Snyder, TX
Western Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Texas College

Isaac

It's the type of campus that truly fits with what I have been looking for in a college and I want to be apart of their rich culture.

juan

well my opinion about why I want go to that college because I want go only by 2 years but the thing is that definitely has sport one of those sport that's my favorite is soccer well to be honest I love to play soccer and I want to show my skills that I have by my own self however and I want my goal that I want that is welding because I want work and support my family that is the more important to me just help and get new things that become real necessary.

Wesley

I'd recommend Western Texas College to anyone oh want the big college feel without attending a big school. There is a ton of stuff to do in the community and the student body is well rounded. The athletics department has really improved over the last few years.

Mallory

The academics are not that great and there isn't a lot to do in Snyder; however the classes are small and tuition is really cheap, so it's a good value for your first two years to get all your basics out of the way and graduate with an Associates degree, then transfer to a larger school.

Kim

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was in high school, Id tell myself it's going to be hard, books aren't cheap but Western Texas College professors are willing to help if you try so don't stress out. All you need to do right now is do your best on the TSI test and save every dollar you get for graduation. You need it for books. I'd also tell my self to be more social and make more friends, it's always good to know quite a few people , they might be able to help you out in a class. Also I'd tell myself to get a tutor, They are free here!!!!! Especially when you are in the SSS program here! I'd tell my self to really think about what i wanted to do in the future and start planning ahead. Make scheduals, and have fun but not to much fun, if you know what i mean. I'd also tell myself not to sit in my room so much, go out and see what the world has for you. Explor your life and get to know yourself!

Someone that is willing to work and do what they need to do. This college is very willing and helpful.

Someone that is not going to do his/her work. They help you a lot here and needs to be taken advange of.

Tara

This school is great for new beginnings with excellent academic recomendations to attend.

College is not as scary and intimidating as you think. There are so many resources to make sure you succeed, there should be no reason to fail college. Also, there are so many extracurricular and academic groups that you can join to help you meet new people. Without college your life will be a constant struggle to find jobs that give you good pay and many years of complaining about a better life. The time will fly by so fast so don't worry about taking time off from school education does make a difference in your life.

I haven't been at this school very long, this is my first semester. I will tell you everyone has been extrememly helpful in making sure everything is done for me to start classes. I have never had to wait long at all to speak to anyone and the campus is pretty much centralized so there isn't tons of walking.

Edward

somewhat small but is very focused on the student's success.

somewhat small but is very focused on the student's success.

They are attentive and ask plenty of questions during the classhours and there are plenty of students in office hours.

It is not as stressful as people put it, but as long as you manage your time well, you will succeed in everything that you do.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior year self, I would most likely stress the importance of embracing my last year in high school. I remember myself complaing all the time about how much I was just ready to be done with high school. I remember always wanting away from my classmates. When I look back now, those were the only people that had my back. I could've done so many more activities and enjoyed myself so much more. High school truly is a time of having fun and experiencing young adventers with people that will always be like your family. I would definetly tell myself to be happier, enjoy my time as being a kid, and DON'T get "senioritis".

The teachers are so helpful here at Western Texas College. The administration always makes sure everything is up to par, and running smoothly. I love WTC and I will be so sad to be leaving in the next two years to a University.

I believe that any type of person, or student, should or could attend this school. From right out of high school all the way to going back to school in mid-life. It's just a wonderful school family and faculty.

Emilio

I feel like some classmates don't know or understand that their adult life is about to start. There are some that have a plan, like my roommate and myself. We both know exactly what we want to do for a living and will work as hard as we need to. I mean no disrespect to anybody, nor am I calling them immature, but I wish more people on campus were like my roommate. Most of the people are living for the "now" part of life. Everything I do now, gets me one step closer to what I want.

Considering I know myself pretty decently, I'd start off with asking myself, "remember when you tore your ACL sophomore year?", then I'd come back with the obvious, "yeah..what about it?" . The older me would also ask, " remember how terrible the recovery was?", again, the obvious, "Yeah..your point??"...My point is this, think of college as a tie to an injury.. the worse you start off, the worse the recovery( struggle to lift your grades) will be because even though you have an entire semester, time flies. From the very beginning I want you think about what WE have always wanted. Think about where we want to be 10-15 years from now and so on because starting day one in college, everything you do from missing a class to getting a perfect score on a test, is getting one step closer...or 2 steps farther from OUR goal. Our plan will not be easy, but anything worth having is never easy you know that. Work smart, and work hard. Do all the work now, and enjoy the fruits of your labor after we've earned it." Then I get up and walk out of the room.

I would have loved to know the teachers whom are teaching classes for my major. Since my major is math, I would've appreciated an opportunity to have gotten to know the math professor, or professors, I would spending most of my class time with BEFORE classes even begin..

Western Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.