Scottsbluff, NE
Western Nebraska Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Nebraska Community College

Abaigeal

I really enjoy this campus. The students and faculty are really nice and open to most things. They really try to teach more than one way and do their best to help their students succeed. They have reasonable office hours and will answer questions to the best of their ability or will help you do research. I really recommend the theater as well, there are a lot of opportunities.

Jacobi

Western Nebraska Community College is a great place for every major and is very affordable. The professors are not only approachable but they are also relatable. All faculty and staff is easy to get ahold of as well as pleasant to work with. The meals are very delicious and offer a lot of variety to all diets of every student. The online portal is very accessible and user friendly to anyone no matter their knowledge in technology.

Caleb

While the campus and campus living may not be the best, it is definitely an incredible place to learn. There are some very extraordinary teachers at that college and because class sizes are generally smaller, help is always available. Even when I was taking Calc 3 and only one available teacher to help me with that subject, I was still able to get my questions answered whenever I needed. I would definitely recommend starting here instead going straight to a four year university.

alexander

It is a well-set school and well respected. I encourage more people to take a look at this school. the teachers are there to help you get through your class and they become like your family after a time. I am looking forward to going to this school and learning all I can.

Kari

It is a very nice, small town community college. The area has about 20,000 people in it between the 3 towns. There is now free bus service all over town for any student with a valid student id. We have restaurants walking distance to the campus. The campus food is really good and the international students bring their recipes and get in the kitchen and help prepare them. While it is a younger generation than myself going to school as a non-traditional student, I never feel left out and am encouraged by staff and students alike to join in on the activities that are offered. We have a TRIO program for students that meet the qualifications and there is a Single Parent group that also meets. We have a math lab with tutors, class subject tutors, teachers that want you to come by if you have questions and are willing to explain it until you get it. It is a great college, especially if you are starting out.

Tiffani

Very great campus! Students and staff are always welcoming and very helpful! Staff does everything in their power to help you succeed! Its a fair size campus with classrooms between 10-20 people in each class. They also have tons of opportunities and activities for you to become part of.

Marcene

A community colllege where I received the prerequisites required for nursing school and overall they seemed to be unorganized and unattentive to many of my needs as a student.

Go to college now!! Do not wait because you think you deserve a break from school for awhile. It's much easier to devote your time to your education when you don't have the responisbilites that come with age and having children.

One of the department heads, who was also my adviser when I started classes, did absolutely nothing to help me find my way through my curriculum. Not only that but she actually avoided me and acted as though I didn't even exsist and then denied ever doing so. She put me in some extremely difficult situations and as an older student who hadn't attended college in a few years. It discouraged me from attending there and I actually registered for as many classes as I could online at surrounding schools.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would mainly tell myself that you should really listen to what everyone is telling you and try to get better grades than just c's and b's. I would also tell myself to ask the councelors more questions about everything that you need to do to get scholarships and how to be better prepared when you get to college.

the worst thing about my schoo is that it does not have as many places to hang out between classes. there are only 2 main places to sit and relax and they are always full of many students.

the kind of person that shoudn't attend this school is the type of person that doesn't want to take their future education seriously.

Chelsea

I would tell myself that college isn?t as scary as every makes it out to be. It?s defiantly not high school and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to make it through that first year. After that first year has gone by, you realize that you did it and that is one of the greatest feelings you will ever have. Don?t be afraid to ask questions, to participate in class, and don?t be ashamed of wanting to strive to be the best college student you know you can be. Teachers, advisors, financial aid workers are all there to help you utilize the resources at the college. It may seem intimidating at first, but once the first few days are over you will get into the swing of things. Everything will come together in the end, you will meet teachers that have made a lasting impression on you and you will meet some of the greatest friends.

I thought I was prepared for college, but when I got there I wasn?t as prepared as I thought. I wished I would have known in the beginning that the professors are very willing to help. College students told me that professors are mean and don?t care about their students. I realized this was untrue, when I needed to ask a professor for help. I saw that they were very helpful and that they do care a lot about their students. If you care about doing well in school, then they care about helping you do well.

Anyone can come to Western Nebraska Community College. It takes a lot of hard work and commitment, but it can be possible. Throughout my first year of college, I saw many people come and go. A lot of these people were from big cities. After talking to them I realized they all had something in common, they couldn?t quite adjust to the small town aspect of Scottsbluff. I don?t think it?s the best thing to do for someone from a big city to come to a small town, it isn?t as fast paced.

Western Nebraska Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.