Wingate University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wingate University

Dazia

Wingate University is a great practice care University. It offers plenty of opportunities in nd out of the classroom. Sports are big priority and 80% of the students of athletes. Social events are always happening to help people get more involved and always of what is happening around them. We have clubs like BSU, SGA, Chemistry club, Chess club,etc. our Greek life is exspanding dramatically and is causing our enrollment to increase. Overall Wingate University is an amazing school and will give any student a great experience.

Alishia

I really love this school they will go above the usual standards to provide students with a great experience in and out of the classroom. When a school can adjust their needs to the student population I think that speaks volumes. And Wingate does they with the annual survey to improve student experience.

Kelli

Wingate is a great University. The class sizes are amazing because we get more one on one with the professors. There is usually always something to do or participate in on campus. The cafeteria is only a great place for food but also a great place for someone and their friends to hang out and socialize. The aura and atmosphere at Wingate makes you feel like your at home. Wingate is a great place to learn, have new experiences and meet new people from all around the world.

Brandy

Wingate University is a school that aims to please and makes everyone feel welcome. I love it here and hope to stay for the next four years. I also love how this school tries to incorporate everyone into the demographics and scholastic activities by having an activity for everyone.

Antwan

Wingate University is a really good school. At first, I didn't want to come here, in fact, Wingate was my last choice but it took a lot of convincing to do. Once I officially started school here I fell in love with the campus and the people. I wanted to transfer but now that I am here and involved in a lot of things that happen on campus I have no intentions of leaving this school. I have made some really good connections here and I am learning something new every day.

I love it at this school, I am very happy to have chosen to go here, originally this collage was just a place I applied to but didn't really intend to go but the first time I visited the campus I fell in love with it and just knew that this was to be my other home.

Karlie

My overall opinion of Wingate University is great. Being a commuter I still feel very welcomed and involved. The campus is always taken care of and the appearance is beautiful. The professors are readily available and I feel like the education department is excellent due to the multiple field experience and hands on opportunities.

Zaria

I think that it is a very nice school to go to. They have an excellent Pharmacy program and there is plenty to do on campus. The staff are very friendly group of people that help when you need it. The campus is beautiful and the buildings are in pretty good shape.

Gregory

Even though we have our share of problems, like every school, we do our best to overcome them all. I think we're headed for a bright and happy future at Wingate. I love my school, and I feel like as time goes on, we can only get better and better. Go Bulldogs!

Wingate was not my dream school; instead, it was my second choice. Through my time here at Wingate, I have learned that you have to make the best of where you are, because no school is perfect. Wingate is experiencing exponential growth that has been a little difficult for the university to keep up with, but the faculty and administration are doing a wonderful job with making sure that every student feels welcome and is taken care of. I matter here. My professors care about my education as much as I do, and there are academic and extracurricular opportunities for each and every student to thrive on campus. I get frustrated with the lack of dining options and classroom space, but I am receiving the best education that I could receive, and that's what matters.

As a third year student at Wingate, I absolutely adore going here. Wingate has a beautiful, small campus. I love the housing here. The people here are just super nice and welcoming and funny. I have meet so many great people. The staff are very easy to talk to and super kind and really want to see you succeed here at Wingate. There are so many opportunities for extra help outside the classroom that truly helped me. There is always something to do every week on campus. I actually enjoy my campus food which I don't hear a lot. I am truly happy to be going to Wingate!

Overall Wingate provided a great experience and good education. Alumni network and career planning are weak due to current staff. Brittany, the person overseeing Alumni relations at the University has done little to foster an active Alumni network. Other schools have better alumni associations that can help with getting your first job, career transitions, etc.

Susan

I love Wingate! Close to the big city (Charlotte) or our satellite campus is close to Asheville. So big city or little town, we have it. The classes are small and professors & classmates alike are committed to everyone's success. At Wingate, you are not just a number.

Thyrah

My overall opinion of Wingate University was very welcoming and great. I loved the scenery, the food, and the people. The scenery is very open, but not to the point where its a far walk to get from class to class. The class size also grabbed my attention because you get the chance to interact with the students and professors more. You can also receive one on one tutoring and help/guidance with your professor if you are struggling which I think is very great!

Being a prospective student, I don't know too much about student life, but I definitely think that Wingate is a fun, safe, family-friendly learning environment and that I will get a great learning experience inside and outside of the classroom. I am very excited to get involved in the many activities that are offered on campus and I believe that my college experience will be academically and socially enriching.

