Pomona, CA
Western University of Health Sciences

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western University of Health Sciences

Khris

COMP-NW is a wonderful Medical Campus. The constructive criticisms I have are because it is a relatively new school and the community is adapting. Our school treats us as family which makes a welcoming environment where we collaborate rather than compete.

Diane

Assuming I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to pay attention in school and learn as much as I can from my teachers. I realized in college that college doesn't start all over with educational information. College builds on what you learn in high school and continues to enhance that knowledge of what was learned in high school. Teachers tend to spend less time trying to teach you what you need to know in college, so its helpful to learn as much as possible while in college. Also, I would advise myself to establish good study habits as these carry on over throughout college. I would also advise myself to take more advanced placement courses as these units carry over to the university and count as college credit. Accruing college credits in high school will help in graduating earlier from college.

That we have a problem-based learning system and that we get clinical experience starting our third year. This is an advantage because we get to make contacts with veterinarians and get to learn more of the clinical aspect of veterinary medicine. We also get a wide variety of experiences by working with different clinical preceptors that allow us to get a diversity of how different veterinarians practice medicine.

Organization and delay in getting back grades. Western University takes some time to get grades back to the students. They are also not very organized at times.

• $0

Western University of Health Sciences administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.