Whitworth University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Whitworth University

Christian

Whitworth is a great school for those looking for a small, yet busy campus. There are a lot of extracurricular activities available, especially in the arts and music. Whitworth offers a variety of majors and minors, but being a liberal arts college, many of them are Bachelors of Arts.

Kodie

I thoroughly enjoy Whitworth University from an academic standpoint. The teachers are wonderful, enthusiastic, and really engage with the students and make them want to learn. They also do a lot to get everyone involved, and make people feel welcome on campus. I think it's a wonderful place for introverts and extroverts alike.

Paige

I feel that Whitworth really is the best place on earth to be. It’s my home away from home. I look forward to seeing my professors everyday, because they have become more than just an educator, they are considered as an equal partner. They take on roles of friends, mentors, even parents to us. They want us to succeed at more than just what is in the classroom. They want to know our hobbies, our interests, our home-life. We are more than just a student to teach. We create strong bonds with them that last outside the classroom.

Natalie

I absolutely love it here, the people are so nice and loving. They don't push faith and God on you but you are welcomed to participate in any activity you choose. The professors really want to know you and teach to the way you learn. It's amazing! The campus size and class sizes are perfect. The academics are challenging but that is why so many of the graduates get accepted into grad school.

Veronica

Whitworth is a place of community. Most everyone I have run into is kind, and willing to go out of their way to help. On my first visit, I didn't get to see the music building. Music was a big part of my college selection process, so I asked the information desk about it. A student offered to take me to the building and show me around. He went out of his way to help me when he could have easily been doing something else. It was one of my first impressions and it was lasting. Once coming here, I found that my first assumptions reigned true.

Brittani

I have never met more accepting and friendly people as I have here at Whitworth. Not only is community something that is prevalent on campus, but there are so many different ways to get involved in the Spokane community that this school offers. I am so thankful for the opportunity to go to this school and would not want to be anywhere else.

Aria

As soon as I stepped on campus I loved the overall feel and was very homey. Staff and Students were both very kind and supportive. The campus felt safe and I could imagine myself going to school there! Overall I enjoyed being on the campus! P.S. the food was delicious!

Brendan

Whitworth is an amazing institution. Here in Spokane it does have a reputation as being mildly conservative and "too Christian"; in truth it is neither. It promotes all aspects of life, gender fluidity/neutrality, and is incredibly challenging to it's students. The professors are inspiring, librarians always available, and the content is breathtaking. The campus alone is incredibly vast, however easy to get around. The admissions department too are champions for the students. This is easily one of the best and overlooked institutions in Washington state, let alone this country.

Sabin

Whitworth is great college, with rigorous academics and welcoming community. Academic environment here is good and professors are supportive and approachable. Financial Aid is good although room and board is expensive. We have strong alumni support and have great career service center.

Very welcoming! They encourage students to learn to thrive in life after school. To be self effective. The classes are more difficult than most, but the staff is also extremely helpful and encourages you to ask for help, they are always available for questions and concerns and encourage you to take them up on their offer. They also take the time to teach you how to be a successful college student.

Anna

I absolutely adore Whitworth University. The campus is gorgeous, the community is amazing, and the professors want to develop relationships with their students and create a supportive yet rigorous learning environment. The faculty and staff at Whitworth don't just want to create successful students; they want us to be happy, hardworking, and giving people who benefit the community around us. Let's go, Bucs!

Denise

Whitworth University has a close community that is very united in anything that they do. The campus is beautiful to walk on and enjoy the company of others. Making relationships is that are lasting friendships are easy to make at Whitworth University. People are friendly with one another and like to do events as a group.

Mariah

Whitworth is a very inclusive and exciting campus. The students are all extremely caring and welcoming. I have yet to encounter a faculty member who does not care about your success. You do not attend this university, and slip by. There are people who genuinely care about you and your mental health, and also how you're performing in class. Whitworth is an amazing institution guided by the grace of God, and I couldn't be more blessed to be attending.

Yessenia

Whitworth University is A well-rounded school with much diversity and filled with many life learning experiences. Whitworth University is known for having and welcoming people from all around the world. That being said you get a mixture of diverse cultures around campus so you get a feel for someone else's culture. I once went to a Hawaiian theme house at Whitworth and the experience was overwhelming. I got to try some of their hometown food and had great interactions with them. All in all, they were a kind group of students. I myself came from El- Salvador and I met a girl from Guatemala. Which is the country right beside mine. Like how close can we get or become a small Christian community? The sports at Whitworth are a once in a lifetime kind of thing. The coaches are phenomenal they come in with open minds and motivation that makes and encourages you to reach your potential in life. I can verify this because I am on the track field team at Whitworth University. The experience is great because the team is so knit close and the coaches really aim for you as an athlete to excel in life. In addition to this, the community as a whole is welcoming this is one of the many reasons for coming to WU. People truly care about you and they want to get to know you better whether you are a student, athlete or if you are just a visitor.

Shariana

I think Whitworth University is an all around welcoming and inclusive place that anyone can be a part of. Though some may be frustrated about it being a christian school, that does not mean that it is a closed minded christian school. Whitworth is a great blend of all walks of life and it is an enjoyable experience to be a part of.

Jarred

I am an incoming freshman and during my visit, I completely fell in love with the campus. Everything that they have to offer is just perfect for me and I am more than excited to join the pirate family. The class sizes are perfect for me because that is the class size that I grew up in and will feel very comfortable and be able to engage with my professor. I am also going to be a varsity baseball player for the school and the coach welcomed me with open arms and even took me out to dinner. I can tell that my next four years are going to be amazing.