Jaydon

Wingate is a very cultural and diverse school that cares about the student and wants to see the students do well and leave better than they came. The campus itself is wonderful. It is very clean and well kept. Everything is kept up with very well. Life at Wingate is as comfortable as being at home. It is a home for most students.

Cristo Armando

Great university that fosters an opportunistic and inclusive academic environment. There are plenty of clubs that garner much participation, and professors are generally very helpful and informative. Although, there is not much to do in Wingate, the town itself. Charlotte is only 45 minutes away with nightclubs and great party scenes.

Jada

While at Wingate University, my opinion has remained the same. I think it is an excellent school. Not only do you get a good education but you are also challenged in the process. The professors push you to go above your comfort level, so that you can be more successful. On campus, you are surrounded by people who are there to achieve their goals as well. You are able to learn, strive, and make good connections with others through conversations, clubs, and sports. As stated before, this school is excellent and I cannot wait to spend my upcoming years here!

Faith

This is one of the affordable private school in the United States of America. The population size is small which makes it easier for the professors to reach out and help every student in a classroom. This college has partnership with different organization that offer internship and work to students.

Sammi

Wingate University allows students to truly find themselves. They care for each student. I enjoy the smaller classroom sizes because it is much easier to receive help from a Professor. Wingate also provides tutoring in the library which is very helpful. Each major and program is perfect for each student going into their career fields. I highly recommend Wingate University.

Breanna

Wingate is super family oriented. Everyone knows most everyone and if not you still feel comfortable talking to everyone there. They have you do a gateway class which includes a scavenger hunt so you’re prepared and know where things are. The staff is always available and if they aren’t available in person if you email them they will make time. I love the scene at Wingate University and I am glad this is the college I chose.

Pamela

This school and campus feels like home. I am a freshman who his missing my mother and my only brother. However, Wingate made my transition very smooth. I like my doom room and roommates. We are all getting acclimated to the setting and loving it!

Monica

I really like Wingate University. The class sizes are comfortably small. The faculty and staff are always there to help the students. The professors always makes time to talk to the students and to answer any questions they might have. The atmosphere is very warm and very family like.

georgia

Wingate is an amazing academic school, with a beautiful campus. there are lots of clubs and events to let us meet new people and give us opportunities. The faculty are super nice and helpful. they are generally available anytime you need them. the teachers are helpful and make it easier for us to learn.

Aliyah

I Like the school, it's peaceful, it's quiet. There is always something to do. The professors are always available and are open to many opinions. The campus is beautiful and everything is close by. Would like better food options and closer off-campus activities.

Kaye

The words, " Major in a great life," are embroidered on flags, written on polls and spoken regularly at Wingate University. Wingate's motto drives students to enjoy every aspect of their college experience while excelling in the classroom to have an overall great life. Although the university is a place to receive a higher education and claim a major, Wingate University focuses on the all- around well-being of each student. Through concerts at the end of the year, food trucks popping up in the middle of campus, morning coffee in the quad, pet therapy during exams, renowned speakers in the evenings and other additional amenities, Wingate students lives are enriched and granted a great life.

Calista

Wingate is a great school, my dream school and also the first school I was accepted into! Just coming up with the last few thousands of dollars for my tuition will be the determining factor for whether I attend Wingate or go to a different university.

Tierra

When university is all around an amazing experience. I am a part of off on my compact on campus and I feel that it is the best thing I could’ve done. The professors are extremely accessible and all-around are concerned with students performance inside and outside of class. There are plenty of facilities around campus such as tutoring and the arc program and help students with writing papers. The dorm rooms on the other hand need improvement there are plenty of rooms that have black mold in them which is the major health concern.

Skyler

Wingate University is a great university. Everything on campus is constantly being updated, from food facilities to residence halls. You can almost always find a professor who will do everything to help you succeed. They listen to change, if opinions get voiced in SGA, change can happen.

Violetta

Wingate is a growing university, focusing growth on campus size and slowly transforming from a liberal arts school into a school that values hard sciences. Right now pharmacy and physical therapy are big areas of growth. The faculty is absolutely wonderful and open-minded. A large portion of the student populace is religious and conservative, as the school used to be affiliated with the Baptist church. There is a good bit of religious and ideological diversity. There are many of international students. It's a growing and changing campus.

Austin

This is a rather small but academically sound school. The class sizes are good for getting the most one on one time with the professors and get the most hands on instruction. It is an ever growing campus with new facilities and new programs for students.

Gabriela

I like it, not love it, but like it. The environment and the vibes it gives off are nice, yet you still can get the sense of feeling a bit lonely at times! There's many activities to get everyone involved and they are very good about trying to make you feel at home, however there's always that one feeling you can't shake off.

