Queensbury, NY
Adirondack Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Adirondack Community College

Jacob

I think it is a very good for someone who only wants to go for two years. My mother and brother both went to there and graduated with their associates degree. They both commuted to and from school about 2-3 days a week. You can also pick what days that you want to go to school.

Lorraine

I find Adirondack a very good school, although I am older and these questions did not apply to me as I have a family at home. I put off school after high school and traveled the world seeing things now that I'm here I'm very happy with my choice. This school offers so much fro a younger student body which is great for them.

Victor

it is a great school with many programs, great staff and students. The staff help out the students with homework and extra help. the school is also very affordable and there are 2 campuses. one in Wilton and the other in queensbury. If you are looking with a school with small to medium class sizes, affordable tuition and local, this is a school that might interest you.

Sophia

I have taken classes throughout the school year and summers, and I prefer the regular school year classes to summer. In the summer, they often have a lot of construction going on, making it hard to navigate around the campus. During the year, though, the professors are very informed and it is easy to learn and get a good grade as long as you do what is expected of you, to the best of your ability. Overall, it is an enjoyable experience. I learned a lot, and the tuition isn't too bad, plus for being a community college, it has a lot to offer.

Thomas

I really like ACC because of how small it is. The classes are usually no more than about twenty and some are even smaller. The teacher knows everyone's name and is usually more than willing to help if someone is struggling with something. The teachers are also really great people which makes class much more fun.

Emma

Adirondack Community College afforded me the opportunity to begin my college career while still allowing me to undergo a discovery process about what I wanted to study. I was able to complete many of my general education requirements in an financially intelligent way and it helped me make a transition from high school to college in a seemless manner. It gave me the tools I neded to transfer to the 4 year school of my dreams!

My first year in college was at a local community college. I chose this option to complete some general education courses at lesser expense, but also to create a stronger academic profile to expand my 4 year college options. This transition was pretty seemless, as I was still living at home and not transitioning to life "on my own". I do wish I could go back and talk to my high school sophomore and junior self, so I would have focused better on my academics then so that I would have been in a better position to take advantage of college scholarship opportunities, as they are far more limited for transfer students. I would tell myself procrastination is NEVER a good strategy and that good organization skills are a must. As for moving away to school, I will make that leap on August 17th, when I move from NY to Missouri to attend Mizzou. Since this will be a new experience, I can only hope that many of the lessons I have learned my college freshman year will serve to make me better prepared for this exciting step. Thank you!

I tell me friends that I made a smart choice to attend college one year at home. Since much of the first year of school is made up of general education requirements, SUNY Adirondack allowed me to complete those at far less expense. I was also able to complete many of these classes in a smaller more intimate way, than many of the large lecture hall classes.

Karen

First, I would have taken my hand and dragged myself onto the Adirondack Community College campus for a tour. The campus settings (grounds, facilities, faculty, technology... you name it) are astounding. The location for upstate New York residents like myself is also a big plus. By doing this I would have encouraged myself to give it a chance and not to worry so much about how it was going to be paid for, but instead, tell myself that no matter what, it will have eventually paid for itself. Secondly, I would tell myself the reprocussions of not having furthered my education. Reiterating how I spent 21 years in the workforce primarily at the operative level. How I spent many wasted years enduring a false sense of pride by struggling to advance in my field of work with nearly nothing to show for it. Being self-taught has its advantages but not nearly as many as in pursuing a higher form of education. Finally, I would have pleaded with myself to take the time to research and write down all the pros and cons in the matter of attending college verses the reprocussions of joining the workforce without a college education.

Definately the Professors and faculty. They have all been exceptionally helpful, knowledgable, curtious and inspiring. I earnestly believe in order to have a successful education in a classroom setting at least fifty percent rides on the mentor's presentation and willingness to provide each of their students with the individual needs they require for advancement. The Professor's at Adirondack Community College have made all the difference to me in furthering my college experience and success.

How utterly and ultimately enlightening the experience would be. If I had known then what I know now, I would have done it sooner.

Sherry

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to make sure I finish off my high school academic career with above average grades. I would tell myself to push harder. I only wish I had known then what I know now about college and what a good high school transcript could have done for me. I would have done well enough to where I could have gotten into a decent four year school right out of high school.

Anyone of any age who is interested in furthering their education.

I enjoyed most everything about my school except for the lack of good parking and no swim team/pool.

Adirondack Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.