kentucky Community and Technical College

Cami
awesome!

awesome!

I went here for a semester and it was great. I only atopped going because I became unsure of what I wanted to do. My major wasnt what I wanted to do.

Dylan
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The Grisham Computer Lab where there is always someone standing by to help students with their homework.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The lack of certain fields of study such as game design or film production.

Typically very friendly and welcoming.

Challenging enough to make sure students study and take time to learn the material, but with support programs such as tutoring to help those falling behind.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors take time to try to get to know you as a student and help you one on one.

Kaelyn

Everyone thinks our school is filled with a bunch of low-life idiots, and it's very degrading. It's true for the most part.

A majority of the professors don't care, and aren't worthy of their degree.

Kortney

Save money! Apply for all the scholarships you can! Pick a school that will help you focus on your major!

The small class sizes make the teacher more avaliable.

Anyone just starting college would do great here.

Alex

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself "go to a four year university. WKCTC is too easy. I had cheated myself out of my education. I had missed out on a whole year of my life that I could never get back." I would say, to myself, "Move away and push yourself as hard as you can; Paducah has no future for you. Fill out as many scholarship applications as you can. Write until you do not fear not being able to pay for college. Do not let yourself rot in Paducah, make yourself proud and push and push and push until you have no regrets. When you think back on your college experience once you graduate. Do not fear what you do not know. You do not want to be like me, and regret your decision not to chase the unknown. Chase the unknown down. Move away out of your parent's house. Do not be afraid to do something, instead be afraid or regret. Regret will tear at your every day of your life."

The best thing about WKCTC is that the classes are extremely easy. Most of my time at WKCTC was spent figuring out what I wanted to study. All the effort I should have put into my classes were spent finding my passions. WKCTC has some teachers that push their student harder than other teachers, but the majority of teachers do not push their student much at all. This leaves much to be wanted in terms of an education.

A person who is not a white protestant, or an African-American should not attend WKCTC. WKCTC is extremely conservative, and people who do not fit in to the racial stereotypes should not go to WKCTC. Immigrants should not go to WKCTC since the people in Paducah have a hard time adjusting to cultures that are not their own.

Kathleen

It is known for providing a good education at a reasonable and affordable price.

The class sizes are smaller and more learning themed oriented. The faculty is also extremely friendly and normally remember your name. I also appreciate that even though it is a small school, they continue to strive for improvement for excellence.

Be prepared and dedicated. Do not assume it will be as easy to make good grades, as it is in high school. Practice good time management and make good choices.

Steven

West Kentucky Technical and Community College provides many advantages for its students. Among those multiple advantages, being personable and affordable are characteristic and place WKCTC amongst the elite when discussing quality Junior college education. Why would being personable and affordable be such vital qualities for students when selecting an education institute?Personable , one -on-one instruction with professors is rampid around this Western Kentucky campus and the quality of every students educational experience is boosted when such a characteristic is prevalent. Affordability is a huge advantage especially in todays limp economy.

Graduating High School sure seemed like a big step , but once I faced College realities I found myself wishing that I was more informed and prepared. Being informed, I am referring finding information about as many colleges and the systematics within those colleges as possible. Thank goodness for the internet and the advances within, because finding this information is less time consuming than in the big 2000. Thanks to high speed internet, searching college websites, student reviews, and blogs isn't as big of a deal. Good thing because these three resources are extremely helpful when gaining information and becoming informed. I wish that I was more prepared, and by that I mean that I wish that I had listened to the tips from my school counselors.If only I had taken advice such as: Apply early and scope out time frames and deadlines, don't get involved in the musical schools catastrophe, and make sure tohave a back up plan. Adhering to any of these three tips would have transformed a cycle like looping college selection,admissions process into a taking candy from a baby cake walk. Make things easy on yourself, It isn't that hard!

If socializing and being entertained by big lights and endless city activity are major influencing factor s surrounding your choice institution, then WKCTC is not the college for you. Be prepared to dedicate yourself to your studies and then on your spare time maybe attending an open mic night at a local coffee shop. If you don't like friendly folks who aren't afrade to wave at you as you drive through the campus, then once again WKCTC would let you down. DOn't attend WKCTC if you don't like slang or twang.

Aqib

My school is diverse with many students from all different backgrounds along with teachers that are open minded and willing to spend extra time to work with their students.

If I went back in time to my senior year, I would tell myself to take charge of my priorities and never take anything lightly when it comes to college work. I would warn myself of making decisions quickly and teach myself patience before doing anything that I would regret later. I'd tell myself to relax but at the same time, I would let myself know that the college life isn't easy and that I would have to be on top of my game at all times. One thing I would really like to do is show myself around the college campus and teach myself to ask questions. Doing that could get myself far and stay ahead of everyone else. I'd let myself know that it's okay to make mistakes but it's better to learn from them. That's the advice I would give myself if I was able to go back in time to my high school senior year.

A person that is hardworking and willing to make a difference. A person who wants to succeed even further and have a good start doing so. That is the kind of person that should attend Western Kentucky Community and Technical College.

There are a diversity of students that go to WKCTC.

There are a diversity of students that go to WKCTC.

I'm getting a great education for a fraction of the cost of large universities.

As a high school student, I didn't think through my decisions as I should have. I was an honor roll student, who probably could have won a few scholarships to pay for school, but I was always "too busy" to fill out scholarships. I was ill with senioritis at the time, and even if I could go back in time and tell myself to fill out more scholarships, I don't think I would have listened. So, the only other way to get my attention would probably be to smack myself on the head and order myself to fill out scholarships. Hopefully, the senioritis didn't make me hard of hearing too.

Melodie

I am very head strong and determined to accomplish my goals regardless of the obstacles.

I actually like the choices I made with college. I just wish that I could have found financial aid sooner than I did. Before August 2008, I payed for my schooling out of my pocket, while working two jobs.

Honestly, i don't really brag about my school. There are many updates that need to be made in order for the nursing program to allow the sutdents to learn as much as possible.

West Kentucky Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.