The school is pretty good. The people around you are also very kind. The professors are willing to answer your questions. They want you to succeed. They want to make sure no students are left behind. As for the friends you make there, they are always willing to listen to what you have to say. You're not ever alone. The community is pretty positive. I just wish I had taken advantage to more of the resources at the school in the past.

Bre

Choosing to attend Whitworth was one of the best decisions I could have made, it is a very intentional place where you feel right at home. The professors are amazing and always have their doors open and are willing to sit down and have a conversation with you. Overall I would highly recommend.

Mary

Whitworth is a great school. Whitworth students and professors are very nice. The academics at Whitworth are challenging, but there are many study resources available. Whitworth is a smaller school and class sizes are small. This allows professors develop relationships with students and guide them through their academic career.

Alivia

Whitworth is a unique school that exceeded all of my expectations. Everyone is compassionate and cares for you- teachers, RA's, and even other students. People are super friendly and like to talk to you, it isn't too hard to start a conversation with almost anyone. The school does seemed to have strayed a little from it's Christian roots, but there's still a large faith community and something going on almost every night, such as worship, chapel, or Bible study groups. The school's campus is beautiful and always feels safe. Not only are you able to see emergency call boxes from everywhere on campus, but you can call security at any time of the day from your phone (ex if you were out at another building late and wanted them to escort you back to your dorm).

Michelle

This university has taught me the importance of learning with not only the mind, but the heart too. It's a rigorous school that pushes all of its' students to work hard in the classroom. However, Whitworth University does a fantastic job of reminding students and faculty that being a good person is the most important factor. It's a school that's shifted my mentality on education due to the strength of relationships that I have built. I couldn't imagine myself at any other school. I remember my first day of class. After reading a couple of syllabus', I didn't think I would make it. However, there are limitless support systems on campus that have pushed me to be the best student I can possibly be. I owe my past, current, and future successes to this school for helping me reach my potential.

Chloe

I love this school! I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. It's six hours from my home, so I can visit family on vacations, but I also have some space to be independent. The professors love what they do; so do the students. Residence life is amazing. I would say that I'm really close to the other girls in my dorm (Ballard), and I've also made friends outside the dorm through classes and my job. Moreover, the campus is beautiful. Highly recommended overall.

Karyn

It is a good school, a little expensive, but very nice. I only have one complaint. They claim they are a Christian school. This is a lie. They are a religious school that undermines all Christianity stands for in the name of "Open-mindedness." Some of the staff forces their opinions onto the students, which makes me very uncomfortable. This is why they lost a star. If they would stop hiding behind the word "Christian," it would be fine. But they are lying and leading students astray. Fix that, and this would be a five star school. The campus is beautiful and the professors care. Overall, I am very lucky to be going here.

Ian

It is something I cherish dearly. As a small Christian University it does a great job of keeping religion in the picture, but not forcing it at all. Most people there are very caring, and most of all you feel at home. Of course it has its ups and downs, but so does every college. Overall I love whitworth, and I’m excited to see what the next four years will bring.

Rebecca

Whitworth University is a great school to attend, whether you're Christian or not! They are accepting and loving of everybody and are willing to talk civilly about anything. If you go here, you'll find a community that is supporting and wants what's best for everybody. There's also plenty of activities to do, both on and off campus. I look forward to going back!

Christopher

I attended Whitworth for one year after high school. The staff and faulty are amazing, but you pay a price for it. This university is extremely expensive. One year at this institution would've covered almost my entire bachelors at another. Now that I've had to pay student loans back, I can't say it's worth it. I'm actually relieved I decided to go to a public university. Unless your family can help with tuition I would not recommend attending. Furthermore, this is a Christian institution. I'm an atheist student, but thought the premium education would be worth it; it's not. I remember taking a "Bible for Doubters" course (a biblical literature course is required to graduate) and it felt more like an indoctrination than a class. If you're Christian and able to afford it, this may be the best university for you. If you're not, I can't give it a solid recommendation.

Danny

Walking onto the campus at Whitworth you immediately know it is a place you can spend 3 or 4 years of your life. There are amazing relationships built at Whitworth I believe anyone and everyone would enjoy a University like Whitworth.

Ellie

Whitworth cultivates community in all of its public spaces (dorms, dining hall, library, coffee shop and the recreation center). I always feel safe and connected to friends and professors. The dorm life is excellent, there are fun activities every night and great RA's that are always around to talk with. Classes are small, so it's easy to stay engaged in class and professors are genuinely excited to be there!

Annastasia

Whitworth is an amazing school, they have a main focus of building a community through the inclusion of all students. The campus is beautiful. All staff is there to help, programs are phenomenal, student life thrives, and the food is amazing, considering it is campus food.

Asante

It's a great school that views its students, not as numbers or names on a roster, but as a family to take care of. The smaller population allows more time for one on one talk with teachers and is still large enough to let you experience different cultures and meet new friends!

Meaghan

Whitworth is a great school for those people who are really here to learn, and make connections with peers and faculty. It is academically challenging at times, but it is always manageable. Though it does have religious affiliations that is not pushed on students, therefore students of all religious or non religious backgrounds are welcome.

kayla

Whitworth University has the most caring campus I have ever visited. They instill such a caring attitude in their students. I visited with a finance class and the professor was so amazing and showed me their glass house. It's a live stock market floor that is just like the New York Stock exchange and they learn live and trade and track real money and commodities!