Iola, KS
Allen County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Allen County Community College

I personally enjoy attending Allen County College. They are very personable, helpful, and the facility is always kept up nice. It is a cheap way of obtain your associates, or certificate. The teachers truly care about your education, and check in regularly. I would recommend this school to anyone wanting to attend a junior college before transferring.

Devon

Allen County Community College offers a variety of classes that I have partaken in. I have been taking my general education courses as well as some political science classes. I have enjoyed taking these courses and the staff support has been more than adequate.

denise

Great school and prices!

Great school and prices!

Alisha

My school is unique in such ways that I feel as though they actually compare about me; they treat me as though I am not just a number and I am a person. Since the school is not located where I am employed and live I take all my classes online and they are easy to understand and navigate through.

My school offers a variety of courses and cares about the well-being of their students; I have felt welcome since the first day I applied -- admissions counselors and teachers have contacted me to make sure that I am understanding coursework.

Some things in life can be learned and some things in life have to be experienced. College is just one of those things that have to be experienced because college has so many unpredictable factors. There are a lot of factors that go along with going to college, and most individuals don?t even think about them before setting foot on campus. Factors such as those that fall in the lines of getting along with your roommate(s), managing time, spending time with friends, classes, and trying to find ways to make money and so on. That is the reason why, that if I knew what I know now about college, I think my transition from high school life to college life would have been a little easier. If I could go back in time I'd make sure that I told myself to manage my time properly, prioritize, and balance my weekly activities.Balancing weekly activities especially, because my first semester of college was stressful for me because I didn?t have that outlet of fun I needed. I studied so much that I didn?t make sure I had any fun, so therefore I always felt overwhelmed.

I wish I would have known that getting a job in this town would be extremely hard. I am very well qualified to work most jobs but inthis town it felt as though none of my qualifications were good enough, and i don't know why.

The most fusstrating thing about my school is that since it is so small it always seems like there is a ton of drama that goes on here. Since everybody knows everybody, everybody knows everybody's business, which is a bad thing.

Joanne

Affordable institution that gives students the opportunity to explore and reach educational goals.

Affordable tuition and small student-teacher ratio

College life is definitely a big transition from high school. I would tell myself to continue striving for excellence and never take anything or granted. Being involved is the key. Whether it's sports, theater, or volunteer work, it all counts. Never settle for mediocrity when it comes to getting the job done.

Mary

This is a school for all students whether you are a traditional or non-traditional student. Allen County Community College is all about learning and making that learning possible for all that are interested. It provides the environment and opportunity to attend classes during the day, evening or on YOUR schedule through their online program. Instructors and staff are responsive and committed to seeing their students succeed.

I am an adult student returning to college after many years in the workforce. When I graduated from high school I was quite anxious to get out into the workforce, get married and start a family. I do not regret any of those things, however had I included college in those plans I can see how much added value it would have provided to those goals. My advice to myself would be to get a college education. I have done well for myself in the workforce, working my way up into a management position. I always look back and think that I could have achieved my successes much quicker if I had my degree. Returning to school now so many times during a course I think how valuable the information I am learning now would have been if I had it while working up in my jobs. Not only is the information I obtain valuable in my career but I see so much valuable information that can be applied to daily life. Successes I have made in my life could have been achieved so much quicker and easier had I obtained my degree early on.

Amy

The advice I would give myself would be to make my college choices based soley off what I want. I have seen many people choose a college to follow their friends or a boyfriend, this is not a good idea. No matter who you know going into the college, you WILL make new friends. When picking out a college visit them to figure out which environment feels the best for you. If you feel comfortable there it will turn out to be the right decision. It helped me to sit down and make a pros and cons list after I visited each college. Another aspect to consider is the academic path. Don't choose a college because your friends are going their if it doesn't even have your major. Also, choose the college that offers other activities that will make you happy such as sports or organizations. THe most important aspect to consider when choosing a college, pick the one that will make you the happiest because that is what will make your experience the best.

I would consider the location the worst part. I do not dislike the fact that it is in a small town but it would be nice if Iola was close to a bigger town. It is about an hour from Pittsburg and Lawrence. I believe the college would be more appealling if it were close to a bigger city.

A student who wants a "big city" experience for college should not choose Allen County. It has a small town setting and only about 3000 students. It was a great transition for me from my small hometown but I have had friends from bigger cities attend here that did not like the fact that it was so small. If you are looking for a college city that has a lot going on other than the school, I would not choose Allen County.

Allen County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.