Gaelle

I love the environment of the campus. Overall, it is very safe and reliable especially where it is located. I would encourage and student whose looking for a good balance in academic and sports to join. The advisers are always willing to help their students and find a matching degree with their passion.

Anamarie

I think that Wingate University is a very welcoming and inspiring college. The campus is always being tended to, which makes the appeal of the school higher. Also, the class sizes are a comfortable size where the students will feel comfortable to participate and ask the professors questions when needed. The professors take the time to get to know each of their students and their strengths and weaknesses. They encourage them to be successful and I think that the professors are what succeeds in making students successful. There are also a lot of activities that are going on that the students can participate in, which adds to a welcoming and fun college experience. There are many chances to be taught about other things through the Lyceums that are provided. Overall, I think that the campus is a perfect place for someone who likes small, intimate spaces.

Kiarra

Wingate has a beautiful campus with amazing students, professors, and other faculty members. Wingate has an uncommonly small campus with the student body to fit. The dorms could use work and an update, but the majority of the time you are trying to not be in your dorm room. We have a good variety of food on campus with a Pizza Hut, Subway, a cafe in the library (Einsteins), a Klondike, and a recently added Starbucks and Chick-fil-a. Our cafeteria food is not the best but it has definitely improved over time this year.

Ethan

It’s a great small school that provides great teacher to student ratios. The professors really care about who you are and how you do. It feels like a big family atmosphere. Sure we may be only be Division 2 in sports but we have great crowds and even better teams.

Sammy

After my visit to the Wingate campus, I decided to enroll at the University. I was extremely impressed with the staff and faculty I was able to meet with. The campus as a whole is extremely well kept and the dorms soared above my highest expectations.

Paige

Loved my visit and all the college has to offer! Can’t wait to be on campus!!!

Tamara

Wingate is definitely growing more and more, but they're growing for the wrong reasons. The food is inedible, the teachers tell you to figure it out when you want help, and there is literally no cameras in most of the dorms. People were beat up constantly or the RAs were letting floors run rapid. Not a good school either, it's gross, but for those who liked a small, close-knit school, it's the one for you.

I think Wingate University is the perfect university if you're interested in a small school where you can form class bonds with your professors. There is a very amiable atmosphere; the scenery is fantastic, and it is truly a close community. I can't think of any university I rather go to.

miracle

Pretty good and active school very friendly people. The housing is people well Freshmen get a chance to meet new people. Many activities on campus to get involved in. The teachers are willing to help and they make you feel like family there and are always willing to help.

Kaera

Wingate University is a school a that cares about your education and what will happen in the future or after you graduate. The school feels like a home away from home and there are plenty of things that you can get involved do you won't feel alone when your away from your family. Wingate to me is a school that cares for there students and won't them to have success in the future.

Piper

Wingate University is such an amazing school, they have a range of activities and groups to help keep you occupied and interested in your free time. The quality of their academics is top-notch. Everyone on campus is friendly and willing to help in any way they can, the smaller class sizes mean there is more one on one time with the professors.

Antonio

It’s amazing but expensive and I need a scholarship because if I don’t get one I won’t be able too keep attending this amazing school. Everything’s nice about it the price is my only main issue to be honest. Everyone will feel welcomed here at Wingate

Riley

Wingate University is a beautiful school! If you love small colleges, you will love this one! Everyone pretty much knows everyone else, or at least has heard of them. You have a great relationship with all of your professors because class sizes are not huge. Overall, Wingate is pretty great!

Jocelyn

Wingate University is a small campus, which allows the students to feel welcomed and at home. There are plenty of opportunities for one to take advantage of and get involved. The professors are known to invest time and effort into their students, even outside of the classroom.

Zazjah

My overall view of opinion Wingate University is that it’s a decent size campus. The mentors on campus are very kind to the new upcoming freshman’s. The counselors are very help and understanding with the students. The new upcoming freshman’s have a general idea of college life.

whitney

While Wingate University is a beautiful school with a breathtaking campus, that is not the only thing Wingate is known for. From the extracurriculars to the wonderful professors there's many things to love about this university. The school is highly diverse and focuses on the importance of academics while allowing people, who need extra help, to free tutoring sessions and free counseling.

Teresa

I have now visited 2 times with my twins.. I'm nothing but impressed of the whole area.i cant wait tonlwt my girls be part of this school

Wingate is not a big school but the overall campus is beautiful. People are very kind and the professors care about the students and try to help as much as possible. The atmosphere is like no other. If you like to have personal connections and interactions with people, this is the school for you.