Charleston, WV
West Virginia Junior College-Charleston

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Virginia Junior College-Charleston

I absolutely in love with this college. I can’t wait to go there. I have toured the college twice. Everyone makes you feel welcome and at home. Always there we you have questions.

Tammy

My shool is best known for its distance learning. It started out as a Military School, and recently became accessable to the public.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax. College life is far more interesting and worthwhile. Remember to follow your heart, it will never steer you wrong. Embrace the transition with open arms, and remember to enroll in a major in which you will love. Choosing a career will be one of the most important decisions of your life, however, do not give up if your first choice leads you down a different road. Experience life for all it has to offer, and never regret the decisions you make, eventually it will lead you down the path you were meant to follow. College is a liberating experience, it will teach you many things, you will meet interesting people, and in the process, you will know and trust yourself more than you ever thought possible. Keep your chin up, and keep in mind that you can do anything you set your mind to. College will open many doors; and trust me; you do not want to miss out on such a wonderful experience.

I suppose what is the most frustrating thing about my school is that it is an online school, and sometimes it is difficult to recieve feedback from my instructors.

Our school is best known for the Medical Assistant/ Office Tech. program because of the great teachers that teach us and the great hands on training we get in our field.

If i could go back into time and talk to myself and ask myself questions, i think i would tell myself to look at the colleges i had in mind closer than what i may have when i was a senior. Checked to see if my credits were transferable just in case i wanted to go farther in my life, see what jobs in the medical field pays the most. Basically i would tell myself to look at the important things that i now know about college instead of just looking for the least classes and the least time. The last thing i would have compared is the cost of other schools compared to the one i choose.

A person that is not dedacated to there work. A person that does not like a lot of home work or test.

gyuwon

very enthusiastic and helpful

very enthusiastic and helpful

Stay focus and keep your concentration levels high. Also, dont get involved in meaningless activies or waste time on it because time is valualbe and limited before you apply for graduate school. Always know that fear is initially the first response for every aspect of life and once you open the door or break that fear barrier in your life, you can do EVERYTHING.

Student who can optimize and utilize their personal assets

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would encourage myself to take the time to apply for scholarships and colleges, and that school really is important. Telling myself these things could have changed alot in my life, and would have made everything easier. I was one of those students who thought their senior year was nothing but fun and games. I applied for one college knowing it was my dream school. I never once thought about how I was going to pay for it. It's been three years since I graduated and I never made it to that school. I ended up going to a nearby community college part time and working full time. Definitly was not my plans for the future. I researched colleges and narrowed them down. After sending my applications, I searched for scholarships. The bad part is I didnt have the best grades. Knowing what I know about college today, I would love to go back and tell myself to get serious, fill out multiple applications for colleges and scholarships, and do your homework/study for tests. Otherwise you'll have to learn the hard way.

Someone who is not committed in the full 18 months or someone who wants to transfer to another college.

Very few majors offered and credits will not transfer to another college.

Amy

The classrooms are small the faculty are well known by students and they take the time to get to know their students and make sure that you are doing okay and help you anyway they can.

I would give myself advise on being serious about going to college. I was a statistic and started college right out of high school and I wasn't ready and I quit eventially. I would steer myself to wait until you become serious and then go to college so that I would stick with it. If I could have giving myself advise I wouldn't be have been struggling through jobs that didn't matter I would have went to college and been more serious about furthering my education. I know now that I am almost 12 years older and more grown up what obstacles people have to overcome in everyday life and how hard it is to work doing something you don't love or even like. I would let myself know to have fun after I get done with school. Not to celebrate so to speak, before I graduate. I would be able to give myself the best advise because I have experienced more and have a better understanding of everyday life. Coming out of high school I was a young kid that didnt understand how life worked.

I don't believe someone who is just here to fill the time or was pushed by there parents after high school. I think that people who are serious in getting an education to better themselves for a career. It is the people who are not serious that take up space and make classrooms bigger to make it somewhat harder on the ones who are serious.

Christina

The school is like a high school where different people have different rules and it is unorganized.

I would say that the transition to a four year instatution is a big one but if you go to a community college then it is just like high school but with out all of the restrictions. You are on your own and if you want to succeed then you have to do it yourself.

That the school is non-professional, if you know the right people or make a big enough fuss that you can get anything that you want including the grade that you want. If you are not liked then the Dean will do everything possible to talk you into dropping out. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

West Virginia Junior College-Charleston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.