Wingate, NC
Wingate University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wingate University

Additional Loan Options

Katy

A small school with a big school attitude and opportunities.

A small school with a big school attitude and opportunities.

It's okay to be wrong, the goal is to learn. You don't have to be perfect. It's okay to change your major. It's okay if you're at the wrong college at first. It's okay if you take a class you don't need. It's okay if you don't get along with your room mate. Don't stress. When you're wrong, it's just a wonderful chance to learn, which is what you're supposed to be doing anyways. Ask questions. Seek advice. Don't be afraid to look naive or stupid. You're a freshman, you're not expected to know everything. Don't get so caught up in trying to be perfect and look like you have it all together that you miss out on the chance to learn from those who are older and wiser than you. Enjoy the present; learning and soaking up information and wisdom everywhere you can. Don't focus so much on the future (or the past), wishing it was next month, semester or year. You'll miss out on the beauty of the moment. Be wrong, mess up, learn from it and enjoy yourself.

People who are okay with the small town feel and like the feeling of family. Students who are friendly, outgoing and like/are from the south will like this school.

Lynn

I did all of my work at an alternate campus so I am not familiar with the campus itself. Wingate comes highly recommended for RN-BSN completion and for its school of pharmacy.

If I could go back in time, I would insist on caring a great deal more about academics as a high school senior. Personally, I think that it takes a long time to truly grow up in this life. I would give myself advice on going away to college rather than living rather close to home, which gave me ample opportunity to go home when I wanted to. I would also give myself advice to continue my education through graduate school before getting married and having children. I would not be in such a rush to marry and settle down. I would have an improved 'reach-for-the-stars' attitude.

I would realize that college is not the answer to all or any of the problems/situations you have in your life. And that it also does not hold all the answers. That alocohol and other substances and drugs are never ever the answer to getting by.

That there were not as many food options available as other colleges have. Which can be good and/or bad in different ways

Because the school is so small sometimes rumors or people's business can easily be spread whether they are true or not.

Jeremy

Go into College with an open mind; never turn something down because it is foreign to you. There are many opportunities that arose in the first couple of weeks, opportunities that I turned down because of the fear to try something different than what I was accustomed too. Many organizations will want you to participate or help in activities that they are setting up. These opportunities are can vary from helping set up a school dance to passing out rosters before a football game. You never know what opportunity my arise and if you keep an open mind to these type of events then I guarantee that you will meet new people, learn about your school, and find out things about yourself that you might have never found out otherwise. Keeping an open mind is a key to making the most of your college experience.

People who are looking for a big school environment should not attend this school. This school does not offer large classes, huge stadiums and to many people to count. This school is all about the small town college feel and that usually does not go over well with those who want a big time school feel such as NC State.

The Business office is the most frustrating area in the school. They are able to give you the information you need most of the time, but they do it in a way that seems to be thrown together and unorganized. They can make someone with little patients lose their mind waiting for things to get done.

Victoria

When choosing your college, be sure to make the time to include studies and balance work and personal life, accordingly. This is because going to college is to be considered a fulltime job, with part-time work options, and family as a secondary emphasis. The payoff, after graduation of each term, will be the time that can be devoted to adding work hours to your schedule, and extra family or extra-curricular activities. Should you find yourself leaning towards a different career path after a few semesters, check in with a college advisor or career counselor to find the best alternatives to your college coursework. You may find that your interests grow, with more time in school, and that is ok, but never give up. Remember that tutors are always available to help you when you get stuck, and do not be afraid to ask for help. Develop study teams to bounce off ideas or study strategies. Seek out internships in your field to gain a working perspective of the field you wish to work in. College is enjoyable in so many ways, and is the platform for the rest of your life, if you let it be.

Matthew

Christian oriented and small enough to get to know many other students and professors

Be sure to work as hard as you can in high school starting in the 9th grade because your grades help you get financial aid. Try to make as many friends as you can and find a good solid group of people to go to church with consistently. Don't procrastinate on doing your work. Do it right away.

Students leaving on the weekends

Achieving my Associates of Arts Degree from Valencia Community College has allowed me to broaden my educational horizon. I have completed a degree in general studies with a focus in Public Administration. My time spent has allowed me to better prepare myself to further my education at the University of Central Florida, seeking a Bachelors Degree in Public Administration with a minor in Political Sciences. I firmly believe that my education has and will continue to prepare me for the vigorous workforce within politics. I plan to join the armed forces upon graduation and, after my time in the military, pursue a career within politics. My education from Valencia and what I expect from UCF is helping to make my dreams a reality. My education is my stepping stone for the rest of my life.

Joyce

Wingate is best known for the School of Medicine.

Wingate is best known for the School of Medicine.

Since I have been at Wingate I have learned there is more to college than recieving an education. The relationships that I have made with fellow classmates and teachers has been something different for me. In high school I was never as outgoing and willing to socialize as I am now. I value the moments I had and the moments I'll never forget in the upcoming years. Wingate is my second home and I am glad I chose to attend. There is nothing better than going to school and not wanting to leave.

Any one that feels that they are not going to fit in and wants to stand alone because Wingate is like a enormous support group.

Since being enrolled as a college student at Wingate University, I have learned a lot about myself and others. One can never be prepared enough for college, it has definitely been an eye-opening experience. for me and others. I think that I have tried to make the best of this first "freshman" year in school. I have participated in many activities with classmates and friends. I have had to understand that money doesn't come easy, you work hard to stay where your at, and you never go down without a fight. One can never be one's worst enemy, you have to stand up for yourself and what you think is right. Never tell yourself that you can't do something because you feel dumb or not smart enough, because if you put your heart and mind into it, you can get the job done.

I don't know if there is anything totally unexpected that has happened. Wingate University is founded on baptist principles, that is one reason that I choose this school. But one has to consider that this is a college campus, drinking and drugs can still be found on campus at any given time. I wish that I would have known how easy it is to just stay in the room all day, instead of going out and getting involved with your fellow classmates and friends.

I believe that if you are interested in coming to Wingate University, you should definitely come for a campus tour. I think that people can feel if this is the right place or not. I think that everyone can come here, you just have to find your niche, a place where you fit in. Wingate University does accept different culturally diverse students. The campus environment is very inviting and will be your home away from home.

Christopher

My classmates are friendly, helpful, mature, and diverse.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, mature, and diverse.

Although I was a highly motivated, academically excellent, and community involved high school student, I was also naive regarding college credit courses offered by my school district. Beginning with my freshman year, I could have enrolled in PSO, Post Secondary Option, classes through The University of Akron and accumulated electives toward my desired degree. Instead, I chose to pursue all mathematics and science Advanced Placement offerings, which enhanced my GPA but did nothing to lessen my college costs or work load. Since I have been admitted to Wingate University's School of Pharmacy, a six year program, both would have been helpful. Therefore, if I could return to high school with my newly acquired knowledge, I would proceed with PSO classes to complete my English and humanities degree requirements.

A party-goer, who likes to drink and smoke, since this is not permitted at Wingate.

Wingate University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.