Wingate, NC
Wingate University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wingate University

Violetta

Wingate is a growing university, focusing growth on campus size and slowly transforming from a liberal arts school into a school that values hard sciences. Right now pharmacy and physical therapy are big areas of growth. The faculty is absolutely wonderful and open-minded. A large portion of the student populace is religious and conservative, as the school used to be affiliated with the Baptist church. There is a good bit of religious and ideological diversity. There are many of international students. It's a growing and changing campus.

Austin

This is a rather small but academically sound school. The class sizes are good for getting the most one on one time with the professors and get the most hands on instruction. It is an ever growing campus with new facilities and new programs for students.

Cristo Armando

Great university that fosters an opportunistic and inclusive academic environment. There are plenty of clubs that garner much participation, and professors are generally very helpful and informative. Although, there is not much to do in Wingate, the town itself. Charlotte is only 45 minutes away with nightclubs and great party scenes.

Kaye

The words, " Major in a great life," are embroidered on flags, written on polls and spoken regularly at Wingate University. Wingate's motto drives students to enjoy every aspect of their college experience while excelling in the classroom to have an overall great life. Although the university is a place to receive a higher education and claim a major, Wingate University focuses on the all- around well-being of each student. Through concerts at the end of the year, food trucks popping up in the middle of campus, morning coffee in the quad, pet therapy during exams, renowned speakers in the evenings and other additional amenities, Wingate students lives are enriched and granted a great life.

Kelli

Wingate is a great University. The class sizes are amazing because we get more one on one with the professors. There is usually always something to do or participate in on campus. The cafeteria is only a great place for food but also a great place for someone and their friends to hang out and socialize. The aura and atmosphere at Wingate makes you feel like your at home. Wingate is a great place to learn, have new experiences and meet new people from all around the world.

Elisabeth

Determined to get the highest grade they can with the study materials that they have.

My School is best known for the academics area of the college. The classes can be challenging, yet the teachers are there to help you as you go along.

When you arrive on campus, make sure that you are nice the the cafeteria workers and they will give you service with a smile, you also might even make their day. Make sure you wait to buy your books, becuase you may change your class at the last minute or you may not even need the book that you bought. Get as involoved within the campus community as you can because those who are involved are known, which can help when you need something done or when you need resources. Don't exclude yourself to just a small group of friends becuae that can cause you to be narrow minded about people. Listen well to your professors because they always say things that are on the test that you just managed to not write down. Lastly, don't lose your campus ID card, otherwise you will not get to eat until you get a new one.

Being a small school, my classmates are more than just me colleagues, at the very least they are my acquaintances while most of them are my friends.

As a high school senior, I would have loved to push myself to move across the country my first year of college., I would have told myself not to be doubtful or scared. Meeting new people while living in a place far from what I know is a once in a lifetime experience. I would have told myself that going to a small private college will benefit you in the long run. Putting myself in an unfamiliar atmosphere forced me to break out of my shell and to become more social, as well as more involved on campus. College is more than just parties (something you might find at State schools), and it's more about preparing yourself for the future both socially and academically. Branching out from what you like to do and who you like to be with will only benefit you in the long run through life.

If you are looking for a friendly atmosphere with focus on the community as well as your schoolwork, this school is a place you would love. The variety of people here is very unique. With most students being athletes, foreign recruits are quite common. I have learned more about other countries by meeting people from all over than I ever thought I would have. The campus as a whole is supportive of everyone, from academics to athletics, the whole school is cheering you on.

Natalya-Charnaye

It is a small school and the people you know by name; the people you don't know by name and your proffessors are your family... It's your HOME.

Don't question or second guess your ability to survive in college. You're smart and you always have been. Don't give up on college, your dreams, or yourself. Trouble doesn't last always and the end of your storm is coming soon. You'll get your chance to prove yourself to everyone who said you couldn't make it. Never lose hope and don't lose your faith because sometimes it takes being broken completely down to be built back up. Don't worry about momma and the little ones, they will be just fine. It's time to start living for yourself and chasing after what you really want. The family will always be behind you, every step of the way. Not everyone understands where you came from, so learn how to hold your head up and keep a smile on your face. Things always seem better when you're smiling. Love yourself and things will fall into place. You'll find your place in the world and you'll love it. And the biggest thing... Always do what's best for you and sometimes it's the most painful thing to do.

I wish I would have known that my intended major was only a minor and how much the school cost per year.

Anthony

Wingate Univeristy has a wide range of programs and classes to suit the needs of many different majors. Wingate itself has a great education program for all grades.

Calm down and quit worrying yourself. Don't procrastinate, you'll save yourself quite a few migraines that way. The greatest advice, however, is to not let your guard down, you have a good first semester but letting yourself grow over confident will cause so many problems for you. Breathe. And listen to your advisors they know what they are doing and trying to help.

I am a commuter so i feel like i miss out on many of the things going on at the campus due to family life, work, and weather issues. The univeristy itself is great it just feels like I am diconnected at times

Erin

Wingate University has a small-town feel, with various opportunities for leadership, friendship, and service, where everyone is accepted into our community and the staff is most welcoming and encouraging.

I was incredibly fortunate to attend a college preparatory high school, so the transition was much smoother than most of my peers. I would ultimately like to go back in time to when I was in ninth grade and finishing my sophomore year, because I was not involved on campus as I could have been, and I had much more free time than I could ever think about having now that I am at a university. If I could, I would advise myself to invest more time in pleasure reading, extra-curriculars, and applying for scholarships during my earlier years of high school.

My school is quite small and relatively safe for a college campus; also, I cannot go anywhere on campus without greeting a good friend.

Wingate University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.