Parkersburg, WV
West Virginia University at Parkersburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Virginia University at Parkersburg

Kelsie

Its a great school but it could use upgrades in some aspects. For example better cafeteria foods, more activities for everyone, and more clubs. It is a very small school and I like that about it but I think it could be better with a few improvements, like the ones listed above.

Zachary

I think West Virginia University at Parkersburg is a school that is very driven towards student success. They offer free tutoring and have professors that are willing to help all of the students. It is a very small campus which means there is not much "life" to the campus, but there are many groups around campus to enjoy.

Adrianna

West Virginia University at Parkersburg is a amazing school at an affordable price. The professors work with you, and are very reasonable. I would recommend this school as a starter school or even a place where a person can get their full education. It is a excellent school for everyone!

emily
Adequate

Has good programs, but some educators and staff members aren't usually helpful.

Adequate

Has good programs, but some educators and staff members aren't usually helpful.

Enter your senior year with a good attitude. Don’t come into school on the first day mourning the end of summer. Start off your year right by planning to enjoy all of it. Don’t wish away your year; take the time to enjoy the time. Recognize that there are a lot of people who have been in your life for a long time that you will miss them next year. Forgive and forget. Go to more games and activities and enjoy spending time with your classmates. Learn to take more organized notes; you’ll have to take more of them in college. Apply for all of the financial aid you can, but relax. Trust that God’s plans for you are good. He loves you. Keep a positive attitude even when times are hard; you’ll get through them. Don’t be afraid to try new things, maybe even a sport. Keep a diary and take lots of pictures, because you’ll look back on this time fondly. Try to complain less often. Try to be grateful for everything, and just remember that God has blessed you with a great school and wonderful people, so enjoy your blessings.

WVUP is a good opportunity for those who live in the area and students who want to complete their core classes at an affordable school before transfering to an institution that may have a more diverse curriculum. It is also a wonderful opportunity for nontraditional students and students who want to be part time while they work. Many adults who have been out of school for several years or who have been displaced, have the opportunity to return to school while working part time or raising their family.

People who are looking for a more social and extracurricular focused school experienced should look to another school. West Virginia University at Parkersburg is not a large college, so students who like large class sizes and large student bodies should look for larger colleges. Students looking for fraternities would be advised to look elswhere, as WVUP does not have them. Students who are invested in athletics should look to larger and more athletically recognized schools. The school also dose not have on campus housing or meal plans because most of the students live locally and do not need these options.

Alyssa

A conventional wisdom about WVU is that it is an easy school and that students rarely take school seriously. While WVU does have high acceptance rates, many students find that after a year or even one semester that they cannot handle the workload. Most of the time, this is because they didn't budget their time wisely or literally went out every night. Like many big schools, WVU has a lot of temptation that can distract students that are not serious about their schoolwork. WVU is a challenging school, and no matter what, college in general is going to be a transition from the high school level of work. However, I have found that the stereotype that ALL students don't study or ALL students party to be far from true. There are many students who study a lot and have heavy workloads, and many students that do not party or drink. The good thing about WVU is that there are so many different types of people that it is very easy to find a group of friends that are looking for the same experience that you are!

Sasha

My school is very easy-going yet very challenging.

My school is very easy-going yet very challenging.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to calm down and relax. I was extremely nervous about moving on to the next step of my life and education. I was so frightened that I was going to mess up on my first year and never be able to fulfill my dream of becoming a zoologist. Once I actually started college, I breezed right through my first semester with really good grades. Now, I can clearly see my path to becoming a zoologist. I just wished I had known back then that I was going to do so well so that I wouldnt have been so scared and nervous.

I dont think there is anything about my school that frustrates me. I am very happy attending West Virginia University at Parkersburg.

LaToya

If I could go back into time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know know about college life, I would tell myself that I need to study more. I would advice myself to give 200 percent in every class assignment and test. College life will make life easier to live in. The more you further your education, the more career opportunities will be availiable to you.

Carson

There are many things I would say to myself if I could go back in time to my time as a high school senior. First, I would caution myself to think very hard about pursuing medicine, before I make the decision to go to a private school that I would eventually leave to pursue a different degree. I would tell myself to get on the ball and apply for more scholarships. I would tell myself that going to a state-funded school is okay, there is no shame in it, I would still recieve a great education. First and foremost, though, I would tell myself that, being 18 years old, I need to start growing up. I cannot spend time on social networks and out with my friends if I want to get my life on the right track towards really accomplishing my goals for my life any time soon. Though acting like a teenager is fun, a senior in high school needs to look forward to college, the first step toward being an adult. If I want to be a successful adult, I need to start acting like one as soon as possible.

The best thing about WVU-P is the price. Though books are still expensive, the combined cost of tuition and books is manageable enough for a student working a part-time job to pay on their own and save up money for later in life. The low cost means less stress for the students, especially those who can recieve financial aid through the state. Quality of education is similar to other schools, classes are small, friends are easy to make, but the best part of attending WVU-P is that anyone can afford it.

I don't have to take classes on Frudays! And the tuition is at most 1/4th of what you would have to pay at another college. It is an excellent decision for students with little money and only a vague idea as to what field of study they wish to pursue. WVU-P allows you to take easier classes with light workloads so that you can work outside of class towards getting your life on track and continuing your education at a larger university.

Julia

WVUP has a great facualty and very helpful advisors.

WVUP has a great facualty and very helpful advisors.

I would encourage all seniors to apply themselves in school work and try to graduate with a good acadamic standing. I would also stress to all seniors to apply for scholarships. Apply to many scholarships so that you will have the funds to go to college and not have to stress about paying for school. I would also encourage to learn how to have good study skills in high school because in college they do not treat you like little childeren, they expect you to listen and not have to repeat themselves. I would also recommend getting a job so that its not a big shock when you have to live independently on campus.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they are very limited on BA programs. WVUP only have four BA programs. They also do not offer Masters degree.

West Virginia University at Parkersburